Jump to content


Let's turn our attention to the Bengals...


  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

A key matchup here is Gilmore in his first game back up against the absolute stud AJ Green. Talib held him to 61 yards and no TDs yesterday. Gilmore went 1:1 with him in college. Also, Dalton has been inconsistent as usual but clearly not a bad QB as he has led the Bengals to the playoffs two years in a row. The Cincy D is really good.... I am not sure whether we can run on it and they held Brady to no TDs. Their secondary is OK but their front 7 is awesome.

#2 KD in CT

KD in CT

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,772 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:23 AM

The key matchup is Thad Lewis going up against a defense that limited Brady to 6 points.

#3 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostKD in CT, on 07 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The key matchup is Thad Lewis going up against a defense that limited Brady to 6 points.
I feel better about our chances (albeit slightly) knowing that our QB has 6 full days to prepare (rather than 8-10 snaps that Tuel had the week of the Brown's game). Oh, and by the way, hopefully they'll give Tuel 20 snaps this week on the off chance that Lewis gets injured.

#4 mead107

mead107

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,237 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

We win 21 - 17

#5 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostKD in CT, on 07 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The key matchup is Thad Lewis going up against a defense that limited Brady to 6 points.
Well...it WAS in a monsoon....

#6 ALF

ALF

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

The Legend of Thaddeus begins !

#7 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Geno Adkins against Colon Brown.....

Any Chance Adkins is hurt?

#8 ALF

ALF

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Legursky might be ready to play. The Bills would need to have a blocking TE (a new job for C. Brown)  and stay a 6 man OL

Edited by ALF, 07 October 2013 - 11:48 AM.


#9 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostJPS, on 07 October 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Geno Adkins against Colon Brown.....

Any Chance Adkins is hurt?
Adkins vs. Legursky is my bet

#10 Max997

Max997

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,441 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Is Gilmore def back?

Has this been announced?


#11 zow2

zow2

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

It's good to be hopeful.  The last 2 home games have had a bit of magic, like old times.  I love Cinci coming in here off an emotional win and the Bills coming off a big Prime time loss. Thad limits his mistakes and the D and special teams come up huge.

Bills 23  Cincinnati 20

#12 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostMax997, on 07 October 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Is Gilmore def back?

Has this been announced?
Marrone said on Friday that Gilmore, Byrd and Brooks are all expected back. :D

#13 matter2003

matter2003

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostYoloInTheBlo, on 07 October 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

A key matchup here is Gilmore in his first game back up against the absolute stud AJ Green. Talib held him to 61 yards and no TDs yesterday. Gilmore went 1:1 with him in college. Also, Dalton has been inconsistent as usual but clearly not a bad QB as he has led the Bengals to the playoffs two years in a row. The Cincy D is really good.... I am not sure whether we can run on it and they held Brady to no TDs. Their secondary is OK but their front 7 is awesome.

We put up 350+ rush yards against the #3 and #4 run defenses. We will run and run well, this much I am sure of.



Cincinnati doesn't scare me...at all

#14 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

View Postmatter2003, on 07 October 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

We put up 350+ rush yards against the #3 and #4 run defenses. We will run and run well, this much I am sure of.



Cincinnati doesn't scare me...at all
My worry on that is that they will just put 8 in the box and let Thad try to beat us with his arm. We have no idea what that will bring. However, they have very little film on him and will be going off of EJ film.

#15 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostKD in CT, on 07 October 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

The key matchup is Thad Lewis going up against a defense that limited Brady to 6 points.

And 17 to a QB they didn't know in Hoyer. (2 TDs and a FG actually)

#16 Bangarang

Bangarang

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

Dalton is always dying to throw back break interceptions.

I'm hoping our defense tears his ass up.

#17 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,746 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

View PostBangarang, on 07 October 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Dalton is always dying to throw back break interceptions.

I'm hoping our defense tears his ass up.
That is vintage Dalton - like the cross-body INT he threw in the red zone yesterday. Or when he misses AJ Green wide open.

Let's hope Thad is out there practicing bombs to Woods and slants to Stevie as we speak.

#18 beggar13

beggar13

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if Byrd is traded before the game this Sunday.

#19 opfball91

opfball91

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostBangarang, on 07 October 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Dalton is always dying to throw back break interceptions.

I'm hoping our defense tears his ass up.

The defense knows it has to be them that wins us this game.  I'm just hoping our offense can keep a good pace and control the clock.  Limit turnovers/penalties/special teams TDs and you always have a chance to win a football game.

#20 matter2003

matter2003

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostYoloInTheBlo, on 07 October 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

My worry on that is that they will just put 8 in the box and let Thad try to beat us with his arm. We have no idea what that will bring. However, they have very little film on him and will be going off of EJ film.

Baltimore did that and it didn't help, our OLine mauled them...