Jump to content


All Bills Visitors in Updated Mock


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

http://www.drafttek....raft-Round1.asp #DraftTek’s CMD places recent #Bills visitors here, with their Big Board rankings in rank order. My best guess for the pick is in bold.  I'll try and keep this thread up to date with this post. If you know of visits or interest or personal workouts, let me know. -Astro

[UPDATED 4/11/14: Added ASJ, Hyde, and Aikens]

Each of the Bills’ past four 1st round picks has made pre-draft visits leading up to the event.


RD1#9- OT Jake Matthews (3), WR Watkins (4), TE Ebron (13), WR Evans (18), WR Beckham (22), DE Scott Crichton (31), OT Zack Martin (35), OLB Shazier (34) CB Roby (36)

RD2#41- RB Carlos Hyde (44), TE Seferian-Jenkins (53), CBFS Bashaud Breeland (59),TE Niklas (63)

RD3#73- RB Jeremy Hill (103), RB Seastrunk (110)

RD4#109- WR Latimer (126), RB Andre Williams (138), RB Terrence West (147),

RD5#149- S Ahmad Dixon (155), CB Philip Gaines (152), CBFS Walt Aikens (161)

RD6#185-(Traded For WR Mike Williams)

RD7#224- CB Ross Cockrell (185), OG John Urschel  (214), ILB Preston Brown (217), OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (224)

UDFA
RB Terrance Cobb, Cumberlands

Edited by Astrobot, 11 April 2014 - 04:29 PM.


#2 Dennis in AZ

Dennis in AZ

    God bless you, Mary Wilson

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

I believe it was during the Senior Bowl that one of the commentators said that Zack Martin could be the first OT off the board on draft day.  I have not heard that sentiment echoed anywhere else, so it is likely one man's opinion (probably a gold domer).

Just more speculation to chew on for the next few weeks.

#3 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:23 PM

At spot #35 on our list, Martin is considered equally-good at LG and OT, either right or left side.

At spot #24, David Yankey is rated #1 OG above Martin on most sites, but Yankey is a steep dropoff if used at OT (slipping to #88). Versatility has value. Martin gets the visit.

View PostDennis in AZ, on 03 April 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

I believe it was during the Senior Bowl that one of the commentators said that Zack Martin could be the first OT off the board on draft day.  I have not heard that sentiment echoed anywhere else, so it is likely one man's opinion (probably a gold domer).

Just more speculation to chew on for the next few weeks.
You have it almost right. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler spoke with 5 NFL personnel men, 3 of which said Notre Dame OL Zack Martin would be the first Senior Bowl prospect selected. It got misinterpreted because of the OTs who opted not to play.

#4 Dennis in AZ

Dennis in AZ

    God bless you, Mary Wilson

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostAstrobot, on 03 April 2014 - 07:23 PM, said:

Martin gets the visit.

You have it almost right. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler spoke with 5 NFL personnel men, 3 of which said Notre Dame OL Zack Martin would be the first Senior Bowl prospect selected. It got misinterpreted because of the OTs who opted not to play.
Ah ha!  I did not remember the fine print on that one!

Do you mean Zack Martin is scheduled to visit the Bills?

#5 billsfan89

billsfan89

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

The more I look at this draft the more I feel the Bills need a trade down badly. If they could trade down into the 22-16 range and pick up a extra 2nd rounder that would be huge for them. They have a decent amount of holes to fill and getting that extra pick while still picking in the middle of the 1st would be huge.

#6 Hatszel

Hatszel

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:03 AM

I see a scenario where the QB's drop and the Browns come in and offer their second 1st round pick and a 2nd rnd and 4th to get their QB  they may get Mack with their first pick.   I think that equals the points for the move. Benjiman would be available there martin and yankey for the second round, te or lb in the 3rd!   I would like this !

#7 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    When your number is called you got to make a play!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:20 AM

View PostHatszel, on 04 April 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

I see a scenario where the QB's drop and the Browns come in and offer their second 1st round pick and a 2nd rnd and 4th to get their QB  they may get Mack with their first pick.   I think that equals the points for the move. Benjiman would be available there martin and yankey for the second round, te or lb in the 3rd!   I would like this !
If that happens we're heading to Bonerville!

What's interesting is that the Bills first round pick has visited OBD since Maybin.

That list has me worried. If Evans and Watkins are off the board when the Bills pick at #9, Ebron is a huge reach at #9 overall.  I hope some top shelf, safety net tackles visit OBD soon.

#8 nucci

nucci

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,019 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

View Postbillsfan89, on 03 April 2014 - 08:03 PM, said:

The more I look at this draft the more I feel the Bills need a trade down badly. If they could trade down into the 22-16 range and pick up a extra 2nd rounder that would be huge for them. They have a decent amount of holes to fill and getting that extra pick while still picking in the middle of the 1st would be huge.
Don't people say this every year?

#9 Iraq Vet

Iraq Vet

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Has anyone every gotten the 6th round in a mock draft correct?.....  5th or 4th or even 3rd?

It is fun and all... but really? :beer:

#10 Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

I'd rather see them take another lineman in the 3rd, a guard rather than a TE.  We have a log jam and TE right now on the roster, it's not like def backfield where you keep eight or nine, you only need three and we already have like five.

PS one more to 2000!!!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch, 04 April 2014 - 07:02 AM.


#11 75Bills

75Bills

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostEd_Formerly_of_Roch, on 04 April 2014 - 07:02 AM, said:

I'd rather see them take another lineman in the 3rd, a guard rather than a TE.  We have a log jam and TE right now on the roster, it's not like def backfield where you keep eight or nine, you only need three and we already have like five.

PS one more to 2000!!!
The Quality from Quantity approach at TE...interesting!

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 04 April 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

If that happens we're heading to Bonerville!

What's interesting is that the Bills first round pick has visited OBD since Maybin.

That list has me worried. If Evans and Watkins are off the board when the Bills pick at #9, Ebron is a huge reach at #9 overall.  I hope some top shelf, safety net tackles visit OBD soon.
Is Evans scheduled to visit?

Edited by 75Bills, 04 April 2014 - 07:15 AM.


#12 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    When your number is called you got to make a play!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,071 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

View Post75Bills, on 04 April 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

The Quality from Quantity approach at TE...interesting!
Is Evans scheduled to visit?
I don't know what CMD is but I thought Astro's post was a list of all the recent or scheduled visitors to OBD and the round they're likely to be drafted.

#13 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

I've updated the visit list to include Ebron, Crichton, and Jeremy Hill, and eliminated the RD6 pick we sent to Tampa Bay for Mike Williams.

-Lots of lower RD1 picks; I think we're trading down in RD1 into the BAL range.

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 04 April 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

I don't know what CMD is but I thought Astro's post was a list of all the recent or scheduled visitors to OBD and the round they're likely to be drafted.
You are correct; I'm just listing the Big Board rank of the visitors the Bills bring in.

The CMD is the Computer Mock Draft at DraftTek. Analysts like me fill in a Google Doc of the team's needs, and computer does the draft being careful not to reach too far on our Big Board. It tries for a P1 need first, and if the reach is too far, it takes the P2 need, and if the reach is too far, it takes the P3 need until all needs are picked. Analysts critique the selections in the first 2 rounds; I am the editor of those comments as well as the RB Analyst.

Edited by Astrobot, 05 April 2014 - 08:36 AM.


#14 FeartheLosing

FeartheLosing

    Just awesome!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostAstrobot, on 03 April 2014 - 06:39 PM, said:

http://www.drafttek....raft-Round1.asp #DraftTek’s CMD places recent #Bills visitors here, with their Big Board rankings in rank order. My best guess for the pick is in bold.  I'll try and keep this thread up to date with this post. If you know of visits or interest or personal workouts, let me know. -Astro


Bills Visit Mock Draft

RD1#9-WR Watkins (4), Evans (18), TE Ebron (13)
RD2#41- LB Shazier (34) OT Zack Martin (35), CB Roby (36)
RD3#73-S/CB Bashaud Breeland (59),TE Niklas (63)
RD4#109- RB Jeremy Hill (103), RB Seastrunk (110)
RD5#149- WR Latimer (126); RB Andre Williams (138), S Ahmad Dixon (155)
RD6#185-(Traded For WR Mike Williams)
RD7#224- CB Ross Cockrell (185)
Hi Astrobot

I have some news for ya. Zack Martin is one of my fav OT / OG in this draft, and he won't be there past the Dolphins at #19, and could be gone as early as #12 to the Giants. Then Martin's teammate, TE Troy Niklas won't make it out of the second round IMO.

While I really like some of the choices you made for the team to draft, I don't see a realistic way to draft the first few of them.

#15 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:53 AM

View PostDennis in AZ, on 03 April 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Ah ha!  I did not remember the fine print on that one!

Do you mean Zack Martin is scheduled to visit the Bills?
Yes.

#16 FeartheLosing

FeartheLosing

    Just awesome!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,331 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostHatszel, on 04 April 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

I see a scenario where the QB's drop and the Browns come in and offer their second 1st round pick and a 2nd rnd and 4th to get their QB  they may get Mack with their first pick.   I think that equals the points for the move. Benjiman would be available there martin and yankey for the second round, te or lb in the 3rd!   I would like this !
Man, I would love this scenario, as the Bills could steal Zack Martin away from the Dolphins, and still get a decent TE like Troy Niklas in the second, and then an OG Cyril Richardson - OG Gabe Jackson- in the second round. That would be an awesome first two rounds in my view.

Should the team make these moves in the draft I can see them giving the Patriots a run for the division this year. :D

#17 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostFeartheLosing, on 05 April 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

Hi Astrobot

I have some news for ya. Zack Martin is one of my fav OT / OG in this draft, and he won't be there past the Dolphins at #19, and could be gone as early as #12 to the Giants. Then Martin's teammate, TE Troy Niklas won't make it out of the second round IMO.

While I really like some of the choices you made for the team to draft, I don't see a realistic way to draft the first few of them.
The reason I like Beckham is his versatility. He'll be what Chris Williams was supposed to be.
I don't see Martin as a RD1#9 pick, but I think something's up that puts Martin in the Bills' mix. He's one of my favorite linemen (Matthews and Urschel are also on the radar).

#18 Astrobot

Astrobot

    TSW's Draft Droid

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,189 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostHatszel, on 04 April 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

I see a scenario where the QB's drop and the Browns come in and offer their second 1st round pick and a 2nd rnd and 4th to get their QB  they may get Mack with their first pick.   I think that equals the points for the move. Benjiman would be available there martin and yankey for the second round, te or lb in the 3rd!   I would like this !

Let's say CLE takes Watkins at 4, and Carr (or Bridgewater) fall to #9--not an unplanned scenario for the Bills IMHO.
Bills do your trade, According to this trade chart, highlighting CLE's picks,  
CLE gets our 9 [1350 pts] and we get CLE's
RD1#26  [700 pts]
RD2#35  [550]
RD4#106 [ 82].
The points work out, by the way, very nicely.

Here's the Mock of this. CLE is ecstatic and Bills are happy.

1 4 Cleveland Sammy Watkins WRF Clemson
1 9 Cleveland Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
------------
1 26 Buffalo Zack Martin OG/OT Notre Dame............(in for visit)
1 35 Buffalo Scott Crichton DE43 Oregon State .......(in for visit)
2 41 Buffalo Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame...................(in for visit)
3 73 Buffalo Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor...................(in for visit)
4 106 Buffalo Chris Smith DE43 Arkansas
4 109 Buffalo Jeremy Hill RBF LSU. .........................(in for visit)
5 149 Buffalo Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor......................(in for a visit)
6 185 Buffalo (Traded)
7 224 Buffalo Ross Cockrell CB Duke......................(in for visit)

This report was produced with Draft Tek's Draft Simulator: WWW.Drafttek.com.  Posting this report without giving the foregoing information is a copyright violation.

#19 75Bills

75Bills

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

View PostAstrobot, on 05 April 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Let's say CLE takes Watkins at 4, and Carr (or Bridgewater) fall to #9--not an unplanned scenario for the Bills IMHO.
Bills do your trade, According to this trade chart, highlighting CLE's picks,  
CLE gets our 9 [1350 pts] and we get CLE's
RD1#26  [700 pts]
RD2#35  [550]
RD4#106 [ 82].
The points work out, by the way, very nicely.

Here's the Mock of this. CLE is ecstatic and Bills are happy.

1 4 Cleveland Sammy Watkins WRF Clemson
1 9 Cleveland Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
------------
1 26 Buffalo Zack Martin OG/OT Notre Dame............(in for visit)
1 35 Buffalo Scott Crichton DE43 Oregon State .......(in for visit)
2 41 Buffalo Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame...................(in for visit)
3 73 Buffalo Lache Seastrunk RB Baylor...................(in for visit)
4 106 Buffalo Chris Smith DE43 Arkansas
4 109 Buffalo Jeremy Hill RBF LSU. .........................(in for visit)
5 149 Buffalo Ahmad Dixon SS Baylor......................(in for a visit)
6 185 Buffalo (Traded)
7 224 Buffalo Ross Cockrell CB Duke......................(in for visit)

This report was produced with Draft Tek's Draft Simulator: WWW.Drafttek.com.  Posting this report without giving the foregoing information is a copyright violation.
I think Crichton is a huge reach at that point

#20 the skycap

the skycap

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostHatszel, on 04 April 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

I see a scenario where the QB's drop and the Browns come in and offer their second 1st round pick and a 2nd rnd and 4th to get their QB  they may get Mack with their first pick.   I think that equals the points for the move. Benjiman would be available there martin and yankey for the second round, te or lb in the 3rd!   I would like this !

Hey!!! I ran this trade scenario in a different post.