Jump to content


Chad Rinehart


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 vegas55

vegas55

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Among the numerous things that frustrate a Bills fan is some of the penny pinching, mind boggling player moves this team makes. I understand not re signing Levitre, but knowing losing him creates a huge hole, how in the world do you let Chad Rinehart go to San Diego for the minimal money it would have cost to retain him. And our play was so horrible at that position that they released "starter" Colin Brown in mid season. How many early season close games did his terrible play at guard cost us. It would have cost the Bills slightly more than one million dollars to retain Rinehart over Colin Brown. Rinehart was a starter last year, Brown a scrub who was never close to beating out Rinehart. This for a team 20 million dollars under the cap. Penny wise, pound foolish - again.

Never understood the release of David Nelson either. Aside from Stevie, which receiver on this roster is going to match the 61 receptions Nelson had in his last full season with the Bills?

#2 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,100 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

View Postvegas55, on 12 November 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

Among the numerous things that frustrate a Bills fan is some of the penny pinching, mind boggling player moves this team makes. I understand not re signing Levitre, but knowing losing him creates a huge hole, how in the world do you let Chad Rinehart go to San Diego for the minimal money it would have cost to retain him. And our play was so horrible at that position that they released "starter" Colin Brown in mid season. How many early season close games did his terrible play at guard cost us. It would have cost the Bills slightly more than one million dollars to retain Rinehart over Colin Brown. Rinehart was a starter last year, Brown a scrub who was never close to beating out Rinehart. This for a team 20 million dollars under the cap. Penny wise, pound foolish - again.

Never understood the release of David Nelson either. Aside from Stevie, which receiver on this roster is going to match the 61 receptions Nelson had in his last full season with the Bills?

He "chose" to follow Joe D'Alessandris to San Diego. The difference between 3-7 and 7-3 is NOT Chad Rhinehart.

GO BILLS!!!

#3 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

If they were going to let Levitre walk they should have kept him.

#4 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,100 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostKirby Jackson, on 12 November 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

If they were going to let Levitre walk they should have kept him.

Rhinehart didn't WANT to stay in Buffalo. Period.

GO BILLS!!!

#5 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostK-9, on 12 November 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:



Rhinehart didn't WANT to stay in Buffalo. Period.

GO BILLS!!!

I bet he would have for more $. It wouldn't have been that expensive to keep him. At the very least they should have had a plan for the LG position.

#6 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Are we talking about Chas Rheingold?

#7 Dibs

Dibs

    Myth Buster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,516 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Please.  Just get over it.
They whiffed on their assessment of Brown.  It happens.
From all reports he showed good ability in practice that didn't translate to game-day.

They also brought in Legursky who considering he has been hardly mentioned since taking over the starting job, he must be doing a passable job.

From last off-season this team has found serviceable-good starters(from multiple sources) at SS, CB2, CB3, OLB, ILB, DE, WR2 & WR3.
Oops....LG didn't pan out as expected.  Fire the lot of em.

#8 Doc

Doc

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,985 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostK-9, on 12 November 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

He "chose" to follow Joe D'Alessandris to San Diego. The difference between 3-7 and 7-3 is NOT Chad Rhinehart.
Never mind that the Chargers are 4-5.  As are the Titans.

#9 Dibs

Dibs

    Myth Buster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,516 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

View PostDoc, on 12 November 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

Never mind that the Chargers are 4-5.  As are the Titans.
Or that Rinehart has only played 4 games.

#10 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,100 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Chad phucking Rinehart. Really? Chad phucking Rinehart? After 9 months? Really?

WTF happened to our fan base?

GO BILLS!!!

#11 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

Why start this thread now? LG has been solved with Legursky.

#12 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

View PostK-9, on 12 November 2013 - 09:20 PM, said:

Chad phucking Rinehart. Really? Chad phucking Rinehart? After 9 months? Really?

WTF happened to our fan base?

GO BILLS!!!

You've got to admit he is much better than Colin Brown. He was an average OL but when compared to the jokers that have played LG he is certainly an upgrade. It didn't have to be CR but there had to be someone better than what the Bills have trotted out.

#13 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

He wanted to play for his O line coach. Rhinehsrt wasn't the difference this year.

#14 vegas55

vegas55

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostJR in Pittsburgh, on 12 November 2013 - 09:23 PM, said:

Why start this thread now? LG has been solved with Legursky.

You can't possibly believe that Legursky is the solution to the huge hole at left guard.  The Bills really don't, and he grades out only slightly better than Colin Brown, who, I might add, beat out Legursky for the starting position. If Colin Brown beats you out in training camp, you are not the solution to anything.

Rinehart could have been retained if the money was right, and he is a huge upgrade over Colin Legursky, who might as well be the same guy.

#15 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,178 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 12 November 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Are we talking about Chas Rheingold?
:)

#16 justnzane

justnzane

    MJ the "man" of many faces

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,948 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

View Postvegas55, on 12 November 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

You can't possibly believe that Legursky is the solution to the huge hole at left guard.  The Bills really don't, and he grades out only slightly better than Colin Brown, who, I might add, beat out Legursky for the starting position. If Colin Brown beats you out in training camp, you are not the solution to anything.

Rinehart could have been retained if the money was right, and he is a huge upgrade over Colin Legursky, who might as well be the same guy.
I agree with the sentiment. Legursky didn't lose to Brown out of camp, Legursky was hurt. As soon as he got healthy, Brown went to the streets. Rinehart should have been retained, imo, as he was a step above Brown to begin with and good depth on the line.  

Frankly, I would have rather kept Levitre and this problem would be solved. The FO needs to look into having a starter ready at LG and somebody to eventually take over at RT as Pears is on the wrong side of 30.

#17 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 12 November 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

Are we talking about Chas Rheingold?

Chas Rheingold is the best guard I've seen since Joe Montana!

#18 Dibs

Dibs

    Myth Buster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,516 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostFluffHead, on 12 November 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Chas Rheingold is the best guard I've seen since Joe Montana!

Hahaha.....you guys are funny. :thumbsup:

#19 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostDibs, on 12 November 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hahaha.....you guys are funny. :thumbsup:

The thing about the Chad Rinehart joke is that for all the time he was a Bill, very few people here could ever spell his name right.

That in spite of the fact that of the several possible spelllings of his last name (Rheinhardt for instance) Rinehart has the simplest spelling possible for that surname.

Though it couldn't be any simpler people would always misspell his name.

And now that he's gone of course, everyone can spell his name.

:)

#20 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,502 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

View Postvegas55, on 12 November 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:



You can't possibly believe that Legursky is the solution to the huge hole at left guard.  The Bills really don't, and he grades out only slightly better than Colin Brown, who, I might add, beat out Legursky for the starting position. If Colin Brown beats you out in training camp, you are not the solution to anything.

Rinehart could have been retained if the money was right, and he is a huge upgrade over Colin Legursky, who might as well be the same guy.

We went from the worst LG in the league to a serviceable guy who doesn't get beat every play and does a decent job in the run game. The time to be longing for Reinhardt has passed.  And by the way, there's probably no significant difference between Legursky and Reinhardt.

I agree with you that it was silly not to re-sign him, but my point is that the time to gripe about it was like 5 weeks ago when we were in an emergency state at that position.