Jump to content


Who Don't You Want at 9?


  • Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:49 PM

There are a lot of threads on here discussing who we should take at 9. This thread will be about who you DON'T want to see taken at 9 that could actually be an option for us. Basically, who is most likely to make you scream WTF when our pick is announced?

My WTF pick would be Ha Ha Clinton Dix. If we let go of one of the best safeties in the league only to reach for a safety at 9, I will likely throw my pint glass at the TV.

Second would be Manziel. I'm just not a believer.

#2 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostKikoSeeBallKikoGetBall, on 14 April 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

There are a lot of threads on here discussing who we should take at 9. This thread will be about who you DON'T want to see taken at 9 that could actually be an option for us. Basically, who is most likely to make you scream WTF when our pick is announced?

My WTF pick would be Ha Ha Clinton Dix. If we let go of one of the best safeties in the league only to reach for a safety at 9, I will likely throw my pint glass at the TV.

Second would be Manziel. I'm just not a believer.

You're gonna need a bigger glass.

Seriously, they are in a great position to take the BPA on their board. We're gonna get a good player.

GO BILLS!!!

#3 KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostK-9, on 14 April 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:



You're gonna need a bigger glass.

Seriously, they are in a great position to take the BPA on their board. We're gonna get a good player.

GO BILLS!!!

I think and hope you are right. But part of me just kind of expects the inevitable punch to the gut we generally get anytime things seem to be going our way.

#4 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostKikoSeeBallKikoGetBall, on 14 April 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

I think and hope you are right. But part of me just kind of expects the inevitable punch to the gut we generally get anytime things seem to be going our way.

I hear ya. We're all like Pavlov's dogs in that regard. We just assume an electric shock but maybe we'll get a biscuit this time.

GO BILLS!!!

#5 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

It would be so Bills to draft a DB named HaHa at 9.

#6 eme123

eme123

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

My brain tells me to take one of the LT's but my gut says don't pass on Ebron.

#7 maddenboy

maddenboy

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:21 PM

I started this same thread 2 weeks before the Dareus draft.  Because I didnt want Cam.

Today, I dont want OT Lewan.   I just dont want the 3rd best of anything in the 9 hole.   Including QB.

#8 K-9

K-9

    Long Timer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

View Postmaddenboy, on 14 April 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

I started this same thread 2 weeks before the Dareus draft.  Because I didnt want Cam.

Today, I dont want OT Lewan.   I just dont want the 3rd best of anything in the 9 hole.   Including QB.

But if that 3rd best anything is still the best football player on the board, why not?

GO BILLS!!!

#9 maddenboy

maddenboy

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

well, possibly because I can get the Best of something else, then still get the 3rd or 4th or 5th best OT later.

The top 10 is for special players.  Game-changers.  These are the tired phrases used.

But it just doesnt . . . feel right to draft the 3rd best anything at 9.

#10 BuffaloRebound

BuffaloRebound

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:49 PM

If Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Robinson and Matthews are all gone, gotta hope someone wants to trade up for one of the QB's.

Edited by BuffaloRebound, 14 April 2014 - 09:54 PM.


#11 jr1

jr1

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'll be disappointed with a defensive player since the Bills scored 105 less points than the Pats in the regular season

#12 ExWNYer

ExWNYer

    Hopeful Bills romantic at heart...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

View Postmaddenboy, on 14 April 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

I started this same thread 2 weeks before the Dareus draft.  Because I didnt want Cam.

Today, I dont want OT Lewan. I just dont want the 3rd best of anything in the 9 hole.   Including QB.
This is my stance, as well. No to Lewan.

#13 sodbuster

sodbuster

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Jonny Football.

I don't think he will be there at 9, but if he is there at 9 and gone at 10

#14 KOKBILLS

KOKBILLS

    Master of My Domain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

I would not want any Defensive player at #9 unless his name is Clowney or Mack...

I'm also still not crazy about Lewan's off-field stuff...But I do think he would make a great addition to the O-line as a player... B-)

View Postmaddenboy, on 14 April 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

I started this same thread 2 weeks before the Dareus draft.  Because I didnt want Cam.

Today, I dont want OT Lewan.   I just dont want the 3rd best of anything in the 9 hole.   Including QB.

I'm a Michigan fan...And I'm not a huge supporter of Lewan because of the off-the-field stuff...I will say though that there is the belief among some that he will eventually be a better NFL player than Matthews...He is considered an elite prospect as an OT...You're not getting a 3rd best...You're more getting a guy that's tied for 2nd, with potentially a better upside than the guy he's tied with...You're getting an absolute elite athlete for the position...He's top notch athletically...But you're also getting a guy with off-field questions NFL teams have to be comfortable he's answered... B-)

#15 Rocky Landing

Rocky Landing

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

View PostKikoSeeBallKikoGetBall, on 14 April 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

I think and hope you are right. But part of me just kind of expects the inevitable punch to the gut we generally get anytime things seem to be going our way.
What'd I miss? Is something going our way?

#16 the skycap

the skycap

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:45 PM

View Postjr1, on 14 April 2014 - 10:00 PM, said:

I'll be disappointed with a defensive player since the Bills scored 105 less points than the Pats in the regular season

But if the Bills had a player that prevented the Pats from completing 60% on third and long then the points wouldn't add up. We need a player on defense to make opposing teams know they weren't completing this possession, ala Cornelius Bennett, Bryce Paup!

#17 smapdi

smapdi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Pretty much any defensive player @ 9 other then Clowney or Mack. Both will be gone so if the pick isn't offense, I will definitely be saying wtf.

The offense is just so far behind & they invested a 1st in Manuel last year; they need to get him some help. I'm all for the first 3 picks going offense unless someone shocking falls. The line definitely needs a new RT & getting a OG that could push for a starting job would be nice. Also need a new TE. Too many holes on offense to ignore

#18 Rocky Landing

Rocky Landing

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

View Postsmapdi, on 14 April 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

Pretty much any defensive player @ 9 other then Clowney or Mack. Both will be gone so if the pick isn't offense, I will definitely be saying wtf.

The offense is just so far behind & they invested a 1st in Manuel last year; they need to get him some help. I'm all for the first 3 picks going offense unless someone shocking falls. The line definitely needs a new RT & getting a OG that could push for a starting job would be nice. Also need a new TE. Too many holes on offense to ignore
I absolutely agree with this. BOPA.

#19 Rob's House

Rob's House

    I ain't no frickin monument to justice

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

View Postmaddenboy, on 14 April 2014 - 09:32 PM, said:

well, possibly because I can get the Best of something else, then still get the 3rd or 4th or 5th best OT later.

The top 10 is for special players.  Game-changers.  These are the tired phrases used.

But it just doesnt . . . feel right to draft the 3rd best anything at 9.

I wonder if the Browns are glad they opted for the #1 TE over the #3 QB in 2004.

#20 machine gun kelly

machine gun kelly

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:02 AM

No to Safety, RB, QB.

yes to most talented T, DE, TE, or possibly WR if special.