Jump to content


Nassib Watch


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 filthymcnasty08

filthymcnasty08

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

not looking good.....

http://nypost.com/20...le-with-giants/

#2 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

Someone here will want to sign him anyway.

#3 jboyst62

jboyst62

    Hall of Farmer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,271 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:55 PM

I cannot wait to start a "Sign N,a-Sabib.1$?!" thread.

#4 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,217 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

We were going to take him at 8, remember?

#5 the skycap

the skycap

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

And the "experts" said Barkley, Nassib and Tyler Wilson were better than EJ.

#6 drinkTHEkoolaid

drinkTHEkoolaid

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

View Postthe skycap, on 13 June 2014 - 09:12 PM, said:

And the "experts" said Barkley, Nassib and Tyler Wilson were better than EJ.

Lets hope they are wrong or we are in serious trouble.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid, 13 June 2014 - 09:31 PM.


#7 kdiggz

kdiggz

    Mayor of Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

If they cut him I hope we sign him. He knows the offense and could be a good backup. Reminds me of Jake Locker

#8 Mark80

Mark80

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

View Postkdiggz, on 14 June 2014 - 01:11 AM, said:

If they cut him I hope we sign him. He knows the offense and could be a good backup. Reminds me of Jake Locker

Facepalm.

#9 jr1

jr1

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

He scored a 41 on the Wonderlic but can't understand their playbook

#10 maryland-bills-fan

maryland-bills-fan

    UDFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:45 AM

This is no longer a topic for discussion.  Thad is better.

#11 GreggyT

GreggyT

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:51 AM

I have a feeling this will become my favorite thread in due course... :popcorn:

#12 swnybillsfan

swnybillsfan

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 13 June 2014 - 09:11 PM, said:

We were going to take him at 8, remember?
i was one of those.

#13 BringBackFergy

BringBackFergy

    Eternally Optimistic Some of the Time

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

There is no way we take Nassib if he's cut. We already have Marrone and Moore as coaches. NFL rules prohibit more than 2 Syracuse Alum in any one NFL city.  If he was from sayyyyy Hamilton Ontario, that would be ok.

#14 Nanker

Nanker

    Blls Nation Unite!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,559 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:20 AM

A slightly different view...

"• I saw three interceptions thrown by Ryan Nassib but will only give him the blame for one, a nice, clean pick by C.J. Barnett on a pass to Preston Parker. Another was on a pass tipped into Cooper Taylor's arms and a third was just Nassib completing his reads. It was a long-broken play but he still wanted to follow through with his wide receivers.

• Nassib is still taking the No. 2 reps and it should stay that way. He's thrown a few picks in OTAs so far but there are a lot of outside factors in play — the defense knows what is coming, the receivers are running the wrong routes, ect. Sure, a few of them have been on Nassib's shoulders but it hasn't been enough to raise alarms." Connor Orr, The Star-Ledger


That said, I'm so glad we didn't take him.

#15 over 20 years of fanhood

over 20 years of fanhood

    if at first you don't succeed, maybe failure is your style

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:41 AM

View Postjboyst62, on 13 June 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

I cannot wait to start a "Sign N,a-Sabib.1$?!" thread.

This is what that watch is really for.

View PostBringBackFergy, on 14 June 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

There is no way we take Nassib if he's cut. We already have Marrone and Moore as coaches. NFL rules prohibit more than 2 Syracuse Alum in any one NFL city.  If he was from sayyyyy Hamilton Ontario, that would be ok.

Grabbing Nassib and the Batavia stadium.... A veritable home run in luring in the lucrative Syracuse market.....</sarcasm font>

#16 simpleman

simpleman

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:47 AM

A quote from the article "Nassib’s problems stem mostly from his skittishness in the pocket. He has good size at 6-feet-2, 225 pounds, and a cannon arm, but anything resembling a strong rush often seems to result in happy feet, a short-armed throw or a poor decision."  What past Bill's QB could this describe after he took a bad hit in a game?

#17 Buffaloed in Pa

Buffaloed in Pa

    CLEAN PLAYER

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

Horrible then and Horrible now. Got me 2 points over that thread.

#18 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,062 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostNanker, on 14 June 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

A slightly different view...

"• I saw three interceptions thrown by Ryan Nassib but will only give him the blame for one, a nice, clean pick by C.J. Barnett on a pass to Preston Parker. Another was on a pass tipped into Cooper Taylor's arms and a third was just Nassib completing his reads. It was a long-broken play but he still wanted to follow through with his wide receivers.

• Nassib is still taking the No. 2 reps and it should stay that way. He's thrown a few picks in OTAs so far but there are a lot of outside factors in play — the defense knows what is coming, the receivers are running the wrong routes, ect. Sure, a few of them have been on Nassib's shoulders but it hasn't been enough to raise alarms." Connor Orr, The Star-Ledger


That said, I'm so glad we didn't take him.
I stopped reading right there. Anyone picked off by CJ Barnett should just go ahead and hang it up.

#19 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

Not trying to be a turd, but does anyone really care what Ryan Nassib is doing these days?  Anyone?

#20 jeremy2020

jeremy2020

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostJohnny Hammersticks, on 14 June 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Not trying to be a turd, but does anyone really care what Ryan Nassib is doing these days?  Anyone?

Season can't come fast enough