I would also include those who I thought that another team would give up a first round pick, but I am looking for one or the other (or of course both).
My particular list is longer that I had thought it would be. Much longer.
1) Mario Williams: No explanation needed.
2) Kiko Alonzo: Absolutely is playing at first round level AND has first round trade value.
3) Leodis McKelvin: Yes, I really typed this. He was drafted WAY too early for my liking and has never lived up to his draft slot. That said, I think that he is playing this year at what I would consider good value for a late first rounder.
4) Marcell Dareus: Is not playing like what I would hope for in a #3 by any means but he is certainly playing like a first rounder this season.
5) Cordy Glenn: He is, due to his position, is playing like a top 10 draft selection. At this point, are there THAT many better left tackles in the NFL? A trade will not happen, but I think that Glenn has the highest trade value on the squad.
6) Kyle Williams: It was close but I would say that he deserves to be on this list.
7) Eric Wood: He too is solid enough to be included. He is, imo, playing up to the spot in which he was drafted this year.
8) Jerry Hughes: 8 sacks and 2 forced fumbles entitle him to be added to this list. The Bills have been involved in SO many close games that this alone would render most of his sacks to be key and clutch.
9) Jairus Byrd: OK, a bit of a reach, but he makes plays, and I appreciate his leadership back there. He grabs players and walks them away when they are involved in scuffles or verbal spats with refs.
The above list doesn't even allow for potential (EJ, Goodwin, Woods), nor does it allow for solid players such as FJ, Spiller, Urbik and Pears. And I put A. Williams on the edge of making the list. So, why is this team 4-8????
1) It's all about the QB in this league. Sad but true.
2) Losing Levitre cost us at least 1 win. This is a very strong opinion. And, it certainly didn't help Manuel.
3) Embarrassing losses like last week are killers.
4) Rookie head coach.
Please feel free to add to or subtract from this list, and I do respect the fact that our expectations from a first round draft choice will vary to a large degree.
Edited by Bill from NYC, 07 December 2013 - 06:47 AM.