Jump to content


Evans or Ebron?


  • Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

Poll: e vs e (223 member(s) have cast votes)

who would you draft

  1. evans (120 votes [53.81%])

    Percentage of vote: 53.81%

  2. ebron (103 votes [46.19%])

    Percentage of vote: 46.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 enlightener

enlightener

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Update-no saying youd take OL or anyone else, its assuming the brass is between these two guys

realistically both will be there for us.  Both are big imposing talents who help in the red zone.

I say Ebron since we just drafted 3 WRs with speed so drafting Evans has to take someone off the field be it SJ Woods TJ or Goodwin and replaces speed with size (like a TE could also do.)

Also w Ebron we could trade back 3-5 spots and still realistically get him and gain another pick.(maybe even a second)

Finally I see Ebron with less bust potential than Evans and a guy who finally gives us a true threat at TE which has been missing since the K-gun  (honorable mention to reimersma)

what do you think?  vote is with the stipulation that all other BPAs are gone, I.e. Watkins Mack etc.

Edited by enlightener, 18 March 2014 - 11:54 AM.


#2 ricojes

ricojes

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

View Postenlightener, on 18 March 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

realistically these two will be there for us.  Both are big imposing talents who help in the red zone.

I say Ebron since we just drafted 3 WRs with speed so drafting Evans has to take someone off the field be it SJ Woods TJ or Goodwin and replaces speed with size (like a TE could also do.)

Also w Ebron we could trade back 3-5 spots and still realistically get him and gain another pick.(maybe even a second)

Finally I see Ebron with less bust potential than Evans and a guy who finally gives us a true threat at TE which has been missing since the K-gun  (honorable mention to reimersma)

what do you think?  vote is with the stipulation that all other BPAs are gone, I.e. Watkins Mack etc.
That's what I am hoping for, a trade down and Ebron!  But I don't see it happening.  I feel like the Bills brass are content with what they have at TE....

Edited by ricojes, 18 March 2014 - 11:23 AM.


#3 Flip Johnson

Flip Johnson

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Chandler resigning tells me that this is not going to happen. Chandler is roughly league average in terms of offensive production. We're not resigning him and bringing in Moeaki to take a TE at #9.

#4 Bills Fan of Maryland

Bills Fan of Maryland

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

We're set at TE and Evans is big enough to play the role as a short yardage target, so in your poll I vote WR.  I'd rather we get one of the top two OTs or even the third.  I bet they all go early on day one.

#5 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

I would pick whichever can hold onto the ball, break tackles, go up for the ball and wrestle it from a DB, somewhat fast, strong, and has good vision on the field. Ebron, for a TE, is shorter than Evans but heavier by 20 lbs. Evans plays in a tougher conference and may be more "NFL ready". I'd take either one. Unless we take Evans and add 20 pounds of pure muscle...then we have a "slash" TE.

#6 TXBILLSFAN

TXBILLSFAN

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

Ebron.  But real vote is NEITHER.  My biggest draft day fear is Evans.  Bills just invested a 2nd, 3rd and another 3rd on WR's, in addition, this draft is deep and the difference between Evans and the guy they could get in 2nd or 3rd is not significant.  I want one of the OT's (Matthews or Robinson), if they are not there, I'm okay with Lewan or Barr (as rush end in Schwartz D).

#7 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostTXBILLSFAN, on 18 March 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Ebron.  But real vote is NEITHER.  My biggest draft day fear is Evans.  Bills just invested a 2nd, 3rd and another 3rd on WR's, in addition, this draft is deep and the difference between Evans and the guy they could get in 2nd or 3rd is not significant.  I want one of the OT's (Matthews or Robinson), if they are not there, I'm okay with Lewan or Barr (as rush end in Schwartz D).

I'm with you.

#8 Donald Duck

Donald Duck

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

Ebron!!!!!

#9 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,865 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

I'd go to OL, like others above if both of those are available.  And if both of those are available, I am trading back.  Even if it is not a big pick up, someone might want to move up.  Carolina!  I'd put the call in now to them.  Say "hey homie, so if we're at 9 and Evans is there, you interested in him?  We're not really looking to add him and you need WR's.  We would take your 1st, 3rd this year and 3rd next year - how's that sound?

We might even get their 1st and 2nd, the value would still be in their favor, at that point.  But, even to get their 2nd, I'd trade 4th rounds with them or something.

Edited by jboyst62, 18 March 2014 - 11:42 AM.


#10 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

I can't believe I actually agree with you on something but I'm 100% with you on this.

Trade back a few spots, pick up extra 2nd or 3rd, draft Ebron, use 2nd round pick on Benjamin, then use the rest of the draft on OL and LB.

#11 BmoreBills

BmoreBills

    Team Kelly, United

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I vote NEITHER by not voting... drafting a WR not named Watkins is silly with a #9 and goes against their plans if you look at last year, and we already have 5 TEs on the roster, so that should tell you we're not drafting Ebron.

Judging by our recent signings, I would have to go with Taylor Lewan, OT, or a trading scenario to either get Watkins or to trade down and to get more picks.

Edited by BmoreBills, 18 March 2014 - 11:43 AM.


#12 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,000 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

But I may use a 4th on the RB from Boston.

#13 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

At 9? Neither.  I think O-Line is most likely the pick, but I wouldn't discount Cinton-Dix IF he is the playmaker that Byrd was.  If they were willing to throw $7M at Byrd, I think the Bills would be open to drafting the right safety.

I'd be shocked if the Bills took the WR.

#14 1billsfan

1billsfan

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,357 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostFlip Johnson, on 18 March 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

Chandler resigning tells me that this is not going to happen. Chandler is roughly league average in terms of offensive production. We're not resigning him and bringing in Moeaki to take a TE at #9.

The top 5 tight ends in the league averaged 11.4 TDs last year. Scott Chandler had 2. Chandler is one of the worst starting TEs in the league...

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/TE

IMO they only signed Chandler because they needed a reliable second TE to go with a new offense featuring a 2 TE formation with Eric Ebron flexed out and with Johnson and Woods as the featured wide outs. I think Revis signing with the Pats for two years only solidifies the Bills picking Ebron who Revis can't cover even if they did move him from his island position on the outside.

As for Evans, he wouldn't even be on my first round board since I think he's got a high probability to be a bust as a first round pick. IMO the guy is built and plays like a TE and will be forced into the WR position which he just doesn't look athletic or agile enough to play at a high level.

Edited by 1billsfan, 18 March 2014 - 11:56 AM.


#15 enlightener

enlightener

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Rags   wow ! its a new dawn I guess lol

interesting, Ive read in other post how people despise the idea of going OL at 9, how Evans would be great at 9, now it may be Cinton Dix?  That some are now convinced it will be Ebron.  Im more confused than ever at how so many people are so "sure"of what the Bills will or wont do!

Edited by enlightener, 18 March 2014 - 12:02 PM.


#16 CountDorkula

CountDorkula

    Nana Nana Boo Boo, Im better than you. Stick your head in Doo Do

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:52 AM

Mike Evans is the biggest need for this team. A massive WR, who can jump (Best Verticle in the combine) is very fast, and does not drop a lot of balls.

Evans can win jump balls when EJ gets into scramble mode.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

OL can be found in the later rounds.

#17 Donald Duck

Donald Duck

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostCountDorkula, on 18 March 2014 - 11:52 AM, said:

Mike Evans is the biggest need for this team. A massive WR, who can jump (Best Verticle in the combine) is very fast, and does not drop a lot of balls.

Evans can win jump balls when EJ gets into scramble mode.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

OL can be found in the later rounds.

Seems like a no brainer to me that Buffalo will not draft a WR early on,

Bills WR corp already has plenty of untapped potential,

How about giving the guys we have a chance to gel ...

#18 sodbuster

sodbuster

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

I am voting "present."

#19 BigBuff423

BigBuff423

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postenlightener, on 18 March 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Update-no saying youd take OL or anyone else, its assuming the brass is between these two guys

realistically both will be there for us.  Both are big imposing talents who help in the red zone.

I say Ebron since we just drafted 3 WRs with speed so drafting Evans has to take someone off the field be it SJ Woods TJ or Goodwin and replaces speed with size (like a TE could also do.)

Also w Ebron we could trade back 3-5 spots and still realistically get him and gain another pick.(maybe even a second)

Finally I see Ebron with less bust potential than Evans and a guy who finally gives us a true threat at TE which has been missing since the K-gun  (honorable mention to reimersma)

what do you think?  vote is with the stipulation that all other BPAs are gone, I.e. Watkins Mack etc.

Well, the issue is as you stated, you're only picking if it's between those two at 9, if we're trading back, your voting scenario doesn't allow for that...and, b/c the BILLS just signed Chandler, and have Moekai through next season, not to mention a fast TE in Gragg and Rookie TEs, except for an extremely rare few, take a couple years to develop and Ebron would be asked to do things he hasn't done in college, I think Evans is the better bet plus, he doesn't have to carry the receiving workload for a group of WRs...plus, and this purely speculation, but I think the BILLS trade SJ at some point during the Off-Season, maybe during the Draft, and cut ties with Graham...

#20 offyourocker

offyourocker

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

I really can see us trade down if the top OL guys are gone.  Pittsburgh and especially Carolina are in dire need to wr.