#22 May Day 10

May Day 10

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Awesome job.

Just remember, the most important aspect, like 98% of it is diet. Exercise just buys you more calories, and also maintains the muscle that already exists so you dont burn that away along with fat.

#23 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,709 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

I will join in. I have a gym membership but never get time to go. However. Its getting darker early. Hopefully I'll get it done.

#24 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,093 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

How are you you preparing it?

Roasting the hip to the knee and braising the shank.

#25 Gugny

Gugny

Yeah, I'm a baseball guy at heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,779 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Roasting the hip to the knee and braising the shank.

With a wedge of iceberg lettuce on the side ...

#26 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,093 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

With a wedge of iceberg lettuce on the side ...

Whatever I ain't eating' it.

#27 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

Obnoxiously Obtuse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,070 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Should I make a Google Doc??

List everyone's daily weight, their goal, and how far they have to go?

I could even incorporate...CONDITIONAL FORMATTING.

#28 Gugny

Gugny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,779 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm in, by the way. Not sure if I clarified that. Thanks for doing this.

#29 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

Obnoxiously Obtuse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,070 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

OKAY, I made a Google Doc

Please input your name, your goal and as much data as you can for the first two days

http://goo.gl/JRj3vD

Edited by The Big Cat, 03 October 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#30 Gugny

Gugny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,779 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

Can a mod please pin this thread?

#31 ajzepp

ajzepp

TBD's Resident Focker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,256 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#32 BillsGuyInWilton

BillsGuyInWilton

I can has football?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,762 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:41 AM

This is an excellent thread and a great cause.

Here's my story which hopefully provides some motivation.

Back in February I weighed in at 255 pounds. Kinda the same song and dance, but I was just tired of being a fat guy. I had always been a pretty big dude since high school but I started to hate the way I looked and it honestly was impacting my health in a pretty negative way (I was getting winded a lot, plus some aches and pains attributed to carrying that weight around).

I started a calorie-counting diet and began running on February 16th. I focused on fruit, veggies and fish and kicked junk food completely to the curb. This was particularly hard for me as I've got a massive sweet tooth but I just kept reminding myself of the end result. I started weighing myself every other day and writing the results up on a calendar in my office so it was staring at me in the face every day. I joined a run club up here in Wilton and what started off as just one mile walks two days out of the week has now grown into 5K runs at least three days of the week. Even more if my schedule allows, I honestly look forward to each and every workout now. I combine those runs with some light weight training and have stuck to the proper diet for the last seven months.

Its not been fun and it certainly has not been easy but as of my last weigh in I'm at 157 pounds for a net loss of 98 pounds.

I'm very happy with how I look right now and I've recently shifted into just maintaining my weight as opposed to losing any more. I'm a lean, mean running machine these days and I've honestly never felt better physically or mentally.

Its all about motivation and will power. If you are honest with your dieting and workout routine then you'll just watch the weight peel right off. I'm anxious to follow everyone's progress here, keep it going guys and girls!

#33 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

Obnoxiously Obtuse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,070 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Back in February I weighed in at 255 pounds. Kinda the same song and dance, but I was just tired of being a fat guy. I had always been a pretty big dude since high school but I started to hate the way I looked and it honestly was impacting my health in a pretty negative way (I was getting winded a lot, plus some aches and pains attributed to carrying that weight around).

I started a calorie-counting diet and began running on February 16th. I focused on fruit, veggies and fish and kicked junk food completely to the curb. This was particularly hard for me as I've got a massive sweet tooth but I just kept reminding myself of the end result. I started weighing myself every other day and writing the results up on a calendar in my office so it was staring at me in the face every day. I joined a run club up here in Wilton and what started off as just one mile walks two days out of the week has now grown into 5K runs at least three days of the week. Even more if my schedule allows, I honestly look forward to each and every workout now. I combine those runs with some light weight training and have stuck to the proper diet for the last seven months.

Its not been fun and it certainly has not been easy but as of my last weigh in I'm at 157 pounds for a net loss of 98 pounds.

I'm very happy with how I look right now and I've recently shifted into just maintaining my weight as opposed to losing any more. I'm a lean, mean running machine these days and I've honestly never felt better physically or mentally.

Its all about motivation and will power. If you are honest with your dieting and workout routine then you'll just watch the weight peel right off. I'm anxious to follow everyone's progress here, keep it going guys and girls!

Damn, bro!! :worthy:

#34 Gugny

Gugny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,779 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Simply awesome.

#35 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,903 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I feel left out. If I lose weight I may disappear.

Good luck everyone! I'll be rooting for you.

Chef Jim is in the lead sans leg

#36 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,093 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

And moves further out in front. Left arm gone. And piss off!! It's only a flesh wound.

#37 LeviF91

LeviF91

Uh huh, alright.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,549 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

It's an old guy's game, for the most part. Good luck, all.

#38 The Poojer

The Poojer

Just Your Everyday Bastard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,132 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

Holy Crap, that is incredible. Congrats! I have tried to motivate myself to run, but i really just can't and everytime i tried and gave up i got discouraged and pretty much just stopped everything. I have since gotten together with a couple guys at work and we meet 630 AM and walk 4-6 miles. I do it 3x's a week and do the gym in our office the other 2. I also walk with a co-worker at lunch 3-4 times a day, that's only 1.5 miles but we try and maintain close to a 4.0 mph pace. People have told me that walking is just as beneficial as walking, so rather than discourage myself by my inability to run, i walk with a group, put howard stern in my ears and walk, so far its working. My diet isn't horrible, save for the amount of beer i drink, but even that, i do a reward system for myself. if i don't walk or go to the gym, i don't have a beer that day(granted we are only talking about going for a beer maybe 3x's a week. and even when i do have a beer, say on sundays during football...i have cut back noticeably.

#39 Fan in San Diego

Fan in San Diego

Old Sage from way back when.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,217 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

Now you start a contest! I started a program two months ago and have lost 40 lbs. 20 more to go. Can I still be an entry?

#40 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,355 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

If you want to join in, you can. But you'll have to put on the same amount that people here lose in order to compete.