Jump to content


What QB starts next week?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 bowery4

bowery4

    "‘Chance favors the prepared mind‘’

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

What QB starts next week? If I stated a poll, I would feel compelled to vote and I frankly can't makeup my mind but lean toward Thad if well enough.

#2 DGW54321

DGW54321

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:55 AM

Thad if healthy, otherwise Tuel.

#3 8and8Forever

8and8Forever

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

Thad I am sure.   No EJ until after the bye.  This season is over.  They would have to go 7-0 to have a shot.   With the EJ/TL/Tuel show they might go 4-3 or more likely 3-4 , so 7-9 for theseason. Bills must hold the NFL recond for most 7 and 9 seasons ]

#4 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

who do we want.  Or who is it going to be?   Which us the question?

Can we make it a poll?

I want to see another game with Tuel. But it will be Lewis

#5 Roc Bronson

Roc Bronson

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:08 AM

I rather see what Matt Flynn has offer at this point. To be honest, I feel better with Tuel or Lewis under center than Manuel.  he's very timid,  and seems very scared to throw one deep,  and he's very careless in the pocket with the football, Lewis has the tendency of being careless as well, but is not afraid to let it fly  from time to time.  I'm hoping I'm dead wrong but if the injury prone Manuel is no question the future,  than I see many more years of what if.   As I said I'm hoping I'm wrong.

#6 PearlHowardman

PearlHowardman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

This week the Buffalo Bills will be game planning against Pittsburgh Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger.  

The Bills have nine weeks of film of Roethlisberger to review.

Who are the Pittsburgh Steelers going to game plan against in the Buffalo Bills?  The Steelers don't even know which QB they are going to face Sunday.  And if the Bills announce who will be the QB against the Steelers will there be a change by the end of the week?

Because the Bills are so completely screwed at the QB position it's the only reason why we appear to be in games.  

Opposing defensive coordinators have nothing to game plan against.

But in the end, the Bills invariably LOSE the game!

Edited by PearlHowardman, 04 November 2013 - 08:17 AM.


#7 KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostRoc Bronson, on 04 November 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

I rather see what Matt Flynn has offer at this point. To be honest, I feel better with Tuel or Lewis under center than Manuel.  he's very timid,  and seems very scared to throw one deep,  and he's very careless in the pocket with the football, Lewis has the tendency of being careless as well, but is not afraid to let it fly  from time to time.  I'm hoping I'm dead wrong but if the injury prone Manuel is no question the future,  than I see many more years of what if.   As I said I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I hope this is a joke.

#8 wnysteel

wnysteel

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

i'm thinking EJ will be back against pitt.  he did start practicing last week.

#9 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

View Postjboyst62, on 04 November 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

who do we want.  Or who is it going to be?   Which us the question?

Can we make it a poll?

I want to see another game with Tuel. But it will be Lewis

Agree. Would like to see more of Tuel, but Thad will be back.

#10 bisonbrigade

bisonbrigade

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:41 AM

The playoffs are a pipe dream, put to death at the goal line twice, Cincinnati and yesterday against the Chiefs. The only thing that will bring any meaning to this injury plagued, mistake filled joke of a season is to get EJ some playing time for next years season. He practiced last week, was on the sidelines, now play him. No more Tuel or Lewis.

#11 MDH

MDH

    My mind is going...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'm guessing it'll be Thad but I'd rather see Tuel. Tuel had a sense for the rush and got the ball out of his hands quickly. Sensing the rush is something that really can't be taught. Sure he was erratic on some of his throws but so is Lewis and Thad is a nightmare in the pocket and tries to do too much and it ends up costing the Bills in both turnovers and negative plays. One of the reasons the offense was more successful yesterday was that they were able to get out of 3rd and long situations by avoiding sacks and holding penalties (which are caused, many times, by the QB holding the ball too long.)

Don't let Tuel throw 39 times and you'll see a more effective offense that doesn't turn the ball over too often.

Edited by MDH, 04 November 2013 - 08:45 AM.


#12 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

View PostMDH, on 04 November 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

I'm guessing it'll be Thad but I'd rather see Tuel. Tuel had a sense for the rush and got the ball out of his hands quickly. Sensing the rush is something that really can't be taught. Sure he was erratic on some of his throws but so is Lewis and Thad is a nightmare in the pocket and tries to do too much and it ends up costing the Bills in both turnovers and negative plays. One of the reasons the offense was more successful yesterday was that they were able to get out of 3rd and long situations by avoiding sacks and holding penalties (which are caused, many times, by the QB holding the ball too long.)

Don't let Tuel throw 39 times and you'll see a more effective offense that doesn't turn the ball over too often.

Agree completely. Whatever his faults, tuel seemed to handle pressure and go through his reads better than Thad. I think we were at about 33 percent on 3rd down conversions yesterday and would have been at around 50 but for drops.

#13 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

If you combined Thad and Tuel. ...odd we use the first name of one and last of the other ... we would have a good QB.

Thinking on it some more I believe Thad's pocket presense is more correct able thru playing time and coaching. This is hard to coach but more effective over time then what is necessary to coach Tuel. Tuel is the better QB but That plays a much better game. He is clearly better at taking in the entire down field and reading what he sees but is incapable of adequate placement and reads to make the better choices. And while Thad Lewis is the better option we need to see more of Tuel to gauge his development over time because I believe he will be on this roster at least 2 more seasons.

We also have Flynn in the fold and his presense should not be forgotten. He provides veteran play to a team already secure with leadership. A QB who is likely a little in the dumps mentally but has some assets which make him useful to this team.

At this point I do not anticipate us seeing Flynn unless EJ returns ans gets injured again.  Eaj is going to return and have a few more growing pains. I hope he gets two weeks of practice before starting.  Especially if we lose the Steeper game

#14 joesixpack

joesixpack

    No longer a hermit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,037 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

I think the time has come for Manuel to get back in there and take his lumps. He's doing the team ZERO good on the sideline.

#15 eball

eball

    Omar Sly

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,068 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Why are folks thinking it's out of the question for EJ to be back next week?  As of today he is 5 1/2 weeks post injury -- an injury with a 4-6 week timeline for return.  He has been rehabbing and began throwing last week.  Even Dierdorf mentioned during the broadcast yesterday he wouldn't be surprised to see EJ in the lineup at Pittsburgh.  No, he doesn't have "inside information" but he was talking with players and coaches as a part of his preparation to do the game.

#16 PearlHowardman

PearlHowardman

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

View Posteball, on 04 November 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Why are folks thinking it's out of the question for EJ to be back next week?  As of today he is 5 1/2 weeks post injury -- an injury with a 4-6 week timeline for return.

Perhaps his injury is worse than reported to us.

#17 MDH

MDH

    My mind is going...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,311 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Postjoesixpack, on 04 November 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

I think the time has come for Manuel to get back in there and take his lumps. He's doing the team ZERO good on the sideline.

I'm still trying to figure out why Peyton Manning didn't play the entire 2011 season. He did the team zero good on the sideline.

#18 chris heff

chris heff

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

View Posteball, on 04 November 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

Why are folks thinking it's out of the question for EJ to be back next week?  As of today he is 5 1/2 weeks post injury -- an injury with a 4-6 week timeline for return.  He has been rehabbing and began throwing last week.  Even Dierdorf mentioned during the broadcast yesterday he wouldn't be surprised to see EJ in the lineup at Pittsburgh.  No, he doesn't have "inside information" but he was talking with players and coaches as a part of his preparation to do the game.
I heard Dierdorf say the same thing. You're right he was probably talking to players and coaches.

#19 joesixpack

joesixpack

    No longer a hermit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,037 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostMDH, on 04 November 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Peyton Manning didn't play the entire 2011 season. He did the team zero good on the sideline.

Actually he did his team 100% good on the sideline. Allowed them to get Luck.

So much for that, we've already won too many games to get manziel.

#20 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,279 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

I hope it is Manuel only because it would be nice to ease him back into it against a bad Steeler defense.
Whichever Bills QB plays next week should do well.