Jump to content


I'm officially worried about Cordy Glenn

Cordy Glenn

  • Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    When your number is called you got to make a play!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

OK, so a very well respected poster stated in the past that it is no big deal and Glenn will be back in camp.

We're now 4 days away from the second pre season game and still no Glenn.

The good news is Henderson looked way better than expected, at least what I expected. He held his own against a pretty good Giants D-Line.

The bad news is, wtf is wrong with Glenn?

On a humanistic side I hope Glenn is alright, you think about all the possible worse medical conditions and hope he didn't get something terrible.

On a 2014 Playoff run side, Glenn is critical in making a realistic push. There was zero serviceable LT depth behind Glenn last year and now we might have found something with Henderson but who knows he is a rookie. If Glenn is not back soon, it may take awhile to get him into game shape or even worse he rushes back too fast and gets an injury.

I hope he is alright.

Any new sources of information out there?

(Mods, I couldn't find a recent Glenn thread, feel free to roll into an old one if you feel that is appropriate)

#2 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

Tim graham had a piece stating Glenn will be back for at least 1 pre season game and will start the opener. That on top of Kirby's info is good enough for me.

#3 metzelaars_lives

metzelaars_lives

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

Good to see the 'IN' thing has cooled off a bit.  I'm not too worried about it.  It is certainly curious though.  What in the world could be wrong with a dude that you can't just tell people what it is?

#4 PaattMaann

PaattMaann

    TBD's Resident Drunk

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

im worried about the "game shape" piece of it too...its a long off season to play a few snaps in one pre season game and expect to hit the ground running for an entire NFL season...its bad news regardless of when he comes back at this point

#5 FluffHead

FluffHead

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:42 AM

View Postmetzelaars_lives, on 05 August 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

What in the world could be wrong with a dude that you can't just tell people what it is?

Pretty much any medical condition

#6 Taro T

Taro T

    What do you want from life? Well, you can't have that, but

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

View Postmetzelaars_lives, on 05 August 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Good to see the 'IN' thing has cooled off a bit.  I'm not too worried about it.  It is certainly curious though.  What in the world could be wrong with a dude that you can't just tell people what it is?
It could be any of a number of things.  The fact he doesn't want his health history made public doesn't necessarily mean it is something debilitating / chronic / &/or embarrassing.   It just means he wants it kept private, which is his right.

#7 Buftex

Buftex

    JIM KELLY: the reason for the seasons!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,707 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

I beleive Marrone (or was it Whaley?) indicated that they fully expect Glenn back in camp, but said it wold likely be much closer to opening day of the regular season than it would the opening of the pre-season...if he is still out two and a half weeks from now, then you might worry.

#8 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,310 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

I personally think the bills are handling this perfectly.

Whatever the illness was nobody is required to tell us....but if it kept Cordy from getting into game shape then take the time needed to come back the right way so you dont go out with some kind of injury right off the bat OR if he isnt ready to take on the speed demon DE's then wait until he is before you put him in front of EJ in a game

#9 Buftex

Buftex

    JIM KELLY: the reason for the seasons!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,707 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

View Postmetzelaars_lives, on 05 August 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Good to see the 'IN' thing has cooled off a bit.  I'm not too worried about it.  It is certainly curious though.  What in the world could be wrong with a dude that you can't just tell people what it is?

I am not sure where i heard this, and I am not sure that it is accurate...but wasn't it supposed to be some sort of kidney issue?

#10 Why So Serious?

Why So Serious?

    When your number is called you got to make a play!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostFluffHead, on 05 August 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

Pretty much any medical condition

View PostTaro T, on 05 August 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

It could be any of a number of things.  The fact he doesn't want his health history made public doesn't necessarily mean it is something debilitating / chronic / &/or embarrassing.   It just means he wants it kept private, which is his right.

I understand HIPAA law. Needless to say NFL players' every medical hiccup is somehow made public.
It is an anomaly for a key player on an NFL team like Cordy Glenn to have complete radio silence about what is happening with his health.
Why should I care about Glenn's rights as an individual if every other NFL player's rights are violated.

View PostJohn from Hemet, on 05 August 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

I personally think the bills are handling this perfectly.

Whatever the illness was nobody is required to tell us....but if it kept Cordy from getting into game shape then take the time needed to come back the right way so you dont go out with some kind of injury right off the bat OR if he isnt ready to take on the speed demon DE's then wait until he is before you put him in front of EJ in a game
I personally couldn't disagree more vehemently. The Bills are handling this terribly.
If there is a vacuum of information then most will assume worst case scenario.

They can easily say, abdominal injury out 3-4 weeks if it were some kind of kidney issue, and it would put the issue to bed for 3-4 weeks.

The fact that there is no information is an anomaly and creates unnecessary fear, uncertainty and doubt.

View PostFluffHead, on 05 August 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Tim graham had a piece stating Glenn will be back for at least 1 pre season game and will start the opener. That on top of Kirby's info is good enough for me.
It is a Gaughan article. I found it here:
http://www.buffalone...opener-20140728

It still weird that it is a "Non-Football illness" with no official timetable on return.

Edited by Why So Serious?, 05 August 2014 - 10:00 AM.


#11 PaattMaann

PaattMaann

    TBD's Resident Drunk

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 05 August 2014 - 09:59 AM, said:

I understand HIPAA law. Needless to say NFL players' every medical hiccup is somehow made public.
It is an anomaly for a key player on an NFL team like Cordy Glenn to have complete radio silence about what is happening with his health.
Why should I care about Glenn's rights as an individual if every other NFL player's rights are violated.


I personally couldn't disagree more vehemently. The Bills are handling this terribly.
If there is a vacuum of information then most will assume worst case scenario.

They can easily say, abdominal injury out 3-4 weeks if it were some kind of kidney issue, and it would put the issue to bed for 3-4 weeks.

The fact that there is no information is an anomaly and creates unnecessary fear, uncertainty and doubt.

im with you on this...in todays world of nonstop media coverage of everything, the best way to handle it is to tell people SOMETHING, or they assume the worst...like it or not, professional athletes bodies and conditions dont have any privacy...

say something very vague at the worst...and everyone can move on...being all CIA about it does nothing to help the situation

#12 BigBuff423

BigBuff423

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

Maybe he had a vasectomy....and any strain for several weeks is a real risk...just a suggestion

#13 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

View Postmetzelaars_lives, on 05 August 2014 - 09:36 AM, said:

Good to see the 'IN' thing has cooled off a bit.  I'm not too worried about it.  It is certainly curious though.  What in the world could be wrong with a dude that you can't just tell people what it is?

In

#14 Best Player Available

Best Player Available

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostWhy So Serious?, on 05 August 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:




I understand HIPAA law. Needless to say NFL players' every medical hiccup is somehow made public.
It is an anomaly for a key player on an NFL team like Cordy Glenn to have complete radio silence about what is happening with his health.
Why should I care about Glenn's rights as an individual if every other NFL player's rights are violated.


I personally couldn't disagree more vehemently. The Bills are handling this terribly.
If there is a vacuum of information then most will assume worst case scenario.

They can easily say, abdominal injury out 3-4 weeks if it were some kind of kidney issue, and it would put the issue to bed for 3-4 weeks.

The fact that there is no information is an anomaly and creates unnecessary fear, uncertainty and doubt.


It is a Gaughan article. I found it here:
http://www.buffalone...opener-20140728

It still weird that it is a "Non-Football illness" with no official timetable on return.
"unnecessary fear"? Of what?  Come on it's a game. if you're a relative I am sure you would be up to date.
Hairston, had no reports last year. Why, should fans of a football team need to know,well anything non football
Injury related about a player?

#15 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:12 AM

View PostBest Player Available, on 05 August 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

"unnecessary fear"? Of what?  Come on it's a game. if you're a relative I am sure you would be up to date.
Hairston, had no reports last year. Why, should fans of a football team need to know,well anything non football
Injury related about a player?

Because you are a fan of a team, you own the players.  :) seriously, I just hope he is fine. And if it is nothing major, I look forward to him being a Bill this year.  Preseason is very overrated for veterans.

#16 NoSaint

NoSaint

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,353 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostPaattMaann, on 05 August 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:



im with you on this...in todays world of nonstop media coverage of everything, the best way to handle it is to tell people SOMETHING, or they assume the worst...like it or not, professional athletes bodies and conditions dont have any privacy...

say something very vague at the worst...and everyone can move on...being all CIA about it does nothing to help the situation

what needs to be helped? your inability to let it be? they are doing no damage to anything at all by respecting his wishes to keep it quiet, whatever it is.

am i a bit curious? sure. but that doesnt mean that the team owes me an answer.

i guess the ultimate question is why should anyone care if you or i fear the worst?

Edited by NoSaint, 05 August 2014 - 10:14 AM.


#17 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,635 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostNoSaint, on 05 August 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:



what needs to be helped? your inability to let it be? they are doing no damage to anything at all by respecting his wishes to keep it quiet, whatever it is.

am i a bit curious? sure. but that doesnt mean that the team owes me an answer.

i guess the ultimate question is why should anyone care if you or i fear the worst?


Agreed. Why do fans feel like athletes should get treated different than we do? Who would be cool with their workplace realizing their medical information?

#18 8and8Forever

8and8Forever

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

View PostFluffHead, on 05 August 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

Tim graham had a piece stating Glenn will be back for at least 1 pre season game and will start the opener. That on top of Kirby's info is good enough for me.
Yep.   All good as Henderson gets the reps he needs and keeps his head out of the weed(s).

#19 Matt in KC

Matt in KC

    I'm a fractal of the man I used to be...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostBigBuff423, on 05 August 2014 - 10:05 AM, said:

Maybe he had a vasectomy....and any strain for several weeks is a real risk...just a suggestion
Or maybe he had an in-grown toenail that required minor surgery and antibiotics.  I can see why he wouldn't want that reported in the media.

Or maybe he had warts removed; or maybe had a bone bruise he doesn't want future opponents to know about; or maybe. . . .

I'm glad people who know more are confident he'll be back.  I'm also glad to see Henderson getting all these repetitions.  Having him available to fill in, and some confidence in his ability is huge!

#20 The Big Cat

The Big Cat

    Prowling.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Fellas. Jesus.

Could be chicken pox.

Could be cancer.

Could be kidney stones.

Could be Crohn's.

Could be hernia.

Could be gas.

Could be adult-onset diabetes.

Could be a gluten intolerance.

Could be blood clots.

Could JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.

Whatever it is, telling or not telling the media aint going to change whether or not he's available to play. And really, that's the LAST of his priorities. So get over it and wait.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cordy Glenn