Jump to content


Schopp; Bills losing reason for Dareus issue


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,120 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:57 PM

I can't believe the stuff Mike Schopp says sometimes. Just now he suggested that players like Dareus get into trouble because they don't respect the Bills enough to behave because we don't win enough.

He brought up the Patriots as an example of a team that never has player issues like this. Seriously, Mike? Did you get hit in the head recently? Does the name Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

Edited by PromoTheRobot, 03 June 2014 - 02:58 PM.


#2 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

    When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

What an idiot....

CBF

#3 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    Read The FN Manuel

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,738 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 03 June 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I can't believe the stuff Mike Schopp says sometimes. Just now he suggested that players like Dareus get into trouble because they don't respect the Bills enough to behave because we don't win enough.

He brought up the Patriots as an example of a team that never has player issues like this. Seriously, Mike? Did you get hit in the head recently? Does the name Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

Mission accomplished....You're paying attention to him and posting about what he's saying.

#4 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,120 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 03 June 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:



Mission accomplished....You're paying attention to him and posting about what he's saying.
You are right, but you'd think he'd like not to be known as a idiot.

#5 Wayne Cubed

Wayne Cubed

    TBD's Local Shell Fish

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

Aldon Smith...

#6 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

"I mean look at the Patriots! They have only had one serial killer on their roster in the last 5 years. The Bills have numerous players involed with speeding violations." -Schoop

#7 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'm listening. They are hoping to find a Sabres angle somewhere, and I have not given up that it will happen.

Now Joe B is on to talk about his Sherlock Holmes pics of the paint chips off the Jag. Riveting.

#8 bladiebla

bladiebla

    Bring back NFL Europe!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Sigh... That's just so wrong. With all the Bills players that have (or had) offfield issues there is one common denominator; they're relatively light as in "normal" boys growing up misbehaving. Pot? Alcohol before being 21? I'd say 95% of this board has been there pre-21 and prolly plenty worse, difference being we didnt have reporters writing about our misbehaviors whilst in college/highschool.

With regards to Dareus, he's prolly over compensating as a result of trying to deal with the grief of loosing his brother, the guy needs a hobby that he trully enjoys that doesn't take him to jails...

#9 Dorkington

Dorkington

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

It seems to be a culture issue in Buffalo, a lot of players are in on this drag racing thing, apparently.

Between that and a lack of certain people appearing at the OTAs, I have to wonder if most players just see Buffalo as an easy paycheck. They aren't expected to win or perform here, so why not just have fun and collect big money?

#10 dwight in philly

dwight in philly

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostKirby Jackson, on 03 June 2014 - 03:05 PM, said:

"I mean look at the Patriots! They have only had one serial killer on their roster in the last 5 years. The Bills have numerous players involed with speeding violations." -Schoop
i think hernandez has  O J beat by one ..

#11 thebandit27

thebandit27

    Armchair Dynasty Architect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

People still listen to this guy?

#12 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostDorkington, on 03 June 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

It seems to be a culture issue in Buffalo, a lot of players are in on this drag racing thing, apparently.

Between that and a lack of certain people appearing at the OTAs, I have to wonder if most players just see Buffalo as an easy paycheck. They aren't expected to win or perform here, so why not just have fun and collect big money?
Every team has players who get in trouble and skip OTAs, so I wouldn't blame the Bills.

View Postthebandit27, on 03 June 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

People still listen to this guy?
train wreck and all that

Edited by YoloinOhio, 03 June 2014 - 03:14 PM.


#13 Heitz

Heitz

    Professional Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

View Postbladiebla, on 03 June 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Pot? Alcohol before being 21? I'd say 95% of this board has been there pre-21 and prolly plenty worse

Yeah dude, but *I* never crashed my car when I used to drag race.  %holierthanthou

#14 KollegeStudnet

KollegeStudnet

    on like a mofo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

Mike Schoop cares only about one thing...

That one thing...

Hating Buffalo

#15 Dorkington

Dorkington

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostYoloinOhio, on 03 June 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

Every team has players who get in trouble and skip OTAs, so I wouldn't blame the Bills.

Hopefully!

#16 The Wiz

The Wiz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostKollegeStudnet, on 03 June 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

Mike Schoop cares only about one thing...

That one thing...

Hating Buffalo
Listening to himself is a close second.

I love listening to their show when he is on vacation.  Bulldog and Joe B were good yesterday.

#17 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

View Postdwight in philly, on 03 June 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

i think hernandez has  O J beat by one ..
Depending on whether he killed those people at Florida or not. I don't remember if he was questioned in a shooting or shooting death? Also, don't forget about his friend that he shot in the car too (and the hoards of other people that I suspect that he shot).

#18 dwight in philly

dwight in philly

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostKirby Jackson, on 03 June 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Depending on whether he killed those people at Florida or not. I don't remember if he was questioned in a shooting or shooting death? Also, don't forget about his friend that he shot in the car too (and the hoards of other people that I suspect that he shot).
well, i stand corrected, he has O J beat considerably then..

#19 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,120 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostDorkington, on 03 June 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

It seems to be a culture issue in Buffalo, a lot of players are in on this drag racing thing, apparently.

Between that and a lack of certain people appearing at the OTAs, I have to wonder if most players just see Buffalo as an easy paycheck. They aren't expected to win or perform here, so why not just have fun and collect big money?
So you think players can walk onto an NFL team and then mail it in and earn an easy paycheck?

Edited by PromoTheRobot, 03 June 2014 - 03:30 PM.


#20 seq004

seq004

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 03 June 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I can't believe the stuff Mike Schopp says sometimes. Just now he suggested that players like Dareus get into trouble because they don't respect the Bills enough to behave because we don't win enough.

He brought up the Patriots as an example of a team that never has player issues like this. Seriously, Mike? Did you get hit in the head recently? Does the name Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?
I heard that. He's an idiot at times, yet gives the impression he knows more.