Jump to content


Falcons forum

despair

  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Thirdborn

Thirdborn

    well greaved Argive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

http://boards.atlant...2693-the-bills/

consensus seems to be that our defense is going to eat their children.

#2 bowery4

bowery4

    "‘Chance favors the prepared mind‘’

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

yummy~

#3 kdiggz

kdiggz

    Mayor of Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

A mix of educated and non educated posters over there as to be expected anywhere I guess. On one hand they seem to respect our D and our running game. They also can't decide if EJ is good or bad and we have a lot of back and forth over here too. Then later on in the thread someone equates Bills fans to fans of a minor league baseball team and is shocked we even have a message board. Uhh actually we have the best fans in the league while Atlanta is a big city with no fans, only bandwagon jumpers. Would love for that guy to go to a game at the Ralph and then tell us we don't have fans

Edited by kdiggz, 27 November 2013 - 01:38 AM.


#4 snamsnoops

snamsnoops

    Sleepin again! Or is it a nap?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:39 AM

not really that bad!

#5 QB Bills

QB Bills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Postkdiggz, on 27 November 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

A mix of educated and non educated posters over there as to be expected anywhere I guess. On one hand they seem to respect our D and our running game. They also can't decide if EJ is good or bad and we have a lot of back and forth over here too. Then later on in the thread someone equates Bills fans to fans of a minor league baseball team and is shocked we even have a message board. Uhh actually we have the best fans in the league while Atlanta is a big city with no fans, only bandwagon jumpers. Would love for that guy to go to a game at the Ralph and then tell us we don't have fans
The guy was being facetious...he stated he was just trying to stir the pot.

The fans in that thread seemed knowledgeable and respectful of the bills. Kudos to them.

#6 DisplacedBillsFan

DisplacedBillsFan

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

My favorite quote in regards to our D line..."Wouldn't  surprise me if this is the last time we see Ryan this year"

#7 NobesBLO13

NobesBLO13

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostDisplacedBillsFan, on 27 November 2013 - 02:05 AM, said:

My favorite quote in regards to our D line..."Wouldn't  surprise me if this is the last time we see Ryan this year"
My favorite was the western New York native who moved to Georgia and reduced us to jerks because we are "Yankees".

#8 BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

    Jim K is tough but so is being a Bills fan

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostNobesBLO13, on 27 November 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:


My favorite was the western New York native who moved to Georgia and reduced us to jerks because we are "Yankees".

A true southerner would not have been so polite .... He would first have to call himself a GD Yankee because he moved into their territory then he could call the rest of us living up north plain old Yankees because at least we haven't carpet bagged our way south.

#9 Jauronimo

Jauronimo

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

That is so refreshing to see.  People other than us talking about Kyle Williams, hyping our defense and predicting a Bills win.

#10 JaxBills

JaxBills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postkdiggz, on 27 November 2013 - 01:36 AM, said:

A mix of educated and non educated posters over there as to be expected anywhere I guess. On one hand they seem to respect our D and our running game. They also can't decide if EJ is good or bad and we have a lot of back and forth over here too.
I agree with this.

#11 RyanC883

RyanC883

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostBuffaloBill, on 27 November 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

A true southerner would not have been so polite .... He would first have to call himself a GD Yankee because he moved into their territory then he could call the rest of us living up north plain old Yankees because at least we haven't carpet bagged our way south.

I've traveled to the South quite a bit (was in Mississippi) last week and find the people there to be much nicer than up North.  Sure, you have the few, "what are you doing down here" types, but they are the minority.   Overall, it seems the Falcon's fans have the same feeling about the game most Bills fans do: (our D should destroy them, and is EJ good, bad, somewhere in the middle, etc.).  I'm seeing a TON of sacks from our D, and a lot of running for Freddie, CJ, and a couple nice passes from EJ (about 15).

#12 JaxBills

JaxBills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostBuffaloBill, on 27 November 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:



A true southerner would not have been so polite .... He would first have to call himself a GD Yankee because he moved into their territory then he could call the rest of us living up north plain old Yankees because at least we haven't carpet bagged our way south.
I'm from the south.  This chit people say is embarrassing on both accounts.  You sound the same as what you're offended about.

#13 Jauronimo

Jauronimo

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostJaxBills, on 27 November 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

I'm from the south.  This chit people say is embarrassing on both accounts.  You sound the same as what you're offended about.
Where did he take offense to anything?

#14 JaxBills

JaxBills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostJauronimo, on 27 November 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:


Where did he take offense to anything?
you're right, I mis understood it.  But the north south stuff boils my blood after listening to people hate on the way Nix, and Chan spoke.  It kinda changed my view on some Bills fans.  This time I was out of place, and I'm sorry.

#15 Jauronimo

Jauronimo

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostJaxBills, on 27 November 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

you're right, I mis understood it.  But the north south stuff boils my blood after listening to people hate on the way Nix, and Chan spoke.  It kinda changed my view on some Bills fans.  This time I was out of place, and I'm sorry.
If you're really sorry then you'll start a thread where you apologize to BuffaloBill and me and Northerners and Southerners and everyone else.

#16 JaxBills

JaxBills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostJauronimo, on 27 November 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:


If you're really sorry then you'll start a thread where you apologize to BuffaloBill and me and Northerners and Southerners and everyone else.
no

#17 Jauronimo

Jauronimo

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostJaxBills, on 27 November 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

no
You have made a powerful enemy.

#18 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

    When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

"As a die hard Falcons fan, I never want to see my team lose but lets face it, If Ej Manuel is playing, we will lose."

Well thats a nice compliment


CBF

#19 JaxBills

JaxBills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

But, back on topic.  The win is all on how long we can keep the ball out of Ryan's hands.  The Falcons have had a BAD year, but I still think Ryan is a dangerous QB.

View PostJauronimo, on 27 November 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:


You have made a powerful enemy.
its cool, after a few trips to Afghanistan, im used to it.

Edited by JaxBills, 27 November 2013 - 10:57 AM.


#20 atlbillsfan1975

atlbillsfan1975

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

I was born in Buffalo but have grown up down here in Atl for the most part.
Atlanta is a big city and only getting bigger. The stereo types of the south are not really relevant in Atl anymore.
The funniest thing i ever heard was the Civil War reffered to as 'The War of Northern Aggresion'. Ha

As far as Falcon fans they are getting a lot better. More and more Atl is building a fan base. Blank will get a SB ring at some point.