Jump to content


Sheldon Richardson named PFT's DROY


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,128 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

Because he said he is...

http://profootballta...ie-of-the-year/

#2 Bronc24

Bronc24

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

Does he win a sack of Florio's stool?

#3 hondo in seattle

hondo in seattle

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Good to see Kiko is leading in the unofficial PFT DROY voting, garnering 36% of the vote to Richardson's 24% (at the time of this writing).

Honey Badger has 8%.

#4 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:08 PM

View Posthondo in seattle, on 01 January 2014 - 11:07 PM, said:

Good to see Kiko is leading in the unofficial PFT DROY voting, garnering 36% of the vote to Richardson's 24% (at the time of this writing).

Honey Badger has 8%.

Kiko is Kiper's #1 Rookie with Richardson as #2 on ESPN Insider.

#5 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

i don't care who wins what, but i think star lautlutleireoroallouie deserves the honor.  what he has done to lead the Carolina DL is impressive and he elevates everyone elses game on that D unit.

#6 Green Lightning

Green Lightning

    Mr. Peanut

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Kiko
Star
Sheldon

In that order.

#7 San Jose Bills Fan

San Jose Bills Fan

    San Jose Bills Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 01 January 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:

i don't care who wins what, but i think star lautlutleireoroallouie deserves the honor.

I'm pretty sure you shorted him a vowel or two.

Seriously, I know that Star had a great season however I wonder how much the NYC media effect will have on the voting.

#8 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Cordarrelle Patterson for OROY!

#9 SBUffalo

SBUffalo

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:43 AM

Sheldon Richardson is the winner. Kiko is second. Star is 3rd.

Edited by DStebb716, 02 January 2014 - 02:44 AM.


#10 cage

cage

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:17 AM

View PostDStebb716, on 02 January 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

Sheldon Richardson is the winner. Kiko is second. Star is 3rd.

I agree with this order.  While Kiko started the year on fire, he hit the rookie wall and tailed off as the year progressed.  We talked about it on this board. At Week #10 the DROY would have been Kiko.  However, Richardson continued to play very well and was even involved in the offense (Refrigerator-style), scoring a TD in Week 16 in their victory over the Dolphins.

We got ourselves an awesome player, but the DROY not should go to Sheldon Richardson....

#11 billieve420

billieve420

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostDStebb716, on 02 January 2014 - 02:43 AM, said:

Sheldon Richardson is the winner. Kiko is second. Star is 3rd.

Agree Sheldon Richardson deserves honor guy is a stud and has played well all year. However, voters may go for flash over substance so Kiko still has a good shot. I think with his drop in play in the 2nd half he should probably be #3 after Richardson and Lotulelei.

#12 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    When your number is called you got to make a play!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,165 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Its going to be interesting to see if this sways any AP votes away or towards Richardson. Kiko has been very humble throughout and Sheldon, well he does play for the Jests with Rex Ryan.

I can see some people on the fence being swayed toward Kiko or maybe there are younger voters that like the "swag."


It would have been better if Sheldon Richardson said he was the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Now that would have been chuckles in a good way.

Edited by Why So Serious?, 02 January 2014 - 08:50 AM.


#13 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,128 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 01 January 2014 - 11:38 PM, said:

Cordarrelle Patterson for OROY!
He is good, but I think it will go to Keenan Allen. Slow start but very strong finish.

#14 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 02 January 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

Its going to be interesting to see if this sways any AP votes away or towards Richardson. Kiko has been very humble throughout and Sheldon, well he does play for the Jests with Rex Ryan.

I can see some people on the fence being swayed toward Kiko or maybe there are younger voters that like the "swag."


It would have been better if Sheldon Richardson said he was the Offensive Rookie of the Year. Now that would have been chuckles in a good way.
geno smith was the most offensive rookie of the year.

#15 jumbalaya

jumbalaya

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

I thought Kiko's play fell off in the second half.  He was never a difference maker.  He was very competent however.

#16 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,975 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostYoloInTheBlo, on 02 January 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

He is good, but I think it will go to Keenan Allen. Slow start but very strong finish.

Good choice. He was excellent during the Chargers run to the playoffs.

@ProFootballTalk
Cordarrelle Patterson is your NFC offensive rookie of the month http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nqA

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 02 January 2014 - 10:29 AM.


#17 Al Cowlings

Al Cowlings

    Rookie

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

View Postjumbalaya, on 02 January 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

I thought Kiko's play fell off in the second half.  He was never a difference maker.  He was very competent however.

Well said

#18 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,294 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

View Postjumbalaya, on 02 January 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

I thought Kiko's play fell off in the second half.  He was never a difference maker.  He was very competent however.
I'll go back and watch a lot of tapes this off season to make sure but I really think we changed our MO on defense to cause some chsnges

#19 todzilla

todzilla

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 02 January 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:



Good choice. He was excellent during the Chargers run to the playoffs.

@ProFootballTalk
Cordarrelle Patterson is your NFC offensive rookie of the month http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nqA
don't forget Eddie Lacy. Dude was a stud in the 2nd half once he got healthy. He helped keep the Pack alive with Rodgers hurt.

#20 SBUffalo

SBUffalo

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I think Kiko could've been more consistent at the OLB spot. If we can land Anthony Barr at 9 somehow then put him in the middle. Shayne Skov could be an option, as well.

Barr's biggest tool is his pass rushing ability, though, so it might be a waste to put him on the inside. But if he can translate the tendency to shed blockers from rushing the passer to stopping the runner than this defense would instantly be substantially better. I think a stud MLB would complete this defense.

View Posttodzilla, on 02 January 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

don't forget Eddie Lacy. Dude was a stud in the 2nd half once he got healthy. He helped keep the Pack alive with Rodgers hurt.

I love Allen, but I think lacy has it locked up.

Edited by DStebb716, 02 January 2014 - 01:00 PM.