Jump to content


Predicted weather for Bills-Chiefs Sunday Mostly Cloudy 42?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 COACH85

COACH85

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Haven't been to a Bills home game since a few years back when they knocked off the Texans in a Home Opener.  Is 42 degrees considered pretty normal weather for first week of November up there?  I have only been to 4 Bills home games and they were all in September.  I wonder if we should keep our 40 yard line tickets less then 10 rows from field or should I try and exchange with someone who has Club Seats and pay them the difference?  42 degrees doesn't seem too bad.  Can't wait for this game.  Really think the Bills are gonna knock off the Chiefs and Bills fans will definitely contribute towards making things tough for the Chiefs offense!

#2 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

View PostCOACH85, on 29 October 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Haven't been to a Bills home game since a few years back when they knocked off the Texans in a Home Opener.  Is 42 degrees considered pretty normal weather for first week of November up there?  I have only been to 4 Bills home games and they were all in September.  I wonder if we should keep our 40 yard line tickets less then 10 rows from field or should I try and exchange with someone who has Club Seats and pay them the difference?  42 degrees doesn't seem too bad.  Can't wait for this game.  Really think the Bills are gonna knock off the Chiefs and Bills fans will definitely contribute towards making things tough for the Chiefs offense!

Coach, first off, they are lucky to get Buffalo weather correct one day in advance let alone 5. Second, always bring rain gear with you, and I mean always, when you are traveling like you are....or be prepared to buy in Buffalo if you do not have any.

it will be cold for your little one. Wind and cloud cover will be critical factors.if you can spend the extra and get clubs, be a good idea....If you not bringing the little one...42 is not cold at all and I would keep current seats

#3 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

Sounds like good Chief Whippin' weather.

go BILLS !!

#4 LancasterSteve

LancasterSteve

    Ribmaster Supreme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostCOACH85, on 29 October 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Haven't been to a Bills home game since a few years back when they knocked off the Texans in a Home Opener.  Is 42 degrees considered pretty normal weather for first week of November up there?  I have only been to 4 Bills home games and they were all in September.  I wonder if we should keep our 40 yard line tickets less then 10 rows from field or should I try and exchange with someone who has Club Seats and pay them the difference?  42 degrees doesn't seem too bad.  Can't wait for this game.  Really think the Bills are gonna knock off the Chiefs and Bills fans will definitely contribute towards making things tough for the Chiefs offense!
Here is the 7-day forecast by Ch 4 here in Buffalo: http://www.wivb.com/weather/forecast  Don Paul is usually on the money with his forecasts. 42 is right around normal for this time of year. Above agerage temps have been happening the last 2 months. The other stations are all saying basically the same thing, no rain and chilly.This time of year there is a good chance of a good breeze off the lake. A breeze of 15mph will bring the real feel of the temperature down to freezing (32F) We dress warm in layers and wear a hat because even in October that sun can get hot on the noggin. Most people around us in past years also packed gloves. Wife wore hers with temps like this, me not so much, kids (3-12) always yes. Definitely not a place for babies or even 1 or 2 year olds in windy freezing temps for 4 hours I have been at games in RWS since they opened the place where the actual feel temps (chill factor) have dropped more than 25 degrees by the end of the game. One late fall game against Miami the temps were cool. It started snowing in the 3rd quarter and out of no-where became a full blown blizzard by games end. Winter doesn't officially start unti December 21. We get our worst snows when the lake is frozen, so all these above agerage temp will help delay freezing of  lake Erie. There have been years when if didn't freeze over completely.. Then we get ice storms, Ice and trees don't mix and combined with the shake, rattle and roll of the wind can quickly cause widespread poweroutages.....for weeks

#5 kdiggz

kdiggz

    Mayor of Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

let's put it this way... if we are winning that 40 degrees and overcast will feel like 80 degrees and sunny!

#6 CSBill

CSBill

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

View Postkdiggz, on 30 October 2013 - 03:45 AM, said:

let's put it this way... if we are winning that 40 degrees and overcast will feel like 80 degrees and sunny!

:thumbsup:

#7 Movinon

Movinon

    Land of the free, home of the Whopper

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostLancasterSteve, on 30 October 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

Here is the 7-day forecast by Ch 4 here in Buffalo: http://www.wivb.com/weather/forecast  Don Paul is usually on the money with his forecasts. 42 is right around normal for this time of year. Above agerage temps have been happening the last 2 months. The other stations are all saying basically the same thing, no rain and chilly.This time of year there is a good chance of a good breeze off the lake. A breeze of 15mph will bring the real feel of the temperature down to freezing (32F) We dress warm in layers and wear a hat because even in October that sun can get hot on the noggin. Most people around us in past years also packed gloves. Wife wore hers with temps like this, me not so much, kids (3-12) always yes. Definitely not a place for babies or even 1 or 2 year olds in windy freezing temps for 4 hours I have been at games in RWS since they opened the place where the actual feel temps (chill factor) have dropped more than 25 degrees by the end of the game. One late fall game against Miami the temps were cool. It started snowing in the 3rd quarter and out of no-where became a full blown blizzard by games end. Winter doesn't officially start unti December 21. We get our worst snows when the lake is frozen, so all these above agerage temp will help delay freezing of  lake Erie. There have been years when if didn't freeze over completely.. Then we get ice storms, Ice and trees don't mix and combined with the shake, rattle and roll of the wind can quickly cause widespread poweroutages.....for weeks
Correct me if I'm wrong but the worst snowstorms in Buffalo are caused from an unfrozen Lake Erie which generates Lake effect snows.


#8 8and8Forever

8and8Forever

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostCOACH85, on 29 October 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Haven't been to a Bills home game since a few years back when they knocked off the Texans in a Home Opener.  Is 42 degrees considered pretty normal weather for first week of November up there?  I have only been to 4 Bills home games and they were all in September.  I wonder if we should keep our 40 yard line tickets less then 10 rows from field or should I try and exchange with someone who has Club Seats and pay them the difference?  42 degrees doesn't seem too bad.  Can't wait for this game.  Really think the Bills are gonna knock off the Chiefs and Bills fans will definitely contribute towards making things tough for the Chiefs offense!
part of the experience, colors in the trees, cold overcast.. good football weather

#9 COACH85

COACH85

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

View Postplenzmd1, on 30 October 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Coach, first off, they are lucky to get Buffalo weather correct one day in advance let alone 5. Second, always bring rain gear with you, and I mean always, when you are traveling like you are....or be prepared to buy in Buffalo if you do not have any.

it will be cold for your little one. Wind and cloud cover will be critical factors.if you can spend the extra and get clubs, be a good idea....If you not bringing the little one...42 is not cold at all and I would keep current seats
Thanks plenzmd1, I appreciate the feedback.  I didn't even consider rain gear since it wasn't in the forecast but I better get some just in case.  Wind I expect though at The Ralph!  :)

#10 Jim in Anchorage

Jim in Anchorage

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostMovinon, on 30 October 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the worst snowstorms in Buffalo are caused from an unfrozen Lake Erie which generates Lake effect snows.

Worst snow storm I or  probably anyone alive remembers in Buffalo was caused by a early freeze up that allowed many feet of soft fluffy snow to built up on the ice. Then the storm blew it into Buffalo all at once

#11 Movinon

Movinon

    Land of the free, home of the Whopper

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

View PostJim in Anchorage, on 30 October 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

Worst snow storm I or  probably anyone alive remembers in Buffalo was caused by a early freeze up that allowed many feet of soft fluffy snow to built up on the ice. Then the storm blew it into Buffalo all at once
77 I get it. Year to year though, most of Buffalo's big snows come from an unfrozen Lake Erie. 2001, 81.5 inches in a four day late Dec stretch. The October storm of 2006...just sayn.

#12 Just Jack

Just Jack

    Lifting things up and putting them down

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,922 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

And we turn the clocks back this weekend, so the sun will be setting (or already down) by time the game ends, dropping temps even more.

#13 matter2003

matter2003

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Sounds about normal for our least sunny month of the year, and the start of the next few months where we can literally go weeks without seeing the sun...everyone get your vitamin D out

View PostMovinon, on 30 October 2013 - 06:47 AM, said:


77 I get it. Year to year though, most of Buffalo's big snows come from an unfrozen Lake Erie. 2001, 81.5 inches in a four day late Dec stretch. The October storm of 2006...just sayn.

That much is true, although recent winters have been pretty blah in terms of snow...

South towns and southern tier get the bulk of the lake snow, and the snow that comes off Lake Ontario between Syracuse and Watertown is nothing short of legendary

Edited by matter2003, 31 October 2013 - 10:46 AM.


#14 Just Jack

Just Jack

    Lifting things up and putting them down

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,922 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

View Postmatter2003, on 31 October 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

... and the snow that comes off Lake Ontario between Syracuse and Watertown is nothing short of legendary

From 1939...





#15 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

    Making It Flow Backwards

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,317 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostJust Jack, on 31 October 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:



From 1939...



So cool!  My favorite book as a child was Katy & The Big Snow, Virgina Lee Burton (1943).  You gotta love the old "butterfly" plows... Imagine hitting a vehicle with that... It would split it in two!

#16 Just Jack

Just Jack

    Lifting things up and putting them down

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,922 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostExiledInIllinois, on 31 October 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

So cool!  My favorite book as a child was Katy & The Big Snow, Virgina Lee Burton (1943).  You gotta love the old "butterfly" plows... Imagine hitting a vehicle with that... It would split it in two!

You would think so, but it won't. Mythbusters tried, at normal speeds the engine block is what kept a car from splitting in two. The only way they could do it was to use a rocket sled going 500mph...



#17 5 Wide

5 Wide

    Saint Doug

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostJust Jack, on 31 October 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

You would think so, but it won't. Mythbusters tried, at normal speeds the engine block is what kept a car from splitting in two. The only way they could do it was to use a rocket sled going 500mph...


So you're saying there's a chance.

#18 BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

    Jim K is tough but so is being a Bills fan

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,587 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

View Post5 Wide, on 31 October 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:


So you're saying there's a chance.

How many plows are going 500 MPH?

#19 LancasterSteve

LancasterSteve

    Ribmaster Supreme

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostMovinon, on 30 October 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the worst snowstorms in Buffalo are caused from an unfrozen Lake Erie which generates Lake effect snows.

That is true. Lake effect is more severe if there is a fair amount of open water. These can cause the usual snowfalls from a trace to 30+ inches. The worst blizzards however have come by having the accumulated snow on a frozen Lake Erie, blow off the lake to be deposited on land. This is exactly what happened with the blizzard of '77. I believe the actual snowfall was in the 3-4 inch range while the frozen Lake Erie was covered by 12+ inchs that the winds picked up and deposited on the City of Buffalo and the rest of Western New York. We were warned but no one realized what was to come. Any rest for me for the next 10 days was a rarity.  Here is WBEN TV that forever defined WNY:

#20 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,840 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

Clubs easily the better bet with the baby. Should be a nice day though