Jump to content


2014 Bills OTAs Part 3 (June 9th - June 12th)


  • Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#1 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:36 AM

OTAs start back up today. Continued from the previous OTA threads: http://forums.twobil...014-bills-otas/ and http://forums.twobil...e-3rd-june-5th/

Bills feel more O-line size is wise in AFC East

Quote

Buffalo's offensive line has put a noticeable focus on size with their offseason acquisitions. Getting it to translate into more offensive success is the key.

6 reasons to get excited about the Bills RBs in 2014

Quote

Buffalo’s run game ranked second in the league last season and was first in total rushes from scrimmage in 2013.


#2 ALF

ALF

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

With 4 top RB's and a restocked OL , the running game should be the best in the NFL. ST's should also be a upgrade. Takes pressure off the passing game and gives defence a rest.

#3 BillsFanM.D.

BillsFanM.D.

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 09 June 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:

OTAs start back up today. Continued from the previous OTA threads: http://forums.twobil...014-bills-otas/ and http://forums.twobil...e-3rd-june-5th/


4:30 in the AM 26?  You're an animal.  Thanks for always keeping old guys like me in the loop.

#4 eball

eball

    Omar Sly

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,841 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:49 AM

4 days in a row of OTAs will be fun to follow.  Wonder if Branch/Lawson show up this week?

#5 HamSandwhich

HamSandwhich

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

F5 F5 F5 F5

#6 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

View PostBillsFanM.D., on 09 June 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

4:30 in the AM 26?  You're an animal.  Thanks for always keeping old guys like me in the loop.

I usually start my day pretty early and you're quite welcome.

#7 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

View PostBillsFanM.D., on 09 June 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

4:30 in the AM 26?  You're an animal.  Thanks for always keeping old guys like me in the loop.
Sammy was probably already out there practicing his routes! 26 is just trying to keep up.

#8 thebandit27

thebandit27

    Armchair Dynasty Architect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 09 June 2014 - 03:36 AM, said:


Stuff I found interesting:

Short yardage is another area where Buffalo wants to improve particularly down near the goal line. The Bills were pretty good on 3rd-and-1 conversions on the ground last year (76%), and although Buffalo was fifth in the NFL in red zone yards per carry (3.27) they stood 29th in the league in goal-to-go touchdown efficiency (61%).

Says two things to me:

1) The OL is very close to being utterly dominant (hoping Kouandjio and more stability at LG will be the difference)
2) Boy does/did this team need a red zone receiving threat

#9 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostYoloinOhio, on 09 June 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Sammy was probably already out there practicing his routes! 26 is just trying to keep up.

You're wrong, I text Sammy to wake him up. :lol:

#10 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,500 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:18 AM

Mike Rodak@mikerodak  3m
Resetting the Bills’ health as they begin their final week of OTAs: http://es.pn/TzH5gu

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 09 June 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

You're wrong, I text Sammy to wake him up. :lol:
Obviously!

#11 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Oh crap!
@StepnerWKBW
Marquise Goodwin walking off the field with what looks to be a right knee injury. #Bills

@StepnerWKBW
Goodwin was running down right sideline. Both Goodwin and Duke Williams were looking for ball in the air. Goodwin ran into Duke and fell.

@StepnerWKBW
Goodwin jogs back onto the field for special teams work. #Bills

@mikerodak
Sammy Watkins getting some reps as a kick returner in Monday's OTA. Goodwin just left practice.

@StepnerWKBW
Looks like Goodwin is done for the day after suffering an apparent right knee injury during 11on11 work. #Bills

#12 Braedenstearns

Braedenstearns

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 09 June 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:



You're wrong, I text Sammy to wake him up. :lol:

Haha! :) nice!

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 09 June 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Oh crap!
@StepnerWKBW
Marquise Goodwin walking off the field with what looks to be a right knee injury. #Bills

@StepnerWKBW
Goodwin was running down right sideline. Both Goodwin and Duke Williams were looking for ball in the air. Goodwin ran into Duke and fell.

@StepnerWKBW
Goodwin jogs back onto the field for special teams work. #Bills

‏@mikerodak
Sammy Watkins getting some reps as a kick returner in Monday's OTA. Goodwin just left practice.

@StepnerWKBW
Looks like Goodwin is done for the day after suffering an apparent right knee injury during 11on11 work. #Bills

Good for Sammy! Goodwin gets hurt way to much! !

#13 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

Can always count on this guy for sunshine. :rolleyes:

@mikerodak
Manuel having tough time with short middle patterns in 7v7s today. Had two batted down by CBs, then one intercepted by LB Preston Brown

@thadbrown7

Marrone not scheduled to address media today so unlikely to get any details on Goodwin injury. Rarely get anything substantial day of anyway

#14 Braedenstearns

Braedenstearns

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 09 June 2014 - 11:00 AM, said:

Can always count on this guy for sunshine. :rolleyes:

@mikerodak
Manuel having tough time with short middle patterns in 7v7s today. Had two batted down by CBs, then one intercepted by LB Preston Brown

@thadbrown7

Marrone not scheduled to address media today so unlikely to get any details on Goodwin injury. Rarely get anything substantial day of anyway

Isn't looking good. Manuel continues to have a lot of problems, and now Goodwin might be out... hope not for long. I'm guessing he is fine if they let him come back in though.



#15 thebandit27

thebandit27

    Armchair Dynasty Architect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostBraedenstearns, on 09 June 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Isn't looking good. Manuel continues to have a lot of problems, and now Goodwin might be out... hope not for long. I'm guessing he is fine if they let him come back in though.

No offense here; by what account does Manuel continue to have "lots of" problems?

Most of the reviews I've heard from OTAs have been relatively positive...showed strides of improvement with inconsistency mixed in.

#16 Mark Vader

Mark Vader

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,741 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostBraedenstearns, on 09 June 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Haha! :) nice!



Good for Sammy! Goodwin gets hurt way to much! !
I don't see how this is good for Sammy. We need Sammy playing as a WR not as a KR.

I hope Goodwin is alright.

#17 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,370 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

This is why the bills went hard on wide receivers in the offseason.......

Goodwin's best use to this team is the deep threat and special teams returner.......he simply is not an every down player....it doesnt mean that he can be a very important part of this team....the bills did a good job covering themselves in the wide reciever area.

Good to see Preston Brown intercepting passes

View Postthebandit27, on 09 June 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

No offense here; by what account does Manuel continue to have "lots of" problems?

Most of the reviews I've heard from OTAs have been relatively positive...showed strides of improvement with inconsistency mixed in.

You know good and well that people are going to read tweets the way they choose to.....why even bother to ask that question.   People that want EJ to be bad will continue to want

#18 thebandit27

thebandit27

    Armchair Dynasty Architect

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostJohn from Hemet, on 09 June 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

You know good and well that people are going to read tweets the way they choose to.....why even bother to ask that question.   People that want EJ to be bad will continue to want

There are a select few that are that way, I admit.  I don't think that's what the poster I quoted meant though--that's why I asked by who's account does EJ continue to have lots of problems; I'm sure he read it somewhere.

#19 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    10/8/14 - Welcome to Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,450 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

@StepnerWKBW

Quote

DE Bryan Johnson is down on the field. Having his left knee/leg looked at #Bills

UFA DE Bryan Johnson went down holding knee. Hes staying down. #Bills

Cart coming out for Johnson. Doesnt look good #Bills


#20 Braedenstearns

Braedenstearns

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

View Postthebandit27, on 09 June 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

No offense here; by what account does Manuel continue to have "lots of" problems?

Most of the reviews I've heard from OTAs have been relatively positive...showed strides of improvement with inconsistency mixed in.

No offense done! I actually meant to say "lots of little problems" Like you said inconsistency mixed in... Its not a big problem to not hit your WR in OTA's... That what OTA's are for, getting everybody learning new things and on the same page! Sorry, I should have said lots, My mistake, I apologize. its from all the twitter post if you were wondering. For me little things appear big because I want him to succeed, I don't know if that makes sense to you people or not,because I am a BIG Manuel fan! .

View PostJohn from Hemet, on 09 June 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

You know good and well that people are going to read tweets the way they choose to.....why even bother to ask that question.   People that want EJ to be bad will continue to want

Actually I am a big Manuel fan! that's why these "little" problems he is having look big to me. Because I want to see the guy I like succeed. But I guess I could have came across as a "Manuel Disliker!" I assure you I am not!

View Postthebandit27, on 09 June 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

There are a select few that are that way, I admit.  I don't think that's what the poster I quoted meant though--that's why I asked by who's account does EJ continue to have lots of problems; I'm sure he read it somewhere.

No I didn't mean that. Glad you noticed! But yes I was reading small things, and as I said small things appear big when you want someone to succeed to be the best.

View PostMark Vader, on 09 June 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

I don't see how this is good for Sammy. We need Sammy playing as a WR not as a KR.

I hope Goodwin is alright.

Its good because he is the Bills 1st round pick! its good if he can do great at different spots! look at Cordarrelle Patterson... Good WR and KR!

Edited by Braedenstearns, 09 June 2014 - 11:42 AM.