Jump to content


Ran into a Giant today


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 N5ZC

N5ZC

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

Was at lunch today and saw a guy wearing a NY Giants polo shirt.  Being a Bill's fan I got up walked over to him to let him know that Buffalo is the 'only' team that plays in NY.  He just looked down at me (I'm only 5'8") and said 'really'.

Turns out this was the guy:

http://www.nfl.com/d...burg?id=2543705

He went to Bushland High School which is just a couple miles west of Amarillo.  Pretty nice guy and his Dad mentioned that he loves the Bill's.

Rich
Amarillo TX

Edited by N5ZC, 11 July 2014 - 12:54 PM.


#2 KollegeStudnet

KollegeStudnet

    on like a mofo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Link not working

#3 Gugny

Gugny

    Please pray and send positive thoughts for Chef's umbrella.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostN5ZC, on 11 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Was at lunch today and saw a guy wearing a NY Giants polo shirt.  Being a Bill's fan I got up walked over to him to let him know that Buffalo is the 'only' team that plays in NY.  He just looked down at me (I'm only 5'8") and said 'really'.

Just curious ... what would prompt you to walk up to someone simply to tell them that Buffalo is the only team that plays in NY?

#4 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,907 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostGugny, on 11 July 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Just curious ... what would prompt you to walk up to someone simply to tell them that Buffalo is the only team that plays in NY?

+1

#5 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostGugny, on 11 July 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:


Just curious ... what would prompt you to walk up to someone simply to tell them that Buffalo is the only team that plays in NY?

You walk up and say something like that to a guy like Jimmy Spags, and you might get a gabbagootze right on the ol' braciole!!

#6 SF Bills Fan

SF Bills Fan

    Can I Play With Madness

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,278 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostN5ZC, on 11 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Was at lunch today and saw a guy wearing a NY Giants polo shirt.  Being a Bill's fan I got up walked over to him to let him know that Buffalo is the 'only' team that plays in NY.  He just looked down at me (I'm only 5'8") and said 'really'.

Turns out this was the guy:

http://www.nfl.com/d...burg?id=2543705

He went to Bushland High School which is just a couple miles west of Amarillo.  Pretty nice guy and his Dad mentioned that he loves the Bill's.

Rich
Amarillo TX

I admire your grit, but day you may get whacked.

#7 N5ZC

N5ZC

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

I just have to give fans of other teams flack, I can't stop myself.  I had no idea he was an actual Giant, I figured he was just a fan wearing the colors.

Link works here.  It's just draft info on Weston Richburg.  He was taken 43rd over all.

Rich

Edited by N5ZC, 11 July 2014 - 02:06 PM.


#8 MarkAF43

MarkAF43

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostN5ZC, on 11 July 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

I just have to give fans of other teams flack, I can't stop myself.  I had no idea he was an actual Giant, I figured he was just a fan wearing the colors.

Link works here.  It's just draft info on Weston Richburg.  He was taken 43rd over all.

Rich

One day someone will make sure you stop yourself by stomping your head in.  If you haven't noticed, there are some bat sh*t crazy fans out there.

#9 Gugny

Gugny

    Please pray and send positive thoughts for Chef's umbrella.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,272 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostN5ZC, on 11 July 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

I just have to give fans of other teams flack, I can't stop myself.  I had no idea he was an actual Giant, I figured he was just a fan wearing the colors.

Link works here.  It's just draft info on Weston Richburg.  He was taken 43rd over all.

Rich
I ran into a guy like you years ago at a pub whilst watching a MNF game.  The Bills weren't playing, but I was wearing my Buffalo jersey.  A youngster (about 21) wearing a Browns jersey (Browns weren't playing, either) came up to me, got about 3 feet from me and yelled, "Buffalo SUCKS!!" then walked away.

He was right.  Buffalo did suck.  But so did the Browns.  I still don't understand his motive.  I could almost understand if they were in the same division; but they didn't even play each other that year, so it truly made no sense.

Anyway, I hope you're at least under the age of 25.  You should really consider keeping thoughts like that to yourself unless they happen to come up in conversation.  You'd represent yourself a lot better that way.

Go Bills!

#10 Armchair GM

Armchair GM

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostGugny, on 11 July 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

I ran into a guy like you years ago at a pub whilst watching a MNF game.  The Bills weren't playing, but I was wearing my Buffalo jersey.  A youngster (about 21) wearing a Browns jersey (Browns weren't playing, either) came up to me, got about 3 feet from me and yelled, "Buffalo SUCKS!!" then walked away.

He was right.  Buffalo did suck.  But so did the Browns.  I still don't understand his motive.  I could almost understand if they were in the same division; but they didn't even play each other that year, so it truly made no sense.

Anyway, I hope you're at least under the age of 25.  You should really consider keeping thoughts like that to yourself unless they happen to come up in conversation.  You'd represent yourself a lot better that way.

Go Bills!

You should have yelled "Cleveland swallows!"

#11 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    "...I hope I'm wrong..."

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,852 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostGugny, on 11 July 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

Just curious ... what would prompt you to walk up to someone simply to tell them that Buffalo is the only team that plays in NY?
Death wish?

#12 Mark80

Mark80

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

I think it's funny.  It's all in how you say it and the look on your face.  If your dead serious and staring the dude down, yeah you may be asking for trouble.  But if you say it with a little smirk on your face, I'm sure it's fine.  Besides he's only 6'3" 300lbs, what could he have really done to you and your 5'8" frame?

#13 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,943 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

Really??  That was your put down?  Couldn't go with "yo dude, lay off the cheesecake"?  Or how about "Your mother's like a jet engine.  She sucks and blows and the same time"?  You need to work on that.

#14 FireChan

FireChan

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm more embarrassed to wear my Bills gear than usual after this topic.

#15 Nanker

Nanker

    Blls Nation Unite!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,892 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Ya gotta wonder how many players get some pissant coming up to them and mouthing off at them.
Wonder how many of them get a stomping.

#16 HamSandwhich

HamSandwhich

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostNanker, on 11 July 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Ya gotta wonder how many players get some pissant coming up to them and mouthing off at them.
Wonder how many of them get a stomping.

I guess we don't hear about it because the fan is probably too embarrassed by his own actions?

#17 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

    You want a beer? How about some ether?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostNanker, on 11 July 2014 - 04:35 PM, said:

Ya gotta wonder how many players get some pissant coming up to them and mouthing off at them.
Wonder how many of them get a stomping.

Funny.  My older brother got punched in the mouth by Cornelius Bennett at a bar in Buffalo.  My brother, while a very good person at heart, can be a rip roaring d-bag when he gets into the sauce.  Apparently, he started mouthing off to biscuit and must have crossed a line.

According to my brother, he punches like a girl (I don't believe him).

#18 CountryCletus

CountryCletus

    Pro Bowl

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Some people's kids...

#19 Pills -N- Bills

Pills -N- Bills

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

Whatever happen to the day when men walked around like they had a pair. I applaud you sir for having the balls to walk up to him and let him know who the real team in New York is. Personally I don't see anything wrong with what you did and who's to say that if the guy you said it to got all pissy  that he wouldn't be the one getting his butt kicked??!!!

Go bills

#20 ....lybob

....lybob

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,194 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

The real question is did he say it before or after he said " do you even lift bro?"