Jump to content


CANADA DOES NOT WANT THE BILLS


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 88what

88what

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

we love them, but we love them in buffalo.. why do you think we come to the games?  the atmosphere, the cheap american beer and the tailgating. you don't have that in canada and never will.... i'm getting so frustrated with most of bills nation thinking were trying to steal your team, we're not and we understand why...   you have serious trust issues

#2 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,470 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

I don't think anyone is mad at Canada :lol:

Just Bon Jovi. :censored:  that dude

:thumbsup:

#3 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

View Post88what, on 30 July 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

we love them, but we love them in buffalo.. why do you think we come to the games?  the atmosphere, the cheap american beer and the tailgating. you don't have that in canada and never will.... i'm getting so frustrated with most of bills nation thinking were trying to steal your team, we're not and we understand why...   you have serious trust issues

It's not you dude it is Jon Bon Jersey.

#4 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

View Post88what, on 30 July 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

we love them, but we love them in buffalo.. why do you think we come to the games?  the atmosphere, the cheap american beer and the tailgating. you don't have that in canada and never will.... i'm getting so frustrated with most of bills nation thinking were trying to steal your team, we're not and we understand why...   you have serious trust issues
All I Have to say is why do you drink cheap American beer? Yuck.



#5 Campy

Campy

    Mac Cailein Mor, ne obliviscaris!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

I don't think it's personal, most Bills fans I know love having our friends come down from Canada to hang out, joke about the Leafs and Sabres, and cheer the Bills.

And while most Canadians don't want to see the team in TO, a consortium of executives from MLSE & Rogers maneuvering ought to make any Bills fan - Canadian or American - more than little nervous.

#6 MTLBills

MTLBills

    Probation

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

I'm a Montreal-er, and I would NEVER support the Bills in Toronto. EVER. Buffalo is the best tailgate in the league and has the best, most loyal following. Which is why I became a Bills fan.

#7 TheFunPolice

TheFunPolice

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Canada is awesome, and most of Canada is against Toronto getting any NFL team, much less the Bills!

#8 The Underdog

The Underdog

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

I think Canadians are great. Nobody is mad at Canadian Bills fans as a matter of fact I think they are awesome. The Bills moving to Toronto thing hopefully will be put to rest soon by Buffalo's Batman, Terry Pegula.

#9 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostTheFunPolice, on 30 July 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Canada is awesome, and most of Canada is against Toronto getting any NFL team, much less the Bills!
Never in my life have I had a bad time in Canada and in particular TO. great city, great country.
Vancouver BC is my favorite Canadian city. Used to love taking the train to see the Sabres Habs games too.

#10 r00tabaga

r00tabaga

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Rush > Bon Jovi

#11 xsoldier54

xsoldier54

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostBest Player Available, on 30 July 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

All I Have to say is why do you drink cheap American beer? Yuck.
What he means is that no matter what beer you drink it is cheaper to buy in America than it is in Canada.

#12 Hammered a Lot

Hammered a Lot

    World Class Poster with Laser Focus

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

I wonder how the CFL feels about jovi!

#13 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,492 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

View Postxsoldier54, on 30 July 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

What he means is that no matter what beer you drink it is cheaper to buy in America than it is in Canada.
What I'm saying is Canadian beer brewed in Canada, is better than Canadian beer brewed in USA.
Alcohol content everything, but that a personal choice I guess.
Plus the choices are far better in Canada. Molson Stock Ale being just a single example.

#14 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,328 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

View PostTheFunPolice, on 30 July 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Canada is awesome, and most of Canada is against Toronto getting any NFL team, much less the Bills!
Have you noticed there has not been one news story about Toronto fans being excited about the NFL in TO? I went to the Fan590 website yesterday, the day the bids were made, and that story was nowhere to be found. What does that tell you?

#15 TheFunPolice

TheFunPolice

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 30 July 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Have you noticed there has not been one news story about Toronto fans being excited about the NFL in TO? I went to the Fan590 website yesterday, the day the bids were made, and that story was nowhere to be found. What does that tell you?

Good point!

And I agree: Rush > Bon Jovi!

Those guys are cool dudes too!

#16 CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,821 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostPromoTheRobot, on 30 July 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

Have you noticed there has not been one news story about Toronto fans being excited about the NFL in TO? I went to the Fan590 website yesterday, the day the bids were made, and that story was nowhere to be found. What does that tell you?
People there probably just aren't following it like we are.  JBJ just wants to be a member of the big boys club, but his partners are very experienced in sports ownership.  Don't think for a second they haven't done their homework with a billion dollar investment on the line.

Or, maybe the press in Canada just doesn't print speculation as much as their US counterparts do.

#17 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    TBD's franchise poster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,328 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostCodeMonkey, on 30 July 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:


People there probably just aren't following it like we are.  JBJ just wants to be a member of the big boys club, but his partners are very experienced in sports ownership.  Don't think for a second they haven't done their homework with a billion dollar investment on the line.

Or, maybe the press in Canada just doesn't print speculation as much as their US counterparts do.
What speculation? Talk to fans. Get a temperature. Talk to the media. Are Torontonians excited about being in the NFL? From what I can tell, not in the least. Any other city and there would some buzz,  even over just rumor.

Edited by PromoTheRobot, 30 July 2014 - 04:42 PM.


#18 KOKBILLS

KOKBILLS

    Master of My Domain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,277 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostTheFunPolice, on 30 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:


And I agree: Rush > Bon Jovi!

Those guys are cool dudes too!

^^^ This...times a trillion or so!!!  :thumbsup:

#19 BillnutinHouston

BillnutinHouston

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

View Postr00tabaga, on 30 July 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Rush > Bon Jovi

For that matter, Corey Hart and Celine Dion > Bon Jovi.

#20 MrLocke

MrLocke

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

Another Canadian here and I hate the idea of the Bills in Toronto!