Jump to content


Why no interest in Sidney Rice??


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 offyourocker

offyourocker

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

The guy is 6.4 and could the missing piece in our wr corp.  i know he comes off injury but sign him to a heavily incentive contract.  He is really good receiver.

#2 mrags

mrags

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,567 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

Wasn't he signed somewhere?

#3 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

The guy is gifted but seemingly never healthy enough to actualize his full potential.

#4 jeremy2020

jeremy2020

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

thought he died

#5 offyourocker

offyourocker

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 18 March 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

The guy is gifted but seemingly never healthy enough to actualize his full potential.

Agree.  I think we have decent wr corp and it could be low risk/ high reward to bring him in

#6 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,406 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

View Postoffyourocker, on 18 March 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

sign him to a heavily incentive contract.  He is really good receiver.

Perhaps sydney rice doesn't want a cheap incentive base contract and wants the contract of a really good WR?

Especially if poor qb play may hurt his chances to reach the incentives

Edited by NoSaint, 18 March 2014 - 12:42 PM.


#7 CardinalScotts

CardinalScotts

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

always hurt and 8 years removed from his 1 yes 1 special season......same reasons no one else is touching him

#8 KollegeStudnet

KollegeStudnet

    on like a mofo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

I would look into Miles Austin first

#9 offyourocker

offyourocker

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Miles would not bring anything wood can't do.  I would take Rice 748 yards from 2012.  I know he has not been great but he would bring that one dimension we are missing.

#10 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

View Postoffyourocker, on 18 March 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

I would take Rice 748 yards from 2012.  I know he has not been great but he would bring that one dimension we are missing.

I never even heard of Sidney Rice until he played for Seahawks in 2012.  Living in the area, I see a a lot of their games.  He had great year in 2012.  Maybe some may scoff that he only got 748 yards, but he caught many huge balls that year.  Several late 4th quarters catches for TDs or to set up TDs resulting in wins.  I remember one in particular where late int he 4th quarter Wilson throws a 40 yard pass or so to Rice who had a DB draped on him but he dove for it and caught it.  Seahawks went on to get the score and win.  He can go up in a crowd and come down with the football.

I'd roll the dice on the injury thing.  He did play 16 games in 2012 plus playoffs.

I'd even give him a big contract.  Sign him and still draft someone in the first 2 rounds like Watkins, Evans, or Moncrief.

Nothing helps a mediocre QBs like good sure handed WRs.

#11 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,645 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

Rice is made out of rice.

#12 H2o

H2o

    2014 - The Year of the Buffalo Bills

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Maybe if we come out of the draft without landing any of the big WR targets we are looking at, but not now. He had a monster year with Minnesota back in 2009 when they had Brett Favre and parlayed it into a nice contract. He has been brittle ever since. 2012 was his last full season and he didn't do much, but the Seahawks are a power/run first team anyway.

#13 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostH2o, on 18 March 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

2012 was his last full season and he didn't do much, but the Seahawks are a power/run first team anyway.

Obviously you didn't watch many Seahawks games in 2012 (no problem with that).  He was a monster.  He played a big part in the emergence of the Seahawks and Russel Wilson on the scene.  He was huge in many games.

He could greatly help our team and young QB.

#14 kickedface

kickedface

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

not really thinking glass joe would be worth it.

#15 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:31 PM

If the price is right, you must invite.

#16 offyourocker

offyourocker

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

View Postreddogblitz, on 18 March 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:



I never even heard of Sidney Rice until he played for Seahawks in 2012.  Living in the area, I see a a lot of their games.  He had great year in 2012.  Maybe some may scoff that he only got 748 yards, but he caught many huge balls that year.  Several late 4th quarters catches for TDs or to set up TDs resulting in wins.  I remember one in particular where late int he 4th quarter Wilson throws a 40 yard pass or so to Rice who had a DB draped on him but he dove for it and caught it.  Seahawks went on to get the score and win.  He can go up in a crowd and come down with the football.

I'd roll the dice on the injury thing.  He did play 16 games in 2012 plus playoffs.

I'd even give him a big contract.  Sign him and still draft someone in the first 2 rounds like Watkins, Evans, or Moncrief.

Nothing helps a mediocre QBs like good sure handed WRs.

Exactly why I want him.  Made big plays when needed.

View PostH2o, on 18 March 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Maybe if we come out of the draft without landing any of the big WR targets we are looking at, but not now. He had a monster year with Minnesota back in 2009 when they had Brett Favre and parlayed it into a nice contract. He has been brittle ever since. 2012 was his last full season and he didn't do much, but the Seahawks are a power/run first team anyway.

He won't be there comes draft time

#17 RyanC883

RyanC883

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 18 March 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

If the price is right, you must invite.

I like that line.  And I agree with it here.  He must be asking too much, because he would be a great addition with an incentive laden contract or games played contract since health is his main issue.

#18 Jamie Nails

Jamie Nails

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

We haven't pursued because we already have a poor man's version on our roster in 6'6' Ramses Barden

http://www.rotoworld...7/ramses-barden