Jump to content


A better back up.


  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 bowery4

bowery4

    "‘Chance favors the prepared mind‘’

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:36 PM

Terrelle Pryor

http://www.rotoworld.../terrelle-pryor

With EJ's injuries last year I wish we would pick Terrelle up, kind of the same player as Thad but better. Expected to be released Monday.

#2 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:22 AM

I'm in.  If we can pick him up as a FA, go for it.  I saw him play some last year and he looked pretty good.

And, he has better tattoos than EJ!

I would feel 100% better with him coming off the bench than Tuel Time.

He wants to start, but don't we all.

#3 Dragonborn10

Dragonborn10

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:17 AM

I will take Aaron Murray in the fourth round instead.

#4 Kellyto83TD

Kellyto83TD

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

He wants to start and Buffalo's Brass will not bring in anyone to actually compete with EJ and make him earn/win the job

#5 Chandler#81

Chandler#81

    Veteran

  • Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:53 AM

View PostKellyto83TD, on 17 April 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

He wants to start and Buffalo's Brass will not bring in anyone to actually compete with EJ and make him earn/win the job

sadly, I agree..

#6 bowery4

bowery4

    "‘Chance favors the prepared mind‘’

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:11 AM

Wants to start. So no....hmmm I still think you sign him if you can.

#7 Bills Fan of Maryland

Bills Fan of Maryland

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

Missing on a legitimate back up QB once Kolb went down was a big miss last year.  We seem better positioned at this point but could use an upgrade.

#8 machine gun kelly

machine gun kelly

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

No - we need a Wiley veteran.  I assume in Dallas they release Ortin.  I like a vet who knows his role and is happy to help EJ.  Also, you want a guy who can come in off the bench and win a few games.

If I wasn't worried about psych issues, Freeman would have been that guy, but the Giants picked him up.

#9 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,470 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

Oh the guy Matt Mcgloin beat out? Yeah I want him

#10 Manther

Manther

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostKellyto83TD, on 17 April 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

He wants to start and Buffalo's Brass will not bring in anyone to actually compete with EJ and make him earn/win the job
That's not true.  They brought in Kolb last year.  What FA QBs were out there this year to bring in  I don't think anyone better than Thad.  They have pretty much said they are not draftig a QB in the first round this year.  But, they can still draft a QB this year.  I think if Pryor is out there the Bills will kick the tires on him as I think they are going over most options all the time.

#11 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

Pryor, IMO, is not even as good of a passer as Thad.  I'd take a pass on him.  We already have guys who can run fast.

#12 billsgpr88

billsgpr88

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:35 AM

Honestly, I wasn't too discouraged with Thad last year... He doesn't have the best pocket presence or the strongest arrm, but he shows more heart than any QB on the bills I've seen in the last decade. There were a few plays last year where he got drilled and still made the throw, and got up screaming and jumping around like a special teams player making a big hit on the first kickoff of a home game. I love seeing that passion on the field, wish I could see that more from EJ.

Edited by billsgpr88, 17 April 2014 - 07:35 AM.


#13 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,499 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

View Postbowery4, on 16 April 2014 - 11:36 PM, said:

Terrelle Pryor

http://www.rotoworld.../terrelle-pryor

With EJ's injuries last year I wish we would pick Terrelle up, kind of the same player as Thad but better. Expected to be released Monday.
I have to completely disagree that he is kind of the same player as Thad, and that he is a better QB than Thad. Better in college, maybe. Better runner/faster, yes. Better passer? leader? judgment? no 3x.

View PostKellyto83TD, on 17 April 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

He wants to start and Buffalo's Brass will not bring in anyone to actually compete with EJ and make him earn/win the job
Bringing in Tattoos Pryor for that mission would be a fake competition.

View Postreddogblitz, on 17 April 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

I'm in.  If we can pick him up as a FA, go for it.  I saw him play some last year and he looked pretty good.

And, he has better tattoos than EJ!

I would feel 100% better with him coming off the bench than Tuel Time.

He wants to start, but don't we all.
:sick:

#14 chris heff

chris heff

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

View Postmachine gun kelly, on 17 April 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

No - we need a Wiley veteran.  I assume in Dallas they release Ortin.  I like a vet who knows his role and is happy to help EJ.  Also, you want a guy who can come in off the bench and win a few games.

If I wasn't worried about psych issues, Freeman would have been that guy, but the Giants picked him up.
I agree, the Bills are all in with EJ, so why not bring in a player/coach as backup?

#15 BlueFire

BlueFire

    OU Still Sucks!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,256 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostDragonborn10, on 17 April 2014 - 03:17 AM, said:

I will take Aaron Murray in the fourth round instead.

I would too, but according to Gil Brandt he's a second rounder.

#16 Cleveland Rocks?

Cleveland Rocks?

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:47 AM

He would make a great wide receiver! I'd like the Browns to pick him up but I don't think he is allowed back in the state of Ohio.

#17 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,824 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

Assuming Manuel has the full confidence of the coaching staff, I am satisfied with Lewis as the backup.
Bringing in a good vet to help mentor them both is a good idea if they can get one at a good price.

#18 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostBlueFire, on 17 April 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

I would too, but according to Gil Brandt he's a second rounder.
Then he IS a 2nd rounder

#19 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,499 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

View PostCodeMonkey, on 17 April 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

Assuming Manuel has the full confidence of the coaching staff, I am satisfied with Lewis as the backup.
Bringing in a good vet to help mentor them both is a good idea if they can get one at a good price.
This

#20 JPS

JPS

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

So we want castoff QBs from the Raiders??? And they are currently in the market for a franchise QB…..

Doesn't anyone else see a problem here?

THERE IS NO WAY THE BILLS PICK UP TERRELL PRYOR.