Jump to content


Red Jerseys


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 oman128

oman128

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Many teams have a 3rd jersey, Baltimore has purple white and black Miami has green white and the occasional orange jersey.  

The Bills should come out with an alternate red jersey.

#2 sodbuster

sodbuster

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

We have throwbacks. Those ar e our third unis.

#3 NobesBLO13

NobesBLO13

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

They wear pink four games a year. Close enough.

#4 ExWNYer

ExWNYer

    Hopeful Bills romantic at heart...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

No, thanks.

#5 over 20 years of fanhood

over 20 years of fanhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

Interesting.  Players are taught not hit hit red jerseys in practice....

Me I'd like to see a variation of the bills jerseys with a superbowl patch on the shoulder

#6 RussellDopeland

RussellDopeland

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

View Postoman128, on 01 February 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Many teams have a 3rd jersey, Baltimore has purple white and black Miami has green white and the occasional orange jersey.  

The Bills should come out with an alternate red jersey.


Maybe the Bills should consider a red helmet instead.

#7 sodbuster

sodbuster

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostRussellDopeland, on 01 February 2014 - 03:04 PM, said:




Maybe the Bills should consider a red helmet instead.
players have to use the same helmet for every game.

#8 DefenseWinzChampionshipz

DefenseWinzChampionshipz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

View Postsodbuster, on 01 February 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

players have to use the same helmet for every game.

No they don't. When we wear our throwbacks the helmets are with the standing buffalo instead of the charging buffalo. Where did you hear this from?

#9 Pills -N- Bills

Pills -N- Bills

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'd like to see them take an Oregon approach, and have a bunch of different uniforms. Something new, hip, push the boundaries a little bit.

#10 uncle flap

uncle flap

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostDefenseWinzChampionshipz, on 01 February 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

No they don't. When we wear our throwbacks the helmets are with the standing buffalo instead of the charging buffalo. Where did you hear this from?

When they do that, all they change is the decal. It's actually the same helmet.

#11 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostDefenseWinzChampionshipz, on 01 February 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:


No they don't. When we wear our throwbacks the helmets are with the standing buffalo instead of the charging buffalo. Where did you hear this from?

Yes they do. It's a new rule as of this past season. It caused some headaches- the bucs weren't able to wear their creamsicle helmets and the cowboys couldn't wear their throwbacks on thanksgiving because the helmet base was different colors. The bills are able to pull it off because the base of both their helmets is white.

Edited by FluffHead, 01 February 2014 - 04:39 PM.


#12 sodbuster

sodbuster

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostDefenseWinzChampionshipz, on 01 February 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:



No they don't. When we wear our throwbacks the helmets are with the standing buffalo instead of the charging buffalo. Where did you hear this from?
http://m.espn.go.com...232&src=desktop
Buffalo just changes the decal on the helmet.

#13 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

The NFL is getting a little ridiculous if the team wants to use different helmets it's their expense so what difference does it make it's like the rule about the color cleats they wear during the game goofy plain and simple !!

#14 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

View PostT master, on 01 February 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

The NFL is getting a little ridiculous if the team wants to use different helmets it's their expense so what difference does it make it's like the rule about the color cleats they wear during the game goofy plain and simple !!

It's a safety matter. They have some sort of proof that worn in helmets protect better than a new helmet out of the box or something to that effect

#15 Ramius

Ramius

    Don't Tread on Me

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,412 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostFluffHead, on 01 February 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

It's a safety matter. They have some sort of proof that worn in helmets protect better than a new helmet out of the box or something to that effect

So the NFL is saying that its impossible to fit more than one helmet to a player's head? What happens if a player breaks part of his helmet, rendering it unusable? Is that player then done for the season?

Its a stupid rule, plain and simple. More nonsense from the No Fun League.

#16 KGUNBILLS

KGUNBILLS

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Maybe one game a year they should wear a jersey with a maple leaf on it. That might tap into a multi billion dollar Canadian market.

#17 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

View PostRamius, on 01 February 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:


So the NFL is saying that its impossible to fit more than one helmet to a player's head? What happens if a player breaks part of his helmet, rendering it unusable? Is that player then done for the season?

Its a stupid rule, plain and simple. More nonsense from the No Fun League.

It is what it is. I'm sure it is not a baseless rule. If anything the league is losing money on it.

#18 Noodlearm

Noodlearm

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

KGUNBILLS is a marketing genious! Maple Leaf jersey! Russ should hire him immediately.

#19 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    BERSERKER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,622 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

View Postsodbuster, on 01 February 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

We have throwbacks. Those ar e our third unis.

Our throw back should be the 90s era superbowl teams with the RED helmets.

Also a red jersey would be cool, maybe even a red black sabres style version would be awesome!

View Postsodbuster, on 01 February 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

players have to use the same helmet for every game.

they can repaint it

View PostRamius, on 01 February 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

So the NFL is saying that its impossible to fit more than one helmet to a player's head? What happens if a player breaks part of his helmet, rendering it unusable? Is that player then done for the season?

Its a stupid rule, plain and simple. More nonsense from the No Fun League.

This

View PostKGUNBILLS, on 01 February 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

Maybe one game a year they should wear a jersey with a maple leaf on it. That might tap into a multi billion dollar Canadian market.

:worthy: :lol:

#20 EJ-CJ-TJ-SJ-FJax

EJ-CJ-TJ-SJ-FJax

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

It would give us a new jersey to buy.  Who wants 2 blue jerseys or 2 white jerseys once you have one of each.