Jump to content


Aaron Williams mic'd up against Jets


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,712 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

http://www.buffalobi...af-968f8e143569

Anyone catch what Gilmore said to him on the sidelines that made him warn him about the mic/camera?

Also - wacthing him go up against Holmes made me think he is a more viable option at corner than Rogers if McLovin is out.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo, 24 September 2013 - 12:37 PM.


#2 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Two great parts on that video:  1) Aaron Williams has apparently improved a lot in coverage (his coverage on Santonio Holmes on the two passes was tight but the pass was perfect).  2) The other part was when he went to the sideline after picking up and slamming a receiver, walked over toward Byrd (at least I think it was Byrd) and said "It's fun when you doing your job".  He actually sounds like a team leader out there.

#3 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,712 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostBringBackFergy, on 24 September 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Two great parts on that video:  1) Aaron Williams has apparently improved a lot in coverage (his coverage on Santonio Holmes on the two passes was tight but the pass was perfect).  2) The other part was when he went to the sideline after picking up and slamming a receiver, walked over toward Byrd (at least I think it was Byrd) and said "It's fun when you doing your job".  He actually sounds like a team leader out there.
He seemed to talk to Byrd a lot during the game. Good sign. I also picked up on the team leader.

#4 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,490 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

I'm really happy to see we like Aaron Williams now...for now.

#5 DC Tom

DC Tom

    Also sniping at retards from the balcony

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,283 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

For those who don't feel like watching the whole thing...most of it's just "Ay!  Let's go!"

#6 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Long season indeed Mr. Williams.

#7 BeefCurtns

BeefCurtns

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Wish they word mic up Hackett so we can hear that dumpster fire in action. I bet it would sound like OK dive play to cj up the middle twice then check down to Freddie over the middle way short of the marker OK EJ go and do it really quick so our gased defense can get right back out there

#8 Mike in Syracuse

Mike in Syracuse

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostBringBackFergy, on 24 September 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Two great parts on that video:  1) Aaron Williams has apparently improved a lot in coverage (his coverage on Santonio Holmes on the two passes was tight but the pass was perfect).  2) The other part was when he went to the sideline after picking up and slamming a receiver, walked over toward Byrd (at least I think it was Byrd) and said "It's fun when you doing your job".  He actually sounds like a team leader out there.

The press coverage scheme that Pettine uses is much more suited to Aaron Williams playstyle than the Cover 2 used by previous DC's.   It's obvious that WIlliams is a big, strong kid who could easily fill in at CB in Pettine's system.

If Byrd's healthy this week I'd put him and Leonhard in a safety and play Williams at corner if McLovin's not ready.

#9 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostMike in Syracuse, on 24 September 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

The press coverage scheme that Pettine uses is much more suited to Aaron Williams playstyle than the Cover 2 used by previous DC's.   It's obvious that WIlliams is a big, strong kid who could easily fill in at CB in Pettine's system.

If Byrd's healthy this week I'd put him and Leonhard in a safety and play Williams at corner if McLovin's not ready.
This would be very nice.

#10 Dean Cain

Dean Cain

    DAS AUTO

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

#23 actually sounds like a team leader. I like his attitude.

#11 Buftex

Buftex

    JIM KELLY: the reason for the seasons!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,804 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I like Williams.  I like more at safety, but I can deal with him at corner, especially after this past week.  As awful as that game was for the Bills, they were still in position to win (or at least tie it up) in the final 10 minutes...better play from one of our corners, on just one of those plays, could have been the difference between winning and losing.

I know Gilmore is still weeks away from returning...sure would be nice to have a properly motivated Byrd back in the secondary...I realize that may never happen though.

#12 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,490 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostBuftex, on 24 September 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

I like Williams.  I like more at safety, but I can deal with him at corner, especially after this past week.  As awful as that game was for the Bills, they were still in position to win (or at least tie it up) in the final 10 minutes...better play from one of our corners, on just one of those plays, could have been the difference between winning and losing.

I know Gilmore is still weeks away from returning...sure would be nice to have a properly motivated Byrd back in the secondary...I realize that may never happen though.

Please clarify:

Weeks? He was listed at 4-6 weeks 4-6 weeks ago. Has there been an update?

#13 Sig1Hunter

Sig1Hunter

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

View PostDC Tom, on 24 September 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

For those who don't feel like watching the whole thing...most of it's just "Ay!  Let's go!"

Yeah. With all the "heys" he was shouting out there, I thought he was auditioning to be Si's brother on Duck Dynasty.

#14 Jon in Pasadena

Jon in Pasadena

    Digital Janitor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostLVBillsBackr, on 24 September 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Wish they word mic up Hackett so we can hear that dumpster fire in action. I bet it would sound like OK dive play to cj up the middle twice then check down to Freddie over the middle way short of the marker OK EJ go and do it really quick so our gased defense can get right back out there
If Hackett doesn't shape up soon, I foresee a Buddy Ryan-to-Kevin Gilbride style punch in his future from Mike Pettine....

#15 bizell

bizell

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

my favorite line.  "Ay, I got you. You stupid."

hahaha.  good vid.

#16 Dibs

Dibs

    Myth Buster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

That was really fun to watch!

I couldn't help but imagine the feed if Rogers was mic'd up instead.
"Where'd he go?  Oh.....ah, ****!!!!!"

#17 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,712 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostDibs, on 25 September 2013 - 02:13 AM, said:

That was really fun to watch!

I couldn't help but imagine the feed if Rogers was mic'd up instead.
"Where'd he go?  Oh.....ah, ****!!!!!"
I liked being able to see the plays from the different angles than they show on TV. I like A Williams' attitude.

#18 MDH

MDH

    My mind is going...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,687 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostThe Big Cat, on 24 September 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

Please clarify:

Weeks? He was listed at 4-6 weeks 4-6 weeks ago. Has there been an update?

I read something today that said as recently as last week he still had pins sticking out of his wrist. Doesn't sound like he'll be on the field anytime in the next few weeks given that info.

Edited by MDH, 25 September 2013 - 12:12 PM.