Jump to content


Bring Back Fitz

fitzpatrick

  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 johnwalter

johnwalter

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

there's some talk about fitzpatrick being a cap casualty in tennessee.  if that happens, i'd love so see us pick him up to be the veteran back-up / mentor that kolb was supposed to be.  fitz has all the makings to be a great teacher at the position (i always had a ton of respect for the guy) and putting him the the QB room with EJ could do big things for EJ's development.

does anyone know how a new contract with fitz would interact with our existing 2014 cap-hit for fitz's old contract?

#2 Ryan L Billz

Ryan L Billz

    Wooooooooooooo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Bring back Polio and the Black Plague also.

#3 MOFO

MOFO

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

I could live with this I mean superbowl!

#4 B-Man

B-Man

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

No.









.

#5 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,058 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

View Postjohnwalter, on 14 February 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

there's some talk about fitzpatrick being a cap casualty in tennessee.  if that happens, i'd love so see us pick him up to be the veteran back-up / mentor that kolb was supposed to be.  fitz has all the makings to be a great teacher at the position (i always had a ton of respect for the guy) and putting him the the QB room with EJ could do big things for EJ's development.

does anyone know how a new contract with fitz would interact with our existing 2014 cap-hit for fitz's old contract?

wed have the dead money AND the contract. as much as i think hed be a good backup, i dont know that i could take that on principle alone. wed have 7m in dead money for him not playing for us and another 2-3m for him to play for us.

Edited by NoSaint, 14 February 2014 - 04:51 PM.


#6 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

If were dead set on a veteran backup not named Thad Lewis, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

#7 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,945 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

The way EJ gets hurt Fitz would figure he'd be starting eventually.

#8 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 14 February 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

The way EJ gets hurt Fitz would figure he'd be starting eventually.
lol

#9 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,391 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

I didn't want to lose FItz in the first place. He would have been the perfect backup/ mentor for EJ. But that ship has sailed. Thad Lewis might be a better qb than Fitz at this point.

#10 sandyclam

sandyclam

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 14 February 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

The way EJ gets hurt Fitz would figure he'd be starting eventually.
  You made my day with this one....

#11 QB Bills

QB Bills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

The fact that there are some people out there who still want Ryan Fitzpatrick anywhere near this team's roster makes me sad.

#12 Yard Monkey

Yard Monkey

    Been here a long time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

View Postsandyclam, on 14 February 2014 - 05:04 PM, said:

You made my day with this one....
Why?

#13 KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

I don't want him back but I still root for him like crazy. All heart and tough as hell. Too bad his arm talent just isn't good enough.

#14 the skycap

the skycap

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Fitz, his magic and beard are done in Buffalo! Thanks for the memories!?

#15 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,817 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

He will make a good backup somewhere. But I am not sure Buffalo and Fitz need a second dance.

Cinci makes a better fit for him.

#16 Noodlearm

Noodlearm

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

HaHa you guys kill me. Next thing you'll be telling me Bob Dylan is doing car commercials!

#17 benderbender

benderbender

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Why not bring back Donte Whiff-ner while we're at it?

#18 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

View PostC.Biscuit97, on 14 February 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

I didn't want to lose FItz in the first place. He would have been the perfect backup/ mentor for EJ. But that ship has sailed. Thad Lewis might be a better qb than Fitz at this point.
He left us . and kept the ring.
Bitch

#19 swnybillsfan

swnybillsfan

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

i love fitz and really wish there were a way that would have worked out for the team and for himself. i just think that too much happened and too recently for him to be back in buffalo. but yeah, i think he would have been the ideal backup/mentor.

#20 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

View PostNoodlearm, on 14 February 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

HaHa you guys kill me. Next thing you'll be telling me Bob Dylan is doing car commercials!
Bob would never sell out

View Postswnybillsfan, on 14 February 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

i love fitz and really wish there were a way that would have worked out for the team and for himself. i just think that too much happened and too recently for him to be back in buffalo. but yeah, i think he would have been the ideal backup/mentor.
I thought the same





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fitzpatrick