Jump to content


Manny Lawson injury(any updates?)


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Special K

Special K

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

He was missed as he is a key component in the Bills run defense.

Marrone said after the game that it was a hamstring, but didn't elaborate on the severity, or the amount of time he might miss.

Here's to hoping his injury is not too serious...I like Lawson, and I believe he is the best run-stuffing LB the Bills have had in many years.

#2 DanInUticaTampa

DanInUticaTampa

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

We will probably get an update at 1 or 130 at the presser

#3 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

ChrisBrownBills
Marrone: Lawson good to go http://wp.me/plmrg-8Vp

#4 MyHorseAteTheKid

MyHorseAteTheKid

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Didn't realize he was injured.  Hope his return is swift

#5 Special K

Special K

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 14 October 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

ChrisBrownBills
Marrone: Lawson good to go http://wp.me/plmrg-8Vp

Good news!

Thanks.

#6 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Great news if it's true. He's been stout at the POA, can rush on occasion, and has been a revelation in pass coverage.

And Bradham is bordering on bad.

GO BILLS!!!

#7 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Great news, one of the most consistent players this roster has.

#8 Aaron

Aaron

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostFixxxer, on 14 October 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Great news, one of the most consistent players this roster has.
Well put, he just always seems to be in the right place. The run hurt us this week and we also kept getting burned on those damn swing passes, Manny might've had something to say about that.

#9 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostSpecial K, on 14 October 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

He was missed as he is a key component in the Bills run defense.

Marrone said after the game that it was a hamstring, but didn't elaborate on the severity, or the amount of time he might miss.

Here's to hoping his injury is not too serious...I like Lawson, and I believe he is the best run-stuffing LB the Bills have had in many years.
I don't know about run-stuffing but he's definitely done a great job on the edge.

#10 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,887 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

I liked to cheer for Bradham, because he was such a hitter.  I was never as high on him as others but cannot believe how he has played.

Ok, back to Lawson.  He was quietly putting up one hell of a season.  Remember in high school?  You'd get the "MVP,"  "Most Improved" and "Coaches Award?  I would give Lawson the coaches award.  (McKelvin most improved, Byrd MVP, obviously).

Lawson is a clear blueprint on how to play 4-3OLB.  His form every time I watch him is nearly perfect.  I wish I could get a copy of a sweep that Cleveland did and show that to every DE in high school on how to play the outside!

#11 Mark Vader

Mark Vader

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostTriple Threat, on 14 October 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I don't know about run-stuffing but he's definitely done a great job on the edge.
Run-stuffing might not be the right phrase to describe Lawson. However he is usually one of the first players to cause disruption in a running play.

He may not get the tackle but his ability to "blow-up" a running play allows other defenders to make the stop.

Lawson has been a great addition, and I am glad to hear that his injury is not severe.

Edited by Mark Vader, 14 October 2013 - 10:45 PM.


#12 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostMark Vader, on 14 October 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Run-stuffing might not be the right phrase to describe Lawson. However he is usually one of the first players to cause disruption in a running play.

He may not get the tackle but his ability to "blow-up" a running play allows other defenders to make the stop.

Lawson has been a great addition, and I am glad to hear that his injury is not severe.
Most definitely.

#13 ganesh

ganesh

    You can do things on a football field that are severely illegal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,795 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 14 October 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

ChrisBrownBills
Marrone: Lawson good to go http://wp.me/plmrg-8Vp
+1.  We definitely missed his ability to stop the run.