Jump to content


I Apologize EJ Manuel


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Bryce Paup

Bryce Paup

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

I apologize from the bottom of my heart because you are a rookie and you're still learning how to play QB in the NFL. I have to realize that this is a rebuilding year and I'll have to have patience and deal with any growing pains. Btw Geno Smith put up Jeff Tuel Like numbers up yesterday lol

#2 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,340 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

View PostBryce Paup, on 18 November 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

I apologize from the bottom of my heart because you are a rookie and you're still learning how to play QB in the NFL. I have to realize that this is a rebuilding year and I'll have to have patience and deal with any growing pains. Btw Geno Smith put up Jeff Tuel Like numbers up yesterday lol

That's an insult to Tuel. Seriously.

#3 Jauronimo

Jauronimo

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,578 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostJR in Pittsburgh, on 18 November 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

That's an insult to Tuel. Seriously.
Tuel was much more impressive in his only start.  Even his interceptions were were more spectacular.  Geno throws very average, run of the mill pick 6s.

#4 Bryce Paup

Bryce Paup

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

View PostJR in Pittsburgh, on 18 November 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:



That's an insult to Tuel. Seriously.


The reason why I said that about Geno putting up Tuel numbers is when Tuel put up those numbers we wrote him off .. EJ had the bad game and people including me wrote him off.. I just apologized for doing just that.. Geno's performance is only gonna add the same comments we all had about Tuel that's all just with Jets fans now

View PostJauronimo, on 18 November 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:


Tuel was much more impressive in his only start.  Even his interceptions were were more spectacular.  Geno throws very average, run of the mill pick 6s.

Tuel's numbers were similar in regards to the Browns game

#5 JR in Pittsburgh

JR in Pittsburgh

    No Mercy

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,340 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostBryce Paup, on 18 November 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

The reason why I said that about Geno putting up Tuel numbers is when Tuel put up those numbers we wrote him off .. EJ had the bad game and people including me wrote him off.. I just apologized for doing just that.. Geno's performance is only gonna add the same comments we all had about Tuel that's all just with Jets fans now

I am not sure I completely follow.

What I do know is that Geno made Tuel look like a hall of famer.

Geno Smith was 8/23 for 103 yards; 0 TD's; 3 INT's; 1 fumble; 3 sacks

Tuel was 18/39 for 229 yards; 1 TD; 2 INT's; 0 fumbles; 0 sacks.

#6 OCinBuffalo

OCinBuffalo

    This...for the first 6 games he plays

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hey give this guy some credit. At least he has the stones to be accountable. Now, had he paid attention to my avatar, most of this could have been avoided. Well, we live and we learn. :lol:

However, in the end, he's doing the right thing.


Now, what about the other 30+ posters here who've been saying the same, or worse? Well, you have a whole thread now, just for this purpose, don't you?

:lol:

#7 dezertbill

dezertbill

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Newsflash....

EJ may have another bad game or two this season. If that happens, do not run to the Peace Bridge!

He's no different a QB that game than he was Sunday vs the Jets.   Same player. He's prone to mistakes.  Hell learn and grow.

That's what rookies do.

I was really  uplifted by his effort yesterday after a very rusty start vs Steelers.  Hopefully a clean bill of health the rest of the season will lesson his learning curve.

Edited by dezertbill, 18 November 2013 - 05:24 PM.


#8 alias

alias

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

When EJ sh*ts the bed (like he did in Pittsburgh) and you say so, why should you apologize when he has a good game and you say so?

#9 Bryce Paup

Bryce Paup

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostOCinBuffalo, on 18 November 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Hey give this guy some credit. At least he has the stones to be accountable. Now, had he paid attention to my avatar, most of this could have been avoided. Well, we live and we learn. :lol:

However, in the end, he's doing the right thing.


Now, what about the other 30+ posters here who've been saying the same, or worse? Well, you have a whole thread now, just for this purpose, don't you?

:lol:



Thanks buddy lol

View Postalias, on 18 November 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

When EJ sh*ts the bed (like he did in Pittsburgh) and you say so, why should you apologize when he has a good game and you say so?


Because the next time he goes poppie I won't be the one who harshly comes down on him

#10 Flutie Flakes

Flutie Flakes

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

EJ had a terrible game in Pittsburgh, but his receivers didn't do him any favors either.  There were several throws that he made that should have been caught.  Plenty of blame to go around in that game.

#11 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,878 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostOCinBuffalo, on 18 November 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Hey give this guy some credit. At least he has the stones to be accountable. Now, had he paid attention to my avatar, most of this could have been avoided. Well, we live and we learn. :lol:

However, in the end, he's doing the right thing.


Now, what about the other 30+ posters here who've been saying the same, or worse? Well, you have a whole thread now, just for this purpose, don't you?

:lol:

Of course many of them will be silent until the next EJ bump in the road.

#12 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

The whole team deserves this . Coaches included . it a new team , finding their footwork.
But well said Mr Paup

#13 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:03 PM

I wasn't down on EJ in the Pittsburgh game for a few reasons. 1. He's in his rookie season. 2. He's missed 4 games in a row and it was his first game back (and it was road game). 3. He missed half of training camp because of his injury. 4. Him & Hackett (two rookies) went up against one of the best DC's in the league (LeBeau) who is 18-2 against rookie QB's.

#14 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,481 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

I just dont get the extremes fans go through......

Rookie QB's are gonna have bad games....and they are gonna have good games......

You have to wait till the end of the season before you evaluate him

#15 Kaenon

Kaenon

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Thank you.
He has played 6 full NFL games. That is it!

Edited by Kaenon, 18 November 2013 - 06:05 PM.


#16 Kemp2Warlick

Kemp2Warlick

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:15 PM

I was never impressed with EJ's play until this last game. I'm hoping he impresses me every game from now on. The last game was an amazing turn around for the young man.

#17 alias

alias

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostBryce Paup, on 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:


Because the next time he goes poppie I won't be the one who harshly comes down on him

What's wrong with calling them week by week as you see them?  The onus is on EJ to perform, not on fans to apologize.  It is a slippery slope to apologize this week for having told the truth last week

#18 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postalias, on 18 November 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

What's wrong with calling them week by week as you see them?  The onus is on EJ to perform, not on fans to apologize.  It is a slippery slope to apologize this week for having told the truth last week

If you want to be bipolar and overreactionary on a weekly basis that's your business.

I'll continue to evaluate EJ as a somewhat raw rookie who missed half of the preseason, and missed 4 consecutive regular season games before having to re-enter the fray in Pittsburgh against a Dick LeBeau defense (17-3 against rookie QBs).

In other words I'll be in that group of people who exercise perspective.

But don't let that prevent you from being in that group of people who react first and think later.

It takes all types.

#19 MDH

MDH

    My mind is going...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:11 AM

View Postalias, on 18 November 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

What's wrong with calling them week by week as you see them?  The onus is on EJ to perform, not on fans to apologize.  It is a slippery slope to apologize this week for having told the truth last week

It depends what you mean. Are you going to say something like, "this week EJ showed poor footwork and an inability to drive the ball downfield to open WRs" or are you going to say, "he's shown me nothing, he sucks, what a wasted draft pick!"

Because I saw very little of the former and quite a bit of the latter. There are a few posters who critique his game without moving into panic territory and I don't think you'll catch any flack for that. It's the posters (and there are more than just a few) who make declarations about his entire future based on a single game that end up look like irrational reactionaries. Don't be that guy.

#20 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,877 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:07 AM

I MUST OVERREACT TO EVERYTHING!  I don't care he's a rookie.  I don't care that he missed 2 weeks of training camp.  I don't care he missed a month.  EJ Manuel is not equal to Peyton, thus, he's a bust!