Jump to content


New Orleans scouting report on us


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 beerme1

beerme1

    Whadda you lookin at?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

Some pretty fair matter of fact comments and some pretty satisfactory comments in giving us some props. No need to bring up the last time we played though as it is entirely nor relevant but overall a good read. :thumbsup:
http://www.nola.com/..._buffalo_3.html

#2 kdiggz

kdiggz

    Kiko is my daddy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

I started reading it but couldn't finish. Who wrote this? A third grader? Did anyone proof read this?

One example: "One bonus for the Bills could be Marrone's familiarity with with Saints coach Sean Payton. Marrone served at Saints offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Payton from 2006-08."

Edited by kdiggz, 22 October 2013 - 10:38 PM.


#3 beerme1

beerme1

    Whadda you lookin at?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:57 PM

Lol. What about the context if you can get over the texting grammar? I thought the guy gave us some pretty good props saying we are scrappy and in it etc.

#4 DefenseWinzChampionshipz

DefenseWinzChampionshipz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I don't even need to read it. At the end of the day Drew Brees is too focused and mature a QB to take the Bills lightly. I'm sure he's doing his homework.

The gameplan for us will not be how to beat Brees cuz if we do that we're in trouble. It's how to beat the other 10 guys on offense.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz, 23 October 2013 - 12:06 AM.


#5 Rubes

Rubes

    The Doctor of Football...is IN

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

That was an editing nightmare, not to mention the inaccuracies (we came back from a 14-point deficit?)

That other article on the TBD homepage from NO was another gem as well. Bill Marrone?


#6 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

View Postkdiggz, on 22 October 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

I started reading it but couldn't finish. Who wrote this? A third grader? Did anyone proof read this?

One example: "One bonus for the Bills could be Marrone's familiarity with with Saints coach Sean Payton. Marrone served at Saints offensive coordinator and offensive line coach Payton from 2006-08."
No need to insult third graders!

#7 tennesseeboy

tennesseeboy

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,872 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

This game is a real test of how good we are.  We beat New Orleans and people are going to take notice.  Its not a division game, and no one is making us favorites or even predicting a close game.  A win here would be a statement!

#8 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostRubes, on 22 October 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

That was an editing nightmare, not to mention the inaccuracies (we came back from a 14-point deficit?)

That other article on the TBD homepage from NO was another gem as well. Bill Marrone?

even the editors dont read nola.com

that website has been a disaster since the times pic got bought out. the paper itself only a tiny step better.

#9 Rubes

Rubes

    The Doctor of Football...is IN

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Posttennesseeboy, on 23 October 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

This game is a real test of how good we are.  We beat New Orleans and people are going to take notice.  Its not a division game, and no one is making us favorites or even predicting a close game.  A win here would be a statement!

Of course that's true. But the question is: if the Bills get hammered, what does that mean? Will we need to fire some coach or cut some player? Cause that's probably what it will seem like around here.

#10 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostRubes, on 23 October 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Of course that's true. But the question is: if the Bills get hammered, what does that mean? Will we need to fire some coach or cut some player? Cause that's probably what it will seem like around here.
Nah.  Practice squad QB and now it looks like they are going to sit Spiller.  There will be no more calls for blood than there are after any loss.  Probably just Hackett and/or Marrone like usual.

#11 ganesh

ganesh

    You can do things on a football field that are severely illegal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,706 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostDefenseWinzChampionshipz, on 22 October 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

I don't even need to read it. At the end of the day Drew Brees is too focused and mature a QB to take the Bills lightly. I'm sure he's doing his homework.

The gameplan for us will not be how to beat Brees cuz if we do that we're in trouble. It's how to beat the other 10 guys on offense.

We played them very close the last time they came to Orchard Park, before they pulled away in the 4th Quarter.

#12 ACor58

ACor58

    Legend in my own mind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Wow - I had to stop. Was his editor furloughed?

#13 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,344 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostACor58, on 24 October 2013 - 07:34 AM, said:

Wow - I had to stop. Was his editor furloughed?

A year or so ago the paper was bought out - get slashed everything - went from daily to 3 days a week and the staff (and even more heavily senior staff) was cut to match that.

The advocate is probably your better Nola news source today.

Edited by NoSaint, 24 October 2013 - 07:48 AM.