Jump to content


Bills #2 in dead money


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 KRT88

KRT88

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...ad-money-totals

I hadn't seen anyone post this but the Bills have the second most dead money for this year, 12 million plus.  I know Fitzpatricks contract is a chunk of that, anyone know where it all came from?

#2 Sisyphean Bills

Sisyphean Bills

    Trusst Brandon

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

Mark Anderson was a big, recent flush of cap money.

#3 Kevin

Kevin

    Slumpbuster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Kelsay? Donald Jones? I'm just throwing names out there. Not sure what their hit is if any.

#4 BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

    Get Well Jim K

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostSisyphean Bills, on 23 February 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Mark Anderson was a big, recent flush of cap money.

Yeah his signing was a total miss by the Bills.  One of the reasons why regime changes are so painful.

#5 Sisyphean Bills

Sisyphean Bills

    Trusst Brandon

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostBuffaloBill, on 23 February 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

Yeah his signing was a total miss by the Bills.  One of the reasons why regime changes are so painful.

They spent some big money to gear up for the Wannstedt philosophy to play defense behind a dominant front-4.

The way it played out, it was like investing heavily in saddles a couple decades after everyone else in town is cruising around in their new Aventadors.


PS: So the Bills have the second highest amount of dead money and yet are $25 million under the cap.

http://forums.twobil...-under-the-cap/

#6 JM57

JM57

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostKRT88, on 23 February 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

http://espn.go.com/b...ad-money-totals

I hadn't seen anyone post this but the Bills have the second most dead money for this year, 12 million plus.  I know Fitzpatricks contract is a chunk of that, anyone know where it all came from?

Fitz, Anderson and Lindell account for almost 11 million IIRC

Edit: 11.375 for those three and another 500k for Brad Smith

Edited by JM57, 23 February 2014 - 09:44 AM.


#7 papazoid

papazoid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,805 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostKRT88, on 23 February 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

http://espn.go.com/b...ad-money-totals

I hadn't seen anyone post this but the Bills have the second most dead money for this year, 12 million plus.  I know Fitzpatricks contract is a chunk of that, anyone know where it all came from?

http://www.spotrac.c...s/cap-hit/2014/

(scroll down to the bottom)

#8 jr1

jr1

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

ANALYTICS

#9 TXBILLSFAN

TXBILLSFAN

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

It's mostly Fitz ($7M) and Anderson ($3M), and largely a moot point.  The Bills have enough cap space to sign their FA's and draft picks and also be a player in the mid-tier FA market.

#10 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostKRT88, on 23 February 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

http://espn.go.com/b...ad-money-totals

I hadn't seen anyone post this but the Bills have the second most dead money for this year, 12 million plus.  I know Fitzpatricks contract is a chunk of that, anyone know where it all came from?

In order for the Bills to step into the future from the lackey past they need to change 2 things in the franchise that hasn't been changed in for ever .

First who ever it is that allows this kind of contract writing (such as the Fitz debacle) to put the Bills in the position of not being able to use this extra cash . That being Jim Overdorf if i'm thinking correct ? He is a dinosaur it's time for them to move up in that area .

And second we need to up grade the training staff which Whaley & company are wanting to do .

http://bills.buffalo...ce-might-agree/

The trainer Bud carpenter has been on staff for some 19 years . Even though they have done a decent job in certain instances such as the quick reaction to helping Kevin Everett but they need to jump into the new stuff which the article will help to explain .

We all can attest to the Bills injury woes over the years , It seems as if we are one of the teams that always has a bunch of injuries . If they can get more preventative training it col help us get past a lot of these injuries .

These 2 things need to happen to not only to upgrade the Bills staff but to put back in the mix of being a more competitive & viable NFL franchise !!

#11 Sisyphean Bills

Sisyphean Bills

    Trusst Brandon

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostT master, on 23 February 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

And second we need to up grade the training staff which Whaley & company are wanting to do .

http://bills.buffalo...ce-might-agree/

The trainer Bud carpenter has been on staff for some 19 years . Even though they have done a decent job in certain instances such as the quick reaction to helping Kevin Everett but they need to jump into the new stuff which the article will help to explain .

We all can attest to the Bills injury woes over the years , It seems as if we are one of the teams that always has a bunch of injuries . If they can get more preventative training it col help us get past a lot of these injuries .

These 2 things need to happen to not only to upgrade the Bills staff but to put back in the mix of being a more competitive & viable NFL franchise !!

On the other hand, how many teams go through an NFL season injury free?

Perhaps it isn't that there are injuries as much as there isn't the sort of roster depth to adequately compensate for the injuries that are, statistically-speaking, inevitable.

#12 Nanker

Nanker

    Blls Nation Unite!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,413 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

I'm on board with canning a 20 year employee. Maybe we could line up and throw snowballs at him as he leaves the building for the last time.

#13 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

View PostNanker, on 23 February 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm on board with canning a 20 year employee. Maybe we could line up and throw snowballs at him as he leaves the building for the last time.

That would be overkill. Just fire him and tell him to never come back. :)

But there is a time for a change. Perhaps they can re-assign him to another position.

#14 TPS

TPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

I assume that means they'll have $12 million freed up for next year when they need to sign or extend several key players?

#15 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostT master, on 23 February 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

In order for the Bills to step into the future from the lackey past they need to change 2 things in the franchise that hasn't been changed in for ever .

First who ever it is that allows this kind of contract writing (such as the Fitz debacle) to put the Bills in the position of not being able to use this extra cash . That being Jim Overdorf if i'm thinking correct ? He is a dinosaur it's time for them to move up in that area .

And second we need to up grade the training staff which Whaley & company are wanting to do .

http://bills.buffalo...ce-might-agree/

The trainer Bud carpenter has been on staff for some 19 years . Even though they have done a decent job in certain instances such as the quick reaction to helping Kevin Everett but they need to jump into the new stuff which the article will help to explain .

We all can attest to the Bills injury woes over the years , It seems as if we are one of the teams that always has a bunch of injuries . If they can get more preventative training it col help us get past a lot of these injuries .

These 2 things need to happen to not only to upgrade the Bills staff but to put back in the mix of being a more competitive & viable NFL franchise !!

Can you elaborate on the concept of "preventative training?"  I'm under the impression that trainers deal with post-injury details.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9, 23 February 2014 - 02:29 PM.


#16 Sisyphean Bills

Sisyphean Bills

    Trusst Brandon

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,213 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

View PostNanker, on 23 February 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm on board with canning a 20 year employee. Maybe we could line up and throw snowballs at him as he leaves the building for the last time.

Where do we get our pitchforks and torches?

#17 BUNCH OF MULARKEY

BUNCH OF MULARKEY

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Maybe he wants to just hang out, collect unenjoyment and drink protein shakes and creatine..

#18 Dean Cain

Dean Cain

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

View PostSisyphean Bills, on 23 February 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:



Where do we get our pitchforks and torches?

In my spare time I moonlight as a private security contractor for RW Enterprises, Inc.

#19 Cville Bills

Cville Bills

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostSisyphean Bills, on 23 February 2014 - 05:36 PM, said:

Where do we get our pitchforks and torches?

Funny Dean.  As bills fans, we know we keep them in the front closet, ready for action on a moments notice.  And of course always a good idea to carry an extra set in the trunk.  (Just in case).

:flirt:

#20 sodbuster

sodbuster

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostBUNCH OF MULARKEY, on 23 February 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Maybe he wants to just hang out, collect unenjoyment and drink protein shakes and creatine..
Bills fans have been collecting unenjoyment for years.