Jump to content


Geno Smith MNF - Falcons/Jets


  • Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Is Geno that good or is the Falcons defense horrendous?? My gosh, the CB's and safeties are leaving receivers and the TE wide open.

Disregard this thread. Another one opened at same time.

#2 It's in My Blood

It's in My Blood

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

Geno Smith is looking great tonight. I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but in the back of my mind I keep questioning if the Bills FO made another draft blunder by passing on him.

I believe in E.J.'s potential but watching Smith throw deep and accurate passes makes me jealous.

I hope Marrone and co.  take off whatever reigns they may have on E.J.'s playbook and let him loose.

Edited by It's in My Blood, 07 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.


#3 drinkTHEkoolaid

drinkTHEkoolaid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Hate to admit it...but he doesn't look bad. He is making plays.

If geno goes on to have a better career we will never hear the end if it since we had our choice of them. Ugghh......

Come on EJ!!!!

#4 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Oops, I just started a MNF thread. I'll try to delete mine if I can do it on my phone.

#5 KD in CT

KD in CT

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,787 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Falcons have a bad pass rush and the Jets have a good pass defense.   That's a recipe for the Jets having a chance tonight.

Naturally I didn't bother to think about that when I made my survivor pool pick.   :doh:

#6 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostKD in CT, on 07 October 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

Falcons have a bad pass rush and the Jets have a good pass defense.   That's a recipe for the Jets having a chance tonight.

Naturally I didn't bother to think about that when I made my survivor pool pick.   :doh:

The jets are so physical on both lines. They can really manhandle soft teams like the Bills and Falcons

#7 bobinaz

bobinaz

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Let's hope the Bills have as much luck against the Falcons like the Jets are having tonight.

#8 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

He will soon turn into the turnover machine. Although the Falcons have decided not to rush, cover or tackle.

#9 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

I think the Falcons secondary is terrible...similar to our team playing the Jets minus Gilmore, Brooks, Byrd and Leodis. EJ has played some stout defenses.

#10 matter2003

matter2003

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,135 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostFluffHead, on 07 October 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

The jets are so physical on both lines. They can really manhandle soft teams like the Bills and Falcons

Ask Baltimore and Cleveland how "soft" we were...

Look forward to playing the Jets again using our man blocking scheme instead of the zone blocking scheme we used the first 3 games...last 3 games we used man blocking we ran for 350+ yards against the #3 and #4 run defenses....

#11 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Jets D looks nasty.....Totally dominating the LOS.

#12 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

View Postmatter2003, on 07 October 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:


Ask Baltimore and Cleveland how "soft" we were...

Look forward to playing the Jets again using our man blocking scheme instead of the zone blocking scheme we used the first 3 games...last 3 games we used man blocking we ran for 350+ yards against the #3 and #4 run defenses....

Bottom line is jets kick our butts up front whenever we play them lately with the exception of the last game last season when they packed it in and ran for the bus

#13 bobobonators

bobobonators

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostBringBackFergy, on 07 October 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

I think the Falcons secondary is terrible...similar to our team playing the Jets minus Gilmore, Brooks, Byrd and Leodis. EJ has played some stout defenses.

Lets be objective and take off the homer goggles; it's not as if Geno is playing teams in the CFL.  How many playmakers do Geno have on that offense?

Edited by bobobonators, 07 October 2013 - 09:18 PM.


#14 Kelly the Dog

Kelly the Dog

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,512 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postbobobonators, on 07 October 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:



Lets be objective and take off the homer goggles; it's not as if Geno is playing teams in the CFL.  How many playmakers do Geno have on that offense?
Looked to me like all but one or two of his completions were to players without defenders near them. He did throw a beautiful pass to Cumberland near the goal line who was covered well. But most all his completions he had all day and wide open receivers. He will start to fade soon. I'll bet on it. It already started.

#15 Trader

Trader

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Geno is playing great really throwing darts.   That being said he is playing pitch and catch there is zero pass rush.   The Jets O line is solid.    I still like EJ over Smith but I do think the Bills have lost ground to both the Jets and Miami in overall team strength.  The Bills are number four in a four team division.

#16 It's in My Blood

It's in My Blood

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostKelly the Dog, on 07 October 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:


Looked to me like all but one or two of his completions were to players without defenders near them. He did throw a beautiful pass to Cumberland near the goal line who was covered well. But most all his completions he had all day and wide open receivers. He will start to fade soon. I'll bet on it. It already started.

Even if he does fade, which I agree he most likely will, he still played a great 1st half. Taking shots downfield. Accurate throwing. Recognizing the blitz. Knowing when to tuck it and run.

If he wasn't a Jet, I'd be a fan of his. If he was a Bill, I'd be salivating at his potential over the next few years.



#17 kdiggz

kdiggz

    Future Owner of the Cheektowaga Bills

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

Geno isn't getting held back like EJ. He's being allowed to run around and chuck it down field and make plays/mistakes. They are giving him enough rope to hang himself in other words but if he can persevere then he's going to do well (unfortunately) but I'm hoping he fails of course and goes the way of Sanchez as yet another Jets QB to fail

#18 3putt

3putt

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

Wilkerson is a beast.

#19 It's in My Blood

It's in My Blood

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

View Postkdiggz, on 07 October 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

Geno isn't getting held back like EJ. He's being allowed to run around and chuck it down field and make plays/mistakes. They are giving him enough rope to hang himself in other words but if he can persevere then he's going to do well (unfortunately) but I'm hoping he fails of course and goes the way of Sanchez as yet another Jets QB to fail

Agree. Marrone/Hackett need to stop coddling E.J.and let him dictate.

#20 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,313 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

I was a fan of genos skillset coming out but I think we sway too much week to week. He's a talented young player who may or may not put it together. A game in the first half of his rookie year won't be defining in that. Talented but a long way to go.