#1 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:26 PM

GOAL: Shred 45 Pounds

Im 235 pounds, Drink lots of beer, always have a second plate ( serving ) and Cheer for the Bills! Last year I was 245 pounds and wanted to get to 200 by August. I started off really good and got down to 225 in 3 months. Then, (the kitty that I am), stopped for some reason and got back up to 235. The positive thinking says that if I lose 10 pounds per year, like I did this year, in 4 more years I'll be at 195! But the Realist says, GROW A PAIR get to 190 by the end of 2014. My goal is to stop drinking for a year, walk and play golf and only eat 1 plate ( serving ) slowly. I will updated my status weekly so that I can be held accountable! Cheers! CURITIBA

By The way, I will post my weight in Kilos. For example, my starting weight is 106,7 Kilos = 235 lbs.

#2 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,183 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

If you want to cheat a little get some CLA from a nutrition place, it will help burn the fat.

Good luck.

#3 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,245 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

My usual, be at or under 200 by the Home Opener Tailgate, currently somewhere about 235.

#4 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:18 PM

My usual, be at or under 200 by the Home Opener Tailgate, currently somewhere about 235.

Good luck with that JJ. Ive had 4 good days so far, but nothing to show for it. still hovering around 235. Walked 5 kilometres yesterday and 3 today and no alcoholic beverages.

#5 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Walked 5 kms on Saturday, Walked 3 on Sunday and 6 today. 5 Days no beer! :beer:

#6 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,183 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:57 PM

Walked 5 kms on Saturday, Walked 3 on Sunday and 6 today. 5 Days no beer! :beer:

Ever thought to put a goal of running a 5K on your to do list?

#7 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Ever thought to put a goal of running a 5K on your to do list?

Yes, that will come in time! Id like to lose a bit of weight first to not stress my knees too much. Im taking it one day at a time at the moment!

#8 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:48 PM

ok, 12 days in.

I walked 20 kms total so far
played 33 holes of golf
Have not had any alcoholic beverages
have not had 2nd servings for lunch

AND THE GRAND TOTAL IS:

108.2. :thumbdown:

I gained 1.5 kgs!

Keep on truckin. Monday brings another week!

There is something Im doing wrong..Gonna have to tweak what and when Im eating. WIll update in 7-10 days

Edited by curitiba, 12 January 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#9 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,245 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

I haven't been watching my intake (well, I have, been watching it go in my mouth). Once I start traveling for work, I'm hoping the hotels have a fitness center. I've always been able to keep on a routine of working out when I'm traveling for work. At home, it's just too easy to decide not to make the drive to the gym.

#10 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,183 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

ok, 12 days in.

I walked 20 kms total so far
played 33 holes of golf
Have not had any alcoholic beverages
have not had 2nd servings for lunch

AND THE GRAND TOTAL IS:

108.2. :thumbdown:

I gained 1.5 kgs!

Keep on truckin. Monday brings another week!

There is something Im doing wrong..Gonna have to tweak what and when Im eating. WIll update in 7-10 days

my fitness pal will help​

I haven't been watching my intake (well, I have, been watching it go in my mouth). Once I start traveling for work, I'm hoping the hotels have a fitness center. I've always been able to keep on a routine of working out when I'm traveling for work. At home, it's just too easy to decide not to make the drive to the gym.

my fitness pal will help, too

It helps me to remember that if I want crackers then I waste 200 calories. If I want a Mt Dew its 180. If I get a diet Mt Dew then I have high sodium and wonder why I have to be a sissy to drink it. Either way, I make myself do it while I do cardio. Well, I did. I stopped filling it out because I got lazy at it. Anyway, after being on the elliptical or bike 12 minutes to burn 200 calories or however long it takes then I feel shame.

If you have it and want to add me PM or use my screen name thing minus the j @ yahoo.com. I think it is to my yahoo.

#11 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hey Boys and Gals...Update Update, read all about it!

After a first few discouraging weeks here are the results from Jan 2.

49.5 total Walking Kilometers

2.5 total running Kilometers ( starting running since the last 3 walking sessions )

Golf 2-5 times per week including hitting roughly 100 balls 2-5 times per week

1 CAN OF BEER

AND FINALLY AFTER JUMPING ALL THE WAY TO 108.2 KILOS ( 238.5 pounds ) I am now 105.8 KILOS ( 233.2 pounds )

I realize that losing 2 pounds in 27 days is not a lot, but considering I jumped to 108.2 for about 7-8 days, that is 5.3 lost pounds in the last 14 days.

I really do find myself having more energy during the day. For example Saturday and Sunday I woke up at 6 am and played 18 holes of golf with cart and finished at 8:30 am. Later on Saturday I played another 11 holes walking ( dont ask our course has 11 holes at the moment ) and on Sunday I went back and hit 200 balls. Today I walked 4.3 kms and ran 1.1 kms. I also sleep alot better. Last night I went to bed at 2 am and woke up at 8 am. 6 hours continuous sleep!

ALL THE BEST FOLKS. Will try to get to 100 Kilos by end of February but if I hit 1-2 kilos below 105.8, Ill be happy as well!

Edited by curitiba, 27 January 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#12 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,183 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Hey Boys and Gals...Update Update, read all about it!

After a first few discouraging weeks here are the results from Jan 2.

49.5 total Walking Kilometers

2.5 total running Kilometers ( starting running since the last 3 walking sessions )

Golf 2-5 times per week including hitting roughly 100 balls 2-5 times per week

1 CAN OF BEER

AND FINALLY AFTER JUMPING ALL THE WAY TO 108.2 KILOS ( 238.5 pounds ) I am now 105.8 KILOS ( 233.2 pounds )

I realize that losing 2 pounds in 27 days is not a lot, but considering I jumped to 108.2 for about 7-8 days, that is 5.3 lost pounds in the last 14 days.

I really do find myself having more energy during the day. For example Saturday and Sunday I woke up at 6 am and played 18 holes of golf with cart and finished at 8:30 am. Later on Saturday I played another 11 holes walking ( dont ask our course has 11 holes at the moment ) and on Sunday I went back and hit 200 balls. Today I walked 4.3 kms and ran 1.1 kms. I also sleep alot better. Last night I went to bed at 2 am and woke up at 8 am. 6 hours continuous sleep!

ALL THE BEST FOLKS. Will try to get to 100 Kilos by end of February but if I hit 1-2 kilos below 105.8, Ill be happy as well!

great job!

#13 Wooderson

Wooderson

Alright, alright, alright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

my fitness pal will help​
my fitness pal will help, too

It helps me to remember that if I want crackers then I waste 200 calories. If I want a Mt Dew its 180. If I get a diet Mt Dew then I have high sodium and wonder why I have to be a sissy to drink it. Either way, I make myself do it while I do cardio. Well, I did. I stopped filling it out because I got lazy at it. Anyway, after being on the elliptical or bike 12 minutes to burn 200 calories or however long it takes then I feel shame.

If you have it and want to add me PM or use my screen name thing minus the j @ yahoo.com. I think it is to my yahoo.

Hey jboyst, I completely agree with the myfitnesspal app. It really puts into perspective how much crap I usually eat AND how much beer affects me.

Me and my girlfriend are beginning to try really hard to get in shape, lose some weight, and get healthy. We've been trying for a few weeks but just started taking it very seriously last Tuesday. One week in and I have to say I'm really happy so far. Not so much that I've lost a lot of weight but that I feel so much better, and I'm a lot more motivated. Currently at around 260, never really put myself on any serious plan before but I'm determined to make this work this time. My goal is to get down to 220 by May 24th (heading to Florida for vacation). It may be a steep goal but I think I can do it. I think that alcohol was my main culprit and I've already done well cutting down on it.

Running has always been a tedious task for me, but I've ran 5 of the last 7 days and I see an improve almost every day.

Happy with one week one, but I have a long way to go! It's a lifestyle change, and boy am I ready to change it!

Working hard to cut out cheese, white carbs, and sugars.

Good luck to all and keep working hard.

#14 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,183 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

I'm at 232-235. Not as much as I'd like. Freaking eh. I barely clear 1500 cal a day and eat heathy as fawk. I guess its just muscle

#15 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Hey jboyst, I completely agree with the myfitnesspal app. It really puts into perspective how much crap I usually eat AND how much beer affects me.

Me and my girlfriend are beginning to try really hard to get in shape, lose some weight, and get healthy. We've been trying for a few weeks but just started taking it very seriously last Tuesday. One week in and I have to say I'm really happy so far. Not so much that I've lost a lot of weight but that I feel so much better, and I'm a lot more motivated. Currently at around 260, never really put myself on any serious plan before but I'm determined to make this work this time. My goal is to get down to 220 by May 24th (heading to Florida for vacation). It may be a steep goal but I think I can do it. I think that alcohol was my main culprit and I've already done well cutting down on it.

Running has always been a tedious task for me, but I've ran 5 of the last 7 days and I see an improve almost every day.

Happy with one week one, but I have a long way to go! It's a lifestyle change, and boy am I ready to change it!

Working hard to cut out cheese, white carbs, and sugars.

Good luck to all and keep working hard.

Youll get there bud, keep it up! 10 years ago my dad was 235 pounds ( 5 feet 7 inches tall ) and he lost 60 pounds in two years. Since I rarely see my Dad, it seemed like he lost it real fast. But he confirmed to me last week that it took him 2 years to get to 175. KEEP UP THE WORK GUYS and DONT GET DISCOURAGED FOR a FEW BAD DAYS. BTW, down another 200 Grams from yesterday!

Edited by curitiba, 28 January 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#16 Wooderson

Wooderson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

Youll get there bud, keep it up! 10 years ago my dad was 235 pounds ( 5 feet 7 inches tall ) and he lost 60 pounds in two years. Since I rarely see my Dad, it seemed like he lost it real fast. But he confirmed to me last week that it took him 2 years to get to 175. KEEP UP THE WORK GUYS and DONT GET DISCOURAGED FOR a FEW BAD DAYS. BTW, down another 200 Grams from yesterday!

Thanks! Well done.

#17 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,183 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

Was bored on exercise bike and found this.

http://www.bodybuild.../drobson175.htm

The HIIT stuff really works. I drink a lot of water already. Cutting fat and limiting carbs is Sooooo hard.

#18 PO'14

PO'14

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:04 AM

Had a bad day of Golf yesterday and took it out on the food at night!!! However, did my daily weight check today and am 105.2. Down 400 grams from the day before. HA HA This thing is hard to understand. At the start of the month, after two weeks of being on a diet I gained 5 pounds and then after a bad day I lose. GO FIGURE! Today is another day...and yes the carbs are killing me. I need some Pasta and chocolate urgently! Will go to the golf course to hit balls today and go to Pilates as well, but damn I want some spaghetti!

The HIIT stuff really works. I drink a lot of water already. Cutting fat and limiting carbs is Sooooo hard.

The OBESE STAGE IS FOR ME. And the recommendations they say is exactly what Im doing. I just need to cut back my sugar intake. I managed to cut alcohol and its been sunny and 30 degrees Celcius since December. Its hard to only drink water in this heat. It gets boring after drinking two litres by 12:00. Ive been drinking lots of Coke zero. Not good, but Christ, its so hot that I need something different than water.

Edited by curitiba, 30 January 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#19 Wooderson

Wooderson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

You still want to eat the good carbs in order to get your energy but I agree it's really difficult to stay away from the simple carbs. I've noticed brown rice to be a great complex carb, but it does have a lot of calories. I've been trying to stick to egg whites, fruit and spinach smoothies with non-fat greek yogurt, chicken/turkey salads, and then either fish or chicken for dinner with steamed veggies and brown rice. I changed it up a little bit last night and had some whole wheat pasta with a nice olive oil/seasoning mixture. The hardest part for me is finishing dinner and still being hungry, but so far I've been fighting it pretty well.

#20 B-Large

B-Large

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

I used "Lose It! app on my I-phone and count calories- I lost 10 pounds not exercing that much, just staying under 1800 kcal/day. so for a 6'2" man, at 225lbs- that loses a 1 per week, and it really does work.

My biggest issue is drinking. 1.5 ounces of 100 proof whiskey is 123 calories. that **** adds up quick if I have 3-4 drinks when I get home, which I ususally do because I am bored. It also carves up 1800 kcal per day pretty easily, and yes I can stay under 1800 and do drinks, but you offset nutirion for alcohol... tha aint good.

I am now exercise 5 days per week for 45-60 minutes, so whe I go over wiht booze I don't freak... but I am certainyl in a calorie deficit day after day.

Its hard. My life is pretty routine right now and my wife and I have cut spending deep. We are saving to moving toward the end of the year and not work for a year (well, my wife wil be doing consultign remotely)- so not spending money means alot of tie o the couch dinking whiskey and watching Star Trek re-run... lol...

Edited by B-Large, 31 January 2014 - 01:59 PM.