Jump to content


So I wonder who Buffalo is Calling?


  • Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Kellyto83TD

Kellyto83TD

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

On NFL.com you can read where teams are calling FA's starting today ahead of FA starting Tuesday to get interest. So since Teams can call starting today, I wonder who Buffalo is calling?

#2 Jamie Nails

Jamie Nails

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Buddy Nix is sending a telegram to Mark Dominik to see if Jamon Merideth is available.

#3 marauderswr80

marauderswr80

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Gotta let the dust settle guys.....

#4 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

View PostKellyto83TD, on 08 March 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

On NFL.com you can read where teams are calling FA's starting today ahead of FA starting Tuesday to get interest. So since Teams can call starting today, I wonder who Buffalo is calling?

Why would you wonder who Buffalo is calling after saying stuff like this?

"I really need for fans to please, PLEASE after all these years and ralph owning the team for 50+ years to finally come to grips with something. Even if we had 100 million under the cap, we won't spend it. Ralph and more importantly Jeffery Littman will not allow it.  and when the cap hits say 160 mill in 3 years or so it won't matter if we have 10 million under or 50 million under, Buffalo won't have the money to spend that much.  I still think the league is going to rid themselves of teams that have proven that they can't stay competitive in today's market but increase the number of roster spots per team. I can easily see us going back to 28 teams.   If a team is costing the league money (extra revenue sharing but not putting much if any back in) then the right business move is to cut those teams."

#5 Coach Tuesday

Coach Tuesday

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostJamie Nails, on 08 March 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Buddy Nix is sending a telegram to Mark Dominik to see if Jamon Merideth is available.

HA

#6 KGUNBILLS

KGUNBILLS

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

View PostTriple Threat, on 08 March 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:



Why would you wonder who Buffalo is calling after saying stuff like this?

"I really need for fans to please, PLEASE after all these years and ralph owning the team for 50+ years to finally come to grips with something. Even if we had 100 million under the cap, we won't spend it. Ralph and more importantly Jeffery Littman will not allow it.  and when the cap hits say 160 mill in 3 years or so it won't matter if we have 10 million under or 50 million under, Buffalo won't have the money to spend that much.  I still think the league is going to rid themselves of teams that have proven that they can't stay competitive in today's market but increase the number of roster spots per team. I can easily see us going back to 28 teams.   If a team is costing the league money (extra revenue sharing but not putting much if any back in) then the right business move is to cut those teams."
Do you have anything to back this up, or is it speculation? Maybe a little frustration coming out as so many of us have felt over the years? Either way, I hope it's wrong. I for one kind of like that under dog role on any given sunday. It would be nice to start beating the Pats on a more consistent basis.

#7 Reed83HOF

Reed83HOF

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

View PostJamie Nails, on 08 March 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Buddy Nix is sending a telegram to Mark Dominik to see if Jamon Merideth is available.

Buddy is sleeping :flirt:

#8 Paulmac

Paulmac

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

Triple Threat

Easy there fella...you sound really bummed out but the NFL contracting to 28 teams in the near future...Cmon man the league is more popular than ever and revenue streaming among 32 teams is working...Chill bro things arent that bad...cheer up,, tomorrow is going to come and at least give the Bills a chance to blow(or not blow) their available cap money.before you post depressing stuff that IMHO has no basis in fact...I normally love your posts on TBD but somebody must have peed in your cornflakes today....hang in there fellow Bills fan!!!

#9 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    RIP Ralph Wilson

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,829 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostPaulmac, on 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Triple Threat

Easy there fella...you sound really bummed out but the NFL contracting to 28 teams in the near future...Cmon man the league is more popular than ever and revenue streaming among 32 teams is working...Chill bro things arent that bad...cheer up,, tomorrow is going to come and at least give the Bills a chance to blow(or not blow) their available cap money.before you post depressing stuff that IMHO has no basis in fact...I normally love your posts on TBD but somebody must have peed in your cornflakes today....hang in there fellow Bills fan!!!
Don't feed the trolls.

Edited by Why So Serious?, 08 March 2014 - 09:07 PM.


#10 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostTriple Threat, on 08 March 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Why would you wonder who Buffalo is calling after saying stuff like this?

"I really need for fans to please, PLEASE after all these years and ralph owning the team for 50+ years to finally come to grips with something. Even if we had 100 million under the cap, we won't spend it. Ralph and more importantly Jeffery Littman will not allow it.  and when the cap hits say 160 mill in 3 years or so it won't matter if we have 10 million under or 50 million under, Buffalo won't have the money to spend that much.  I still think the league is going to rid themselves of teams that have proven that they can't stay competitive in today's market but increase the number of roster spots per team. I can easily see us going back to 28 teams.   If a team is costing the league money (extra revenue sharing but not putting much if any back in) then the right business move is to cut those teams."
being a bills fan is being bipolar.  One day the ledge, the next day singing gayfully strolling thru the meadow.

#11 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostPaulmac, on 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Triple Threat

Easy there fella...you sound really bummed out but the NFL contracting to 28 teams in the near future...Cmon man the league is more popular than ever and revenue streaming among 32 teams is working...Chill bro things arent that bad...cheer up,, tomorrow is going to come and at least give the Bills a chance to blow(or not blow) their available cap money.before you post depressing stuff that IMHO has no basis in fact...I normally love your posts on TBD but somebody must have peed in your cornflakes today....hang in there fellow Bills fan!!!

Obviously fella you don't realize I'm not the one that said that.  It's in quotations.   Clearly I was saying that Kellyto83TD said it in a prior post.

#12 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostKGUNBILLS, on 08 March 2014 - 07:46 PM, said:

Do you have anything to back this up, or is it speculation? Maybe a little frustration coming out as so many of us have felt over the years? Either way, I hope it's wrong. I for one kind of like that under dog role on any given sunday. It would be nice to start beating the Pats on a more consistent basis.
he is quoting kellyto83 from another post.  The OP has said some wildly varying things and TT is only questioning why the OP is optimistic they're calling anyone when he has been so negative before

View PostPaulmac, on 08 March 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Triple Threat

Easy there fella...you sound really bummed out but the NFL contracting to 28 teams in the near future...Cmon man the league is more popular than ever and revenue streaming among 32 teams is working...Chill bro things arent that bad...cheer up,, tomorrow is going to come and at least give the Bills a chance to blow(or not blow) their available cap money.before you post depressing stuff that IMHO has no basis in fact...I normally love your posts on TBD but somebody must have peed in your cornflakes today....hang in there fellow Bills fan!!!
see above

To OP's question, though, I have a feeling that these are not going to be guys we will cheer for and be all that happy to hear about. It may be some teams #3 FB or someone's backup 3rd year OG that maybe Buddy Nix had high marks for out of college.  I think they're going to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find a few pieces of copper.

#13 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

Many are speculating the Bills will not do anything with any of the pricier FAs until they know what the result is with Byrd.

#14 The Wiz

The Wiz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostYoloinOhio, on 09 March 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Many are speculating the Bills will not do anything with any of the pricier FAs until they know what the result is with Byrd.
So around 4:03pm Tuesday afternoon.  Only because a 20+ page contract can take a few minutes to fax and sign.

Edited by The Wiz, 09 March 2014 - 11:45 AM.


#15 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,875 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostThe Wiz, on 09 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

So around 4:03pm Tuesday afternoon.  Only because a 20+ page contract can take a few minutes to fax and sign.
Perhaps, yes.

Roger Saffold would be a good call to make... thinking he could play G or T

#16 Jamie Nails

Jamie Nails

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

All I hope is that Byrd makes a quick decision and doesn't string us along. His indecision could cause us to miss out on others at the start of free agency.

#17 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostJamie Nails, on 09 March 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

All I hope is that Byrd makes a quick decision and doesn't string us along. His indecision could cause us to miss out on others at the start of free agency.
I think that the Bills have set the tone that they are not waiting on Byrd. He knows what they are offering but I would bet that is subject to change depending on whom they sign. They are going to execute their plan regardless of Byrd's intentions.

#18 Kellyto83TD

Kellyto83TD

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 08 March 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

Don't feed the trolls.
I guess Realists = Trolls now. Oh wait I forgot those who don't drink the kool aid = Trolls.

#19 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

View PostKirby Jackson, on 09 March 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

I think that the Bills have set the tone that they are not waiting on Byrd. He knows what they are offering but I would bet that is subject to change depending on whom they sign. They are going to execute their plan regardless of Byrd's intentions.
this is not meant as anything against you or anyone individually, especially since I do it to.  It is amazing how we draw so many straws, speculate so much and hold value in totally baseless information and speculation.

Again, I am not disputing what you say, especially because I agree. But its amazing. There maybe three people who frequent this place that may actually know something. Hah

#20 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostKellyto83TD, on 09 March 2014 - 12:28 PM, said:


I guess Realists = Trolls now. Oh wait I forgot those who don't drink the kool aid = Trolls.

Why would a realist care about our opinion on free agency?