Jump to content


I love Thad; Not really love, but...OK, it is really love


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

Someone had to do it. (again) I waited and waited and waited.....

This is the anti(anti) other QB thread. The anti-other QB thread turned into an other QB love fest thread it seems.

So, who the **** knows where this is going.


Anyway.

Man, what happened to Thad? He may have been the only thing from us being THE cellar dweller last year.

The guy came in, studied hard and scooped up starts on an NFL team outta nowhere!

Sure, he mishandled the ball quite a bit, but when he got knocked down, he bounced back up in a jiffy and I was all like, YEAH! Go Thad!!!!

Don't tell me his game disappeared that fast!

Is he primed to make a late camp push and supplant the other QB as the numero dos?

This guy WON football games for us last year people. We shouldn't be so quick to X him off the roster.

Right?


Stay focused now kids. Thad Lewis is the topic.

Edited by You herd it hear last, 07 August 2014 - 03:31 PM.


#2 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

I love(d) Thad. I loved that he swept the Fish. I loved that he should have won the Cincy game if not for our D and ST. I loved that he played the entire NO game with busted ribs.

#3 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,276 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Fumblitis.

Loved how he played last year but he has been downright bad this year. He's Fitz with a better arm. Gutsy, he will make a wow throw here and there but then fumble the ball away

#4 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

I thought this was a love letter. Xoxo, Thaddeus. You made me gladdeus.

#5 transient

transient

    Reveling in all that is ludicrous

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

I love lamp.

#6 Dean Cain

Dean Cain

    DAS AUTO

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

A brief recap, lost on the road to New Orleans & the Patriots. Beat Fish on the road.

Lost at home to Cincy. Beat Fish at home.

Why are people so down on him losing at New Orleans & NE? Those are places NO ONE wins.

#7 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

    Ladies' Man

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,406 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:06 AM

View PostDean Cain, on 07 August 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

A brief recap, lost on the road to New Orleans & the Patriots. Beat Fish on the road.

Lost at home to Cincy. Beat Fish at home.

Why are people so down on him losing at New Orleans & NE? Those are places NO ONE wins.

Because we must overreact to what just happened!!!  Screw those regular season games! Did you see what happened in that preseason game?

Honestly, Thad strikes me as more of a gamer than a practice player. Hopefully, he'll get a shot with the 2s and look a lot better. Because he's the #3 qb right now.

#8 reddogblitz

reddogblitz

    Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

View PostC.Biscuit97, on 08 August 2014 - 12:06 AM, said:



Because we must overreact to what just happened!!!  Screw those regular season games! Did you see what happened in that preseason game?

Honestly, Thad strikes me as more of a gamer than a practice player. Hopefully, he'll get a shot with the 2s and look a lot better. Because he's the #3 qb right now.

Maybe he's 3rd in your book, but he's still firmly entrenched at 2based on his performance last year (and Tuel Time's).  

As you say, Thaddeus is a gamer whereas Tuel Time is A practice hero.

My only concern is the "brain" trust on our coaching staff and how they evaluate QBs.  These are the guys who had Tuel Time as 2nr string against acleveland because they were so worried someone was going to snatch him off the PS!  Who would do that?



#9 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

    All Pro

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,877 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

View Posttransient, on 07 August 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

I love lamp.
Posted Image

#10 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

View Postreddogblitz, on 08 August 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Maybe he's 3rd in your book, but he's still firmly entrenched at 2based on his performance last year (and Tuel Time's).  

As you say, Thaddeus is a gamer whereas Tuel Time is A practice hero.

My only concern is the "brain" trust on our coaching staff and how they evaluate QBs.  These are the guys who had Tuel Time as 2nr string against acleveland because they were so worried someone was going to snatch him off the PS!  Who would do that?

Are the virtues of Thad and Tuel comparable? Obviously they both struggled to protect the ball last year. Aside from that, what was missing from Thad's game that prevents him from challenging for the starting QB role?

#11 John from Hemet

John from Hemet

    Hall of Famer

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Thad has broken my heart because he should be better at this point

#12 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostJohn from Hemet, on 08 August 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Thad has broken my heart because he should be better at this point

So are we actually seeing a regression? He's a smart guy from UNC, so I can't imagine he slacked off over the offseason. He's had a whole year in the system. He showed some great stuff last year at times.

OR

Is it the coaches already know what they'll get from this guy and they're trying to bring the other guy up to speed?

#13 Rubes

Rubes

    The Doctor of Football...is IN

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,944 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

These guys are learning a new system between them and the WRs, one based on steps and timing. Things are going to be rough at the start.

I think Thad's got game, or at least the potential to be a solid backup. Guy didn't even have a pre-season last year. If he can cut down on the fumblies, I'm fine with him as a 2-4 week stopgap.

#14 Steve in Carolina

Steve in Carolina

    UDFA

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostYoloinOhio, on 08 August 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Posted Image
I have this lamp annd a floor one

View PostYou herd it hear last, on 08 August 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

So are we actually seeing a regression? He's a smart guy from UNC, so I can't imagine he slacked off over the offseason. He's had a whole year in the system. He showed some great stuff last year at times.

OR

Is it the coaches already know what they'll get from this guy and they're trying to bring the other guy up to speed?
Not UNC up the road at Duke

#15 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostSteve in Carolina, on 08 August 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

I have this lamp annd a floor one

Not UNC up the road at Duke

yep

#16 You herd it hear last

You herd it hear last

    RFA

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Ima bouta run this guy outta town. Come on Thad!