Jump to content


Stevie Johnson should be dealt addition by subtraction


  • Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#1 BmoreBills

BmoreBills

    Team Kelly, United

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

From Tim Graham. Thank God. Now hopefully we can finally finish the work we started by drafting Woods and Goodwin, and get this offense built up like it should be.

Edited by Beerball, 17 February 2014 - 01:40 PM.


#2 SageAgainstTheMachine

SageAgainstTheMachine

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'd advise against posting speculative articles and using a title that suggests it's already happened.

#3 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

tim graham being interviewed by bleacher report about cutting stevie johnson to make the team better.... its a perfect storm of terrible.

Edited by NoSaint, 14 February 2014 - 04:08 PM.


#4 BmoreBills

BmoreBills

    Team Kelly, United

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

Fixed.

#5 Numark

Numark

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostNoSaint, on 14 February 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

tim graham being interviewed by bleacher report about cutting stevie johnson to make the team better.... its a perfect storm of terrible.

It's like a bad car wreck, besides the part about wanting to look.

#6 paupmvp1995

paupmvp1995

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostBmoreBills, on 14 February 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

From Tim Graham. Thank God. Now hopefully we can finally finish the work we started by drafting Woods and Goodwin, and get this offense built up like it should be.
I am in total agreement.  Stevie Johnson is overrated.. I would move him for a third round pick in a heartbeat.  He brings zero leadership to the team.  Is always nicked up.  And his play does not overcome his childish selfish antics.. (He is NOT TO or Ocho Cinco in their prime)  We haven't won with him, so lets move him if at all possible.

Edited by Beerball, 15 February 2014 - 09:04 AM.


#7 Dorkington

Dorkington

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

We haven't won with any of our players. Cut them all.

Edited by Dorkington, 14 February 2014 - 04:19 PM.


#8 thebandit27

thebandit27

    Armchair Dynasty Architect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,369 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostDorkington, on 14 February 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

We haven't won with any of our players. Cut them all.

Precisely...in fact, we haven't won more than 7 games since Fred Jackson came here in 2006...he is the problem; cut him.

#9 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,038 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Posted Image

#10 SactoBillFan

SactoBillFan

    Thread Killer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Please stop the insanity...

#11 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,139 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostThe Big Cat, on 14 February 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Posted Image
hey!!! It's been 3 whole minutes since we started a "Trade Stevie Johnson" thread. Time for another one.



#12 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Can we just trade TIm Graham?

View Postpaupmvp1995, on 14 February 2014 - 04:17 PM, said:

I am in total agreement.  Stevie Johnson is overrated.. I would move him for a third round pick in a heartbeat.  He brings zero leadership to the team.  Is always nicked up.  And his play does not overcome his childish selfish antics.. (He is NOT TO or Ocho Cinco in their prime)  We haven't won with him, so lets move him if at all possible.

Says a guy who has never been in the Bills' lockerroom or talked to any players in the team. Every wr on the team will tell u SJ is a great leader.

#13 QB Bills

QB Bills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'd take it a step further. I say he sucks and has no business being even on a CFL roster. A team would be crazy to even give up an 8th round pick for him. Did you see him drop the ball against the Steelers the other day?? What kind of player can't catch a ball that hits him in the hands? Even I could have caught that.

Sure he's had a couple of decent years stats-wise, but imagine a decent receiver playing with the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards and EJ Manuel. My God...can you imagine the numbers??? I certainly think 2000 yards is not out of the question. And imagine the guy didn't have tattoos, didn't flash jewellery and only spoke in cliches??? I'm getting so excited. I better stop before I soil myself.



Now back to reality. This is from last year, but I hope everyone remembers how he schooled the new "best corner in the game" last season. And that's after some pretty good games against the old best corner in the game.

The guy is awesome. Better than even some of his supporters think. He has a truly unique talent at getting open that can't defined by the conventional measurables spouted by the mouth-breathing media. Just because our team has sucked in what feels like forever, doesn't mean we've been completely devoid of talent. Some fans sure make it feel that way.

Edited by Beerball, 15 February 2014 - 09:07 AM.


#14 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostQB Bills, on 14 February 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

I'd take it a step further. I say he sucks and has no business being even on a CFL roster. A team would be crazy to even give up an 8th round pick for him. Did you see him drop the ball against the Steelers the other day?? What kind of player can't catch a ball that hits him in the hands? Even I could have caught that.

Sure he's had a couple of decent years stats-wise, but imagine a decent receiver playing with the likes of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards and EJ Manuel. My God...can you imagine the numbers??? I certainly think 2000 yards is not out of the question. And imagine the guy didn't have tattoos, didn't flash jewellery and only spoke in cliches??? I'm getting so excited. I better stop before I soil myself.



Now back to reality. This is from last year, but I hope everyone remembers how he schooled the new "best corner in the game" last season. And that's after some pretty good games against the old best corner in the game.

The guy is awesome. Better than even some of his supporters think. He has a truly unique talent at getting open that can't defined by the conventional measurables spouted by the mouth-breathing media. Just because our team has sucked in what feels like forever, doesn't mean we've been completely devoid of talent. Some fans sure make it feel that way.

Haha. Well done.

Edited by Beerball, 15 February 2014 - 09:08 AM.


#15 BmoreBills

BmoreBills

    Team Kelly, United

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostC.Biscuit97, on 14 February 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Can we just trade TIm Graham? Says a guy who has never been in the Bills' lockerroom or talked to any players in the team. Every wr on the team will tell u SJ is a great leader.

A great leader still has to produce and be a positive influence on the team. Marrone finally sees this act, and now we'll finally jettison SJ I hope. Defending this guy with some lame excuses that all his WRs think he's a great leader is just insane.

Edited by BmoreBills, 14 February 2014 - 05:12 PM.


#16 MRW

MRW

    Wannabe chessboxer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Well, at least when Graham asks Johnson how he'd feel if the team traded him, Stevie will know not to ask if Graham thinks they should.

#17 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,139 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

I'm gonna say it. I TRULY HOPE that Stevie gets traded. Not because I think he's bad. Bad for this team. Or overrated.

I want Stevie to be traded to a solid team with a serious chance to win a ring and show everyone how good he really is. Stevie on a team like Carolina, New England, or San Fran would be a sure pro bowler.

Good riddance Stevie. Good luck making all the idiot fans in Buffalo eat their words.

#18 KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostBmoreBills, on 14 February 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:



A great leader still has to produce and be a positive influence on the team. Marrone finally sees this act, and now we'll finally jettison SJ I hope. Defending this guy with some lame excuses that all his WRs think he's a great leader is just insane.

Stevie doesn't produce?

#19 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

View PostBmoreBills, on 14 February 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:



A great leader still has to produce and be a positive influence on the team. Marrone finally sees this act, and now we'll finally jettison SJ I hope. Defending this guy with some lame excuses that all his WRs think he's a great leader is just insane.

continually cutting players without replacements is not the path to success. if we draft a guy like watkins AND he plays well in his rookie year you consider making the move.  right now are receivers are barely nfl caliber, and cutting the best one does nothing to help that.

#20 curitiba

curitiba

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

SJ13!