31 replies to this topic

#1 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

They are 4-3 and 2 of those wins (TB and NE) came on last second penalties. They beat a shoddy Atlanta team and, like I said, NE depleted defense and a last second penalty to win. Loss to Pittsburgh and blown out by Tenn.  Our schedule thus far (in my opinion) much tougher having beat Carolina and Ravens. Thanks for letting me vent. Go Bills.

#2 FireChan

FireChan

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostBringBackFergy, on 27 October 2013 - 04:22 PM, said:

They are 4-3 and 2 of those wins (TB and NE) came on last second penalties. They beat a shoddy Atlanta team and, like I said, NE depleted defense and a last second penalty to win. Loss to Pittsburgh and blown out by Tenn.  Our schedule thus far (in my opinion) much tougher having beat Carolina and Ravens. Thanks for letting me vent. Go Bills.

They aren't a Super Bowl or even a playoff team anyway. They'll just get a worse draft pick.

#3 thecoz77

thecoz77

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Honestly, I think the Bills may be better off in the long run. The defense is young, and well coached (Mario and Kyle being the old timers), Spiller, when healthy, is one of the best in the game. Their receivers have a lot of raw talent, which will start to show sooner than later, and EJ hasn't even started to show what he is capable of. I think a solid TE and line upgrades will make the ultimate difference. Oh, and pay Byrd.

#4 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostFireChan, on 27 October 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

They aren't a Super Bowl or even a playoff team anyway. They'll just get a worse draft pick.
Ya know what really bugs me though?? EJ is a better QB but hasn't had the opportunity to shine. Meanwhile, announcers cream their shorts over Geno. Errrrrr

#5 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

What really pisses me off about the Jets is tha they always punch us in the face and beat us with ease.

#6 Graybeard

Graybeard

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostFixxxer, on 27 October 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

What really pisses me off about the Jets is tha they always punch us in the face and beat us with ease.
Ding Ding Ding!  We have a winner. :beer:
I feel the same way about them.

#7 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

...that too (unfortunately)

#8 KD in CT

KD in CT

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,173 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

That, and the people wearing the homer blinders who continue to insist the Bills are a better team.   :rolleyes:

View PostBringBackFergy, on 27 October 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

Ya know what really bugs me though?? EJ is a better QB but hasn't had the opportunity to shine. Meanwhile, announcers cream their shorts over Geno. Errrrrr

So how do you know he's a better QB?   Regardless, you should take this up with the people who haven't let EJ shine, and that's not game annoucers.

#9 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostKD in CT, on 27 October 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

That, and the people wearing the homer blinders who continue to insist the Bills are a better team.   :rolleyes:
*raising hand* Guilty (especially watching the Bengals play pretty well against the Jets.)

Not having an opportunity to shine has more to do with his absence due to injury...the announcers praise Geno and EJ sits on the sideline due to injury...from what I've seen, EJ can produce (as shown in the NE and Panther games).

Then again, maybe Geno is better than EJ...(pick 6) ...who knows.

#10 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'm enjoying the Bengals today

#11 Nervous Guy

Nervous Guy

Old timer

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,804 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

Two pick sixes for Geno....outstanding.

#12 KikO M G

KikO M G

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

The Bills have never been outplayed like the Jets have been in a couple games this year.

#13 Max997

Max997

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,175 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostBringBackFergy, on 27 October 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

And ur basing that on what?

To this point Geno has looked like the better QB

#14 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostMax997, on 27 October 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

And ur basing that on what?

To this point Geno has looked like the better QB
??? than who, Sanchez?

didn't see the last two games?

#15 kdiggz

kdiggz

Kiko is my daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

Lol go JETS! They look amazing today. Bloop

#16 Rockinon

Rockinon

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Bills better have an answer for the pass rush next week.

#17 kdiggz

kdiggz

Kiko is my daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:03 PM

Anyone know the record for pick six's thrown in a year? Geno and Schaub are battling it out

#18 iEat_Phins

iEat_Phins

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostYoloInTheBlo, on 27 October 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

??? than who, Sanchez?

Did you watch the game today? Geno is boom or bust, Manuel is far more consistent and will improve

#19 jumbalaya

jumbalaya

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

In Thad Lewis we found a decent back-up QB that is a positive.  We don't have a starting QB yet. We have a third rate receiving corp and a very good but old RB.  Spiller is starting to earn the Bust Tag.  If EJ keeps breaking down like a piece of glass, he will earn the bust tag as well.  But there is always the off season.

Defense, especially the D line, played great, just nothing on offense to keep the Saints offense on the bench.

What Off Coordinator would ever have its QB run on the first play of the game when Tuel is your only back up?  Hackett knows nothing of strategy, nor how to use a clock or nor how to protect his players.

#20 Graybeard

Graybeard

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Postjumbalaya, on 27 October 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

In Thad Lewis we found a decent back-up QB that is a positive.  We don't have a starting QB yet. We have a third rate receiving corp and a very good but old RB.  Spiller is starting to earn the Bust Tag.  If EJ keeps breaking down like a piece of glass, he will earn the bust tag as well.  But there is always the off season.

Defense, especially the D line, played great, just nothing on offense to keep the Saints offense on the bench.

What Off Coordinator would ever have its QB run on the first play of the game when Tuel is your only back up?  Hackett knows nothing of strategy, nor how to use a clock or nor how to protect his players.
You're gonna be in trouble now!  Last week on this forum we were all lectured that we are not allowed to criticize Hackett.  He is doing a great job, and the rest of us don't know anything about play calling in the NFL.  :flirt: