Jump to content


Sammy=Moulds


  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Braedenstearns

Braedenstearns

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

IMO, Eric Moulds was and is probably the best WR of the bills in the 2000's(21st century). I Know some people have compared him to Eric Moulds. The way he goes up for the Balls and His speed after the catch, He Looks like Eric Moulds. Any thoughts on this? Would you like Sammy to be like Eric Moulds?

#2 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

I think Sammy has some Moulds like attributes and skills, but athleticism wise, he is on another planet.

JMO

#3 HurlyBurly51

HurlyBurly51

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

I hope he develops quicker than Moulds did, and is ultimately better.

#4 TaskersGhost

TaskersGhost

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

View PostBraedenstearns, on 17 June 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

IMO, Eric Moulds was and is probably the best WR of the bills in the 2000's(21st century). I Know some people have compared him to Eric Moulds. The way he goes up for the Balls and His speed after the catch, He Looks like Eric Moulds. Any thoughts on this? Would you like Sammy to be like Eric Moulds?

Sammy had better put up a lot better numbers than Moulds for what we gave up to get him.  He also had better be far more consistent.

#5 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostTaskersGhost, on 17 June 2014 - 08:07 PM, said:

Sammy had better put up a lot better numbers than Moulds for what we gave up to get him.  He also had better be far more consistent.
Oh yes he better.

#6 TaskersGhost

TaskersGhost

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostHurlyBurly51, on 17 June 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

I hope he develops quicker than Moulds did, and is ultimately better.

If he doesn't he'll have been a complete waste of two 1st-rounders.  When a team puts that kind of faith in you you need to perform as rookie.

View Post3rdand12, on 17 June 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

Oh yes he better.

What, do you have a crystal ball?

#7 Kirby Jackson

Kirby Jackson

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,027 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostTaskersGhost, on 17 June 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:



If he doesn't he'll have been a complete waste of two 1st-rounders.  When a team puts that kind of faith in you you need to perform as rookie.



What, do you have a crystal ball?
Why do you post here?

#8 3rdand12

3rdand12

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostTaskersGhost, on 17 June 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

If he doesn't he'll have been a complete waste of two 1st-rounders.  When a team puts that kind of faith in you you need to perform as rookie.



What, do you have a crystal ball?
More than one.
looks like he is going to be a good investment , I see people smiling and cheering.
When a team puts that kind of investment in you. Hmm. Well i guess you better try your hardest to do the the very best you can. Any reason to think he wont ? Or doesn't . but i was referencing your acute use of better, as if he had better or else .
i think you will be pleased over the next 4 years or so with Sam Watkins. Both of my crystal balls say so :flirt:

#9 kdiggz

kdiggz

    Mayor of Pegulaville

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:34 PM

Moulds was a big physical receiver. Sammy is a totally different type of player. Not sure why the comparison. Yes, they are both good receivers that have played for the Bills. Sammy can be physical after the catch but he's going to rely on his speed to get open. They are going to have to be a little more creative in order to get Sammy the ball in space in order to utilize that speed. Screens, reverses, pick plays. I think he will have some growing pains early on but hopefully he stays with it and tightens up his down field routes and maybe if the defense starts playing him under he can turn it up on them and go deep. This is the year we really need to stretch the field. I hope Manuel is working on his deep ball

#10 hondo in seattle

hondo in seattle

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

I think Moulds, at his peak, was on of the best WRs the Bills have ever had.

I think Sammy is more athletic than Moulds and I'd be thrilled if he could match Moulds' '98 season.

#11 BillsPride12

BillsPride12

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

Two different types of receivers as mentioned above me.  Moulds game was more similar to Terrell Owens.  Where Sammy Watkins looks like he's gonna be the second coming of Julio Jones.  Btw Andre Reed is the greatest Bills WR of all time...as of right now :flirt:

#12 Braedenstearns

Braedenstearns

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:57 PM

View Postkdiggz, on 17 June 2014 - 08:34 PM, said:

Moulds was a big physical receiver. Sammy is a totally different type of player. Not sure why the comparison. Yes, they are both good receivers that have played for the Bills. Sammy can be physical after the catch but he's going to rely on his speed to get open. They are going to have to be a little more creative in order to get Sammy the ball in space in order to utilize that speed. Screens, reverses, pick plays. I think he will have some growing pains early on but hopefully he stays with it and tightens up his down field routes and maybe if the defense starts playing him under he can turn it up on them and go deep. This is the year we really need to stretch the field. I hope Manuel is working on his deep ball

Moulds was physical after the catch. I think Sammy will be better.

#13 Max997

Max997

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

There are similarities in their styles but Sammy is faster and prob more talented overall

Saying Moulds is the best WR the Bills have had this century isn't really going out in a limb.

#14 DanInUticaTampa

DanInUticaTampa

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

I politely ask you guys to stop quoting taksersghost. I have him blocked so I don't have to read his nonesense, and quoting him just subjects me to the mental pain I am trying to avoid

#15 QB Bills

QB Bills

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

Moulds was the most talented receiver I've ever seen on the Bills and that list includes Andre Reed.

#16 SJDK

SJDK

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

View PostQB Bills, on 17 June 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

Moulds was the most talented receiver I've ever seen on the Bills and that list includes Andre Reed.
I just for the life of me cannot see what form of reason or rational thought could possibly make you feel comfortable saying that. Maybe you could explain it to us? I mean moulds was bigger but I think that was his only edge. Reed was able to realize his potential and he was clutch x 2. Moulds was very good but he didn't have that legendary "make it happen" in him that Andre had and proved time and time again

#17 Triple Threat

Triple Threat

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

View PostSJDK, on 17 June 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

I just for the life of me cannot see what form of reason or rational thought could possibly make you feel comfortable saying that. Maybe you could explain it to us? I mean moulds was bigger but I think that was his only edge. Reed was able to realize his potential and he was clutch x 2. Moulds was very good but he didn't have that legendary "make it happen" in him that Andre had and proved time and time again

You know the clear argument is who each of them had throwing them the ball?  Sounds like that did need to be explained to you.  I actually agree that talent wise Moulds was the better receiver, not by a wide margin, but if I had to take one right now on this team it would be Moulds.

Edited by Triple Threat, 17 June 2014 - 11:34 PM.


#18 SJDK

SJDK

    Practice Squad

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostTriple Threat, on 17 June 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:



You know the clear argument is who each of them had throwing them the ball?  Sounds like that did need to be explained to you.  I actually agree that talent wise Moulds was the better receiver, not by a wide margin, but if I had to take one right now on this team it would be Moulds.
Sorry bud, you didn't convince me or most others in my opinion. Nice try. I think you need to look at the stats and the teams win/loss. It's pretty clear Andre was tops. Potential doesn't mean anything if not realized

Edited by SJDK, 18 June 2014 - 12:22 AM.


#19 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

    Kyle Williams 95

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,937 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:02 AM

View PostBraedenstearns, on 17 June 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

IMO, Eric Moulds was and is probably the best WR of the bills in the 2000's(21st century). I Know some people have compared him to Eric Moulds. The way he goes up for the Balls and His speed after the catch, He Looks like Eric Moulds. Any thoughts on this? Would you like Sammy to be like Eric Moulds?

I'd say Andre Reed is the best Bills WR and I'm hoping Watkins takes Jerry Rice's title of best ever.

#20 machine gun kelly

machine gun kelly

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostBillsPride12, on 17 June 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

Two different types of receivers as mentioned above me.  Moulds game was more similar to Terrell Owens.  Where Sammy Watkins looks like he's gonna be the second coming of Julio Jones.  Btw Andre Reed is the greatest Bills WR of all time...as of right now :flirt:

Good points.  I remember Moulds as well to have that long stride, and he did have sure hands.  He just played on a number of bad Bills teams.

The key to Sammy is how well he picks up his route running in the NFL.  He should be very exciting to watch.  I'm tempering my feelings on Sammy as it takes time for WR to develop, so he may not light up the field his first year.  It could be year 2 where he just turns into an absolute stud.