#3 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,964 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

Eat whatever you want,if you burn those calories off it doesnt matter

Portion control too. LIFESTYLE change. Hey, basically that is what this guy did while getting himself into "fat burning" mode.

As long as you work, work it off!!!! All I cut out was gratutious soda out of my lifestyle and lost 60 pounds and I am still dropping, slowly now, but still dropping. I cut nothing else out and eat what I want WITHIN REASON. Shrink the stomach and eat less! I find I get fuller faster!

Yet, you do have to "jump start" your metabolism. Working a swing shift, I rotate every week between days, afternoons, and midnights on a 4 week monthly cycle. That's what was killer prior to my mainstream winter schedule where I worked everyday for 47 days and slept every night on a regular basis. Timing is everything too. I am not in my 20's anymore. I find fasting for a good 24 hours gets things going and helps. I do that once a month after I come off midnights. By doing that and working everyday over the winter really helped. I have been back on my swing-shift schedule since mid-March and I am still dropping while watching out for the pitfalls (soda and timing w/sleep). No midnight runs for hot dogs or a Maxwell Street Polish with fried onions and mustard! ;-) ;-) Reasonable lifestyle, eating choices. ;-) ;-)

@ 47 years old... I shamefully, last Fall I was the higehest ever. I am 6'3" and went 295! I am now 235 and fitting into my old clothes from 10 years ago. I went to the doctor for my 6 month checkup in March and they were amazed, all my numbers were in the normal range. I told them, all I cut out was the extra soda (I still drink soda) and stop "saving fat"... And start burning it! I worked 12 hour days for 47 straight days. It was manual labor, that's really where I burned it. It is all will power, like saving money except you are burning surplus fat. Sitting behind a desk for a good part of my day, isn't going to help. As you can see, I am back to posting more! LoL...

I will never be down to my mid 20's range of 160-195... But I am hoping for my 2002 number of 218 #'s! I am not even 20 #'s away now!... BUT, it is a harder plateau I am @ now, most of my surplus fat has melted away. All my life, I have never been a gym person either. I reluctantly admit, that might help @ my age. I hate gratuitious exercise... I have to be doing something that gets gainful work done. Again, posting more isn't going to help! Ha!

It is all about a caloric deficit and working @ not building a surplus! I probably could go strictly on a McD's diet and achieve the same results. I do admit, the belly fat was the easiest to burn. Shape and tone will be harder with this method.

LIFESTYLE CHANGE and don't let it get out of hand as you get older! Starve yourself from time to time, if you can handle it, have the will power... You won't die! Feel the burn w/the timing!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois, 03 May 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#4 Very wide right

Very wide right

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Portion control too. LIFESTYLE change. Hey, basically that is what this guy did while getting himself into "fat burning" mode.

As long as you work, work it off!!!! All I cut out was gratutious soda out of my lifestyle and lost 60 pounds and I am still dropping, slowly now, but still dropping. I cut nothing else out and eat what I want WITHIN REASON. Shrink the stomach and eat less! I find I get fuller faster!

Yet, you do have to "jump start" your metabolism. Working a swing shift, I rotate every week between days, afternoons, and midnights on a 4 week monthly cycle. That's what was killer prior to my mainstream winter schedule where I worked everyday for 47 days and slept every night on a regular basis. Timing is everything too. I am not in my 20's anymore. I find fasting for a good 24 hours gets things going and helps. I do that once a month after I come off midnights. By doing that and working everyday over the winter really helped. I have been back on my swing-shift schedule since mid-March and I am still dropping while watching out for the pitfalls (soda and timing w/sleep). No midnight runs for hot dogs or a Maxwell Street Polish with fried onions and mustard! ;-) ;-) Reasonable lifestyle, eating choices. ;-) ;-)

@ 47 years old... I shamefully, last Fall I was the higehest ever. I am 6'3" and went 295! I am now 235 and fitting into my old clothes from 10 years ago. I went to the doctor for my 6 month checkup in March and they were amazed, all my numbers were in the normal range. I told them, all I cut out was the extra soda (I still drink soda) and stop "saving fat"... And start burning it! I worked 12 hour days for 47 straight days. It was manual labor, that's really where I burned it. It is all will power, like saving money except you are burning surplus fat. Sitting behind a desk for a good part of my day, isn't going to help. As you can see, I am back to posting more! LoL...

I will never be down to my mid 20's range of 160-195... But I am hoping for my 2002 number of 218 #'s! I am not even 20 #'s away now!... BUT, it is a harder plateau I am @ now, most of my surplus fat has melted away. All my life, I have never been a gym person either. I reluctantly admit, that might help @ my age. I hate gratuitious exercise... I have to be doing something that gets gainful work done. Again, posting more isn't going to help! Ha!

It is all about a caloric deficit and working @ not building a surplus! I probably could go strictly on a McD's diet and achieve the same results. I do admit, the belly fat was the easiest to burn. Shape and tone will be harder with this method.

LIFESTYLE CHANGE and don't let it get out of hand as you get older! Starve yourself from time to time, if you can handle it, have the will power... You won't die! Feel the burn w/the timing!

Congrats on your success

#5 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,964 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:43 PM

Congrats on your success

Thanx! I am still going! Last year I stepped on the scale @ 296!!! I usually hovered in the 280's for the last 5 years... Inching up through the years. 2006 I was around 235... I still felt "thin." I felt gr8 when I fit back into those clothes from that era in my life! I hit my 40's (2008) and bam! Yikes! The heaviest I ever saw was that 296 last year AND it really scared the poo out of me. I thought I was Brian Wilson in a Barenaked Ladies song! Floating around teasing 300. Ha! One time in BFLO last year, my half blind (he as macular) elderly father snipped seriously confused: "Eric for all the moving around you do, why aren't you skinny!" I almost crapped my pants w/disgust! I asked myself: "Why?" I was more than tankful for my father's candid motivation!

Lowest I saw was yesterday... 213# after I did the yardwork. I am targeting 196! I was targetting 218. I am holding steady @ 218 now. I haven't been below 200 since my wedding (1994)...LoL

The major things was to give up soda and The Wall... LoL... I used to nurse on both that chit! Don't over eat too. I eat what I want (but don't @ times... Ha!) and cheat frequently. Only have one can of non-diet soda a day (if that). I don't touch diet soda at all! I think I am scaring people @ work. They think I may be sick, and no not mentally. They know I am not mentally well! ;-)

I am down to my 32 year old weight (now 47)...

It's simple (for me)... Calories in vs. calories out. Burn more than you take in. I found with me (being on a four week swing-shift rotation), I gotta jump start the fat burning process and fast for a day first, even 30 hour famine! Feel the hunger burn. THEN take in less sensibly than you put in. WITH ME it all about timing and getting into fat burning mode.

Put down the fork! I know it is hard to get in a calorie deficit. One pound of fat is 3500 calories... I am in the minus almost 250,000 calories in the last 7 months! Wow! That simply is the hard part AND will not come overnight

It's like spending money... Just spend the fat and don't take more in. Everybody should be good @ that. Spend what you got in your body! Of course it is hard when one is behind and obese. You are tapping into that bank account of fat! Embrace it! FWIW, the wallet/money part will benefit. You will have more money in your pocket without spending it feeding the fork!

I think I mentioned before... Some tips:

1. I still eat things I want, I just watch portions.
2. Mediterranean diet. Something can be said for lentils (he he) and chick peas/Hummus. I found a few places here I love... Thanks to my 13 year old (semi-vegitarean) daughter! One Syrian place. One Palestinian Place, One Arabian place. I still have a sweet spot for the kufta though. I can live on pita and falafel forever! ;-)

3... Gotta go now, I feel like I gained just by posting.

Play the number game... Slow and steady wins the race! It simply won't happen over night. Lose it the same way it was gained!
Oh... Also Indian food too...