Jump to content


Bills coaches want to move on from training staff, FO dysfunction


  • Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#1 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Mr. Pantiesinabunch Graham has a story this morning that Bills coaches would like to move on from Bud Carpenter and his "old school" training staff because their methodologies are "behind the times". I say the proof is in the pudding and get on with it. However the story suggests the front office is not behind the potential move. Who wins out?

Edited by Beerball, 24 February 2014 - 10:29 AM.
Modified title to include FO


#2 T master

T master

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,783 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

View PostFluffHead, on 23 February 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Mr. Pantiesinabunch Graham has a story this morning that Bills coaches would like to move on from Bud Carpenter and his "old school" training staff because their methodologies are "behind the times". I say the proof is in the pudding and get on with it. However the story suggests the front office is not behind the potential move. Who wins out?

http://bills.buffalo...ce-might-agree/

#3 Green Lightning

Green Lightning

    Mr. Peanut

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Time to move on. It's not Carpenter's age or longevity.  It appears to be his unwillingness to keep up to date in his field.

#4 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,662 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Well who in the front office dont want this change?



#5 Kellyto83TD

Kellyto83TD

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

'Marrone and Whaley also are said to be highly interested in changing the Bills' this-is-the-way-we've-always-done-it culture.'  Well if this is really Brandons team and he said its a 'New Era' Then he needs to listen to Marrone and Whaley and start with the Training staff.  I am sure there is much more that needs to be changed as well.  What is the definition of insanity?

View Postmarauderswr80, on 23 February 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Well who in the front office dont want this change?
  I would say Brandon aka he still answers to Ralph although he says he doesn't, Jeffery Littman the money man for Ralph Wilson etal.

View PostKellyto83TD, on 23 February 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

'Marrone and Whaley also are said to be highly interested in changing the Bills' this-is-the-way-we've-always-done-it culture.'  Well if this is really Brandons team and he said its a 'New Era' Then he needs to listen to Marrone and Whaley and start with the Training staff.  I am sure there is much more that needs to be changed as well.  What is the definition of insanity?


  I would say Brandon aka he still answers to Ralph although he says he doesn't, Jeffery Littman the money man for Ralph Wilson etal.
I am also willing to bet Whaley wants to handle Contracts now. That would put our long time capologist out of work. That would REALLY upset the apple cart

#6 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    "...I hope I'm wrong..."

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,513 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Ralph insists the team use those Jack Lalane workout videos. He paid good money to have a Betamax installed in the workout room, dagnabbit.

PTR

#7 l< j

l< j

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 23 February 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Ralph insists the team use those Jack Lalane workout videos. He paid good money to have a Betamax installed in the workout room, dagnabbit.

PTR

Of course the Betamax aren't worth much since they took the tvs out.

#8 QB Bills

QB Bills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

Video from the bills locker room.




#9 over 20 years of fanhood

over 20 years of fanhood

    if at first you don't succeed, maybe failure is your style

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,272 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 23 February 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Ralph insists the team use those Jack Lalane workout videos. He paid good money to have a Betamax installed in the workout room, dagnabbit.

PTR

Nice!

I thought they we much less injury prone this year if that means anything.


Was Carrington the biggest name to IR?

#10 Nanker

Nanker

    Blls Nation Unite!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,750 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostKellyto83TD, on 23 February 2014 - 10:55 AM, said:

What is the definition of insanity?
  
Reading and believing a Pantiesinabunch Graham article.

#11 jr1

jr1

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Byrd wants to leave because he's sick of being told to use a ThighMaster

#12 littlelouie

littlelouie

    Practice Squad

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Carpenter's system worked well for guys like Jack Kemp, Billy Shaw, Tom Sestak, and Jim Dunaway but it's too out dated for todays players.

#13 BUFFALOBART

BUFFALOBART

    This space for rent

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostQB Bills, on 23 February 2014 - 11:01 AM, said:

Video from the bills locker room.


They can install the Stadium replay screen from the '70's that was nothing more than closely spaced light bulbs....
Remember?

Edited by BUFFALOBART, 23 February 2014 - 11:28 AM.


#14 thebandit27

thebandit27

    Armchair Dynasty Architect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

If Marrone really wants those guys gone then it'll happen eventually.

#15 BADOLBEELZ

BADOLBEELZ

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

View PostFluffHead, on 23 February 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Mr. Pantiesinabunch Graham has a story this morning that Bills coaches would like to move on from Bud Carpenter and his "old school" training staff because their methodologies are "behind the times". I say the proof is in the pudding and get on with it. However the story suggests the front office is not behind the potential move. Who wins out?

So let me get this straight........your panties are also bunched as a result of this subject?  

Panties......official undergarment of TBDbags. :thumbsup:

#16 kdiggz

kdiggz

    Mayor of Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

I do feel there has been a high number of injuries on our team in recent years as well as a decline in performance in the 4th quarter. In training, it's important to switch it up and try new things. Let's get some new guys in there to shake things up

#17 Amstel

Amstel

    Ghost Rider

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Im all for it.   Teams need to be on the cutting edge when it comes to technology/methods of helping the players prepare for the season as well as preventing and treating injuries.....

#18 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,952 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

I've often wondered why NFL clubs are so behind the times with training and physical therapy/exercise.  There are many, many new and better programs to exercise an athlete beyond just straight muscle training and running.  Even if it is some hybrid Pilates, Yoga, Crossfit, plyometric, meditating mumbo jumbo I do not think it could be that hard to work on this.  Beyond that, the diet and intake need to be adjusted with these players.

#19 BillnutinHouston

BillnutinHouston

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

It's disturbing to me that a source was willing to speak on the record about this coach-FO rift to TG.  If there's a staff purge this week, we'll either know who the leak was or who won the power struggle.

#20 thebandit27

thebandit27

    Armchair Dynasty Architect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

View Postjboyst62, on 23 February 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

I've often wondered why NFL clubs are so behind the times with training and physical therapy/exercise.  There are many, many new and better programs to exercise an athlete beyond just straight muscle training and running.  Even if it is some hybrid Pilates, Yoga, Crossfit, plyometric, meditating mumbo jumbo I do not think it could be that hard to work on this.  Beyond that, the diet and intake need to be adjusted with these players.

Screw that!

Just squat, deadlift, bench, overhead press, and do weighted pull-ups!

Heck that's all I do and I'm strong as a bull...

...oh wait, I can't play football for shizz...never mind