Jump to content


Robert Woods and Stevie Both Out on Sunday vs the Jets


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

@buffalobills
Doug Marrone: #Bills WR Robert Woods is OUT and will not play Sunday.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 15 November 2013 - 12:18 PM.


#2 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 13 November 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

@buffalobills
Doug Marrone: #Bills WR Robert Woods is OUT and will not play Sunday.
:cry:

#3 eball

eball

    Omar Sly

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Pretty much what we expected, and gives Woods the best chance to come back after the bye.  Time for "7-11" Hogan and Easley to step up.

#4 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,874 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Posteball, on 13 November 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Pretty much what we expected, and gives Woods the best chance to come back after the bye.  Time for "7-11" Hogan and Easley to step up.

It's really going be a challenge if Stevie is out too.

#5 swnybillsfan

swnybillsfan

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Posteball, on 13 November 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Pretty much what we expected, and gives Woods the best chance to come back after the bye.  Time for "7-11" Hogan and Easley to step up.
someone definitely needs to take advantage of the opportunity they will get on sunday. be it hogan, easley, gragg...someone needs to step up and show they belong.

#6 eball

eball

    Omar Sly

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,667 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 13 November 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

It's really going be a challenge if Stevie is out too.

Indeed.  Perhaps some 2-TE w/ Chandler and Gragg, and maybe putting CJ in the slot?  If nothing else that would give the Jets some looks they haven't seen on tape.

#7 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I know it is the right decision. Just sucks. He's EJ's guy. Next man up!

#8 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Opportunity for somebody to stake a claim and make a name for himself.

Opportunity for Hackett to get CJ, Freddy, and Gragg more involved.

Opportunity for the entire offense to rally.

Adversity only goes one of two ways.

GO BILLS!!!

#9 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postswnybillsfan, on 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

someone definitely needs to take advantage of the opportunity they will get on sunday. be it hogan, easley, gragg...someone needs to step up and show they belong.
I agree - honestly, tons of teams have WR injuries and are plugging in backups and PS guys and still managing to win games. Just catch the dam ball.

#10 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,622 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

View Posteball, on 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Indeed.  Perhaps some 2-TE w/ Chandler and Gragg, and maybe putting CJ in the slot?  If nothing else that would give the Jets some looks they haven't seen on tape.

We need CJ and Fred on the field together all game. Can then motion one out as a WR.

#11 Mark Vader

Mark Vader

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

:censored:

Any word on Stevie playing?

If not, we are very thin at WR this week.

#12 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostMark Vader, on 13 November 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

:censored:

Any word on Stevie playing?

If not, we are very thin at WR this week.
He didn't practice today and indicated that this injury is worse than others he has played through. At this point, he is day to day.

#13 ganesh

ganesh

    You can do things on a football field that are severely illegal

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,869 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postswnybillsfan, on 13 November 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

someone definitely needs to take advantage of the opportunity they will get on sunday. be it hogan, easley, gragg...someone needs to step up and show they belong.
Agreed....Marrone has been preaching from the day he was hired that everyone of his player is taught to mentally prepare as if he was a starter.  It is time to show that on the field.

#14 bisonbrigade

bisonbrigade

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

This has the makings of a shut out unless the Bills bring back an Interception. This is going to be ugly.

#15 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

I agree to almost every one whom has posted up so far. almost.

This game presents great player and coaching opportunity for the Offense if Johnson and Woods sit.
Its time for the kids to get NFL reps at WR.
Hell rotate Graham to #4 !
Its time to get EJ on his train , steaming and rollin' .
Go Bills offense

View Postbisonbrigade, on 13 November 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

This has the makings of a shut out unless the Bills bring back an Interception. This is going to be ugly.
LOL ! yea right

#16 Dibs

Dibs

    Myth Buster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:07 PM

This season has been just so frustrating!  Not so much that there have been injuries, more that the injuries all seem to occur in the same group at the one time.
First we had multiple DBs out.....then RBs.....then QBs.....now WRs.
Very frustrating :(

#17 Big C

Big C

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hogan made that awesome grab last week, but he did hit his head hard at the end of the play. I guess it ended up being nothing serious. Hope he and Easley can step in and perform.

#18 Wayne Fontes

Wayne Fontes

    Practice Squad

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

All this talk about wide receivers is moot until a qb who can routinely make the full array of the most basic NFL throws is acquired.

Here's the passing stat line for each of the next 6 games: 17 of 36 for 221. 1 TD 1 Int.

#19 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,910 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostDibs, on 13 November 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

This season has been just so frustrating!  Not so much that there have been injuries, more that the injuries all seem to occur in the same group at the one time.
First we had multiple DBs out.....then RBs.....then QBs.....now WRs.
Very frustrating :(

Agreed - our 53 has been really healthy but instead of 1 LB, 1 WR, 1 lineman we end up with the top 3 at a single position all being hurt

#20 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,622 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

View PostWayne Fontes, on 13 November 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

All this talk about wide receivers is moot until a qb who can routinely make the full array of the most basic NFL throws is acquired.

Here's the passing stat line for each of the next 6 games: 17 of 36 for 221. 1 TD 1 Int.

He is not going to crack 200 yards.