Jump to content


MNF Thread - Cam Newton vs. Tom Brady

panthers patriots monday night football mnf cam newton tom brady tom brady is a bitch

  • Please log in to reply
305 replies to this topic

#1 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,860 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Tonight could be one of the best Monday Night Football games this year.  (No, I am not going).

I watch the Panthers board and it is funny to me that they are believing Cam Newton is a better QB then Tom Brady.  They're saying Tom has lost a step and Newton is the superior QB.  I find this laughable because Brady just plays a whole different ball game.  Brady has been without his top 3 weapons in every game this year but gets them back tonight.  Ridley, Gronky, and Amendola will be playing.  While Newton is good you just cannot compare the two and while one will win tonight I still would not put Brady behind anyone except Manning or Brees at this point - and that is arguable.

My money, though, is on Carolina.  Their D is much better then they were when they played us and their offense finally has confidence.  This is a big game for Carolina for being out of conference - if they can win this they'll remain atop in the hunt for a wildcard and convince many naysayers that they are turning out to be one of the hottest teams in the league.

#2 BLZFAN4LIFE

BLZFAN4LIFE

    Guilty Bystander.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Tickets are going for $2,000.00 a piece. I look forward to the day that the Bills are relevant again.

#3 SageAgainstTheMachine

SageAgainstTheMachine

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I like Carolina in this game too, but the Pats are resurgent after they looked so pedestrian early on.

#4 jaybee

jaybee

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 18 November 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Tonight could be one of the best Monday Night Football games this year.  (No, I am not going).

I watch the Panthers board and it is funny to me that they are believing Cam Newton is a better QB then Tom Brady.  They're saying Tom has lost a step and Newton is the superior QB.  I find this laughable because Brady just plays a whole different ball game.  Brady has been without his top 3 weapons in every game this year but gets them back tonight.  Ridley, Gronky, and Amendola will be playing.  While Newton is good you just cannot compare the two and while one will win tonight I still would not put Brady behind anyone except Manning or Brees at this point - and that is arguable.

My money, though, is on Carolina.  Their D is much better then they were when they played us and their offense finally has confidence.  This is a big game for Carolina for being out of conference - if they can win this they'll remain atop in the hunt for a wildcard and convince many naysayers that they are turning out to be one of the hottest teams in the league.

Agree.  People said (and say) the same thing about Peyton Manning.  Sure, they may have lost a step but their wisdom more than makes up for it.  Comparing Cam to Brady is a stand-up comic act IMO.  Cam has a long way to go, if he ever gets to that level at all.

Love the Carolina D though.  If they win (and I dont believe they will) it'll likely be because of their defense.  They are a good bunch for sure.

Edited by jaybee, 18 November 2013 - 06:28 PM.


#5 TheMadCap

TheMadCap

    If you listen to fools, the mob rules...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,565 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

This game has NE victory all over it. The Panthers are due to come back to Earth...

#6 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,860 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostTheMadCap, on 18 November 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

This game has NE victory all over it. The Panthers are due to come back to Earth...
When you say Panthers, do you mean Newton?  He's been playing lights out.  I saw somewhere his 3rd down % is almost perfect in the last 3 games.

#7 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,256 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:45 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 18 November 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

When you say Panthers, do you mean Newton?  He's been playing lights out.  I saw somewhere his 3rd down % is almost perfect in the last 3 games.

Given the low scoring nature of the game against the 9ers, that surprises me. I knew he's been playing well but I'd not have guessed he converted thirds at a great rate during it.

#8 mead107

mead107

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,229 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

Put my money on Brady. He is still one of the best like it or not..

#9 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,860 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

View PostNoSaint, on 18 November 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

Given the low scoring nature of the game against the 9ers, that surprises me. I knew he's been playing well but I'd not have guessed he converted thirds at a great rate during it.
Panthers fans do not know the Pats like we do.  It could be a real painful shocker if it goes the way it easily could - a NE route.

#10 John in Jax

John in Jax

    Professional

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

I will be very surprised if the Panthers win this game. Hear a lot of folks saying, "but the Panthers defense is just awesome." Uh huh. Sounds like the same thing people were saying about the Chiefs defense yesterday, and how they were going to stop P. Manning......how'd that work out? LOL

Pats by 10.

#11 Fixxxer

Fixxxer

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

Puck the fats.

#12 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

The books:

Carolina -3

Over/Under 47 points.

I like New England straight up.

#13 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,906 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:53 PM

I picked Carolina because well, !@#$ you Tom Brady. But the Pats should win this game. Already they are driving and showing they are the freaking pats*


Oh they punted never mind :)

#14 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

LOL...Talib taunted Cam on the last series and now he gets burned long....love it.

#15 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,507 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

A Guide to Jumping on the Panthers Bandwagon. lol.
http://www.grantland...thers-bandwagon

Edited by YoloInTheBlo, 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM.


#16 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

I'm a Steve Smith fan.

#17 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Talib is a punk (so is Smith, but Talib is a head case).

#18 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,256 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

SS and talib are both morons.

#19 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

Steve Smith.

Possibly the baddest pound for pound football player of his generation.

He would kill Talib in a steel cage match.

#20 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,256 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostSan Jose Bills Fan, on 18 November 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

Steve Smith.

Possibly the baddest pound for pound football player of his generation.

He would kill Talib in a steel cage match.

I'll give him that. He may be dumb and/or crazy, but he's tough.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: panthers, patriots, monday night football, mnf, cam newton, tom brady, tom brady is a bitch