41 replies to this topic

#1 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

My boy Connor cook put in another solid night against Nebraska tonight. Didn't have the greatest stats but what I like about him is how he can thread the needle between defenders and perfectly place the ball for the WRs.

Throws the ball before WRs have turned for it which shows his comfort with the offense and receivers. This also translates well into the NFL as QBs who wait for the WRs to break throw more ints.

Also he can easily read the defense and go through progressions and when crunch time comes he comes through clutch. If He keeps playing like this we wont get him in the second if he comes out this yr, which might be better for us if he stays in and we get him 2016.

#2 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

another solid game today, had a few bad decisions today and needs to quit hoping when he throws sometimes but throws great on the run which comes in handy when plays break down. Pretty accurate on third down which is the most important down to come up big and can throw a bomb at will.

some bad coaching decisions in this game, like going for it on 4rth down and you hike it to a D-lineman on a fake punt :blink: .

Also getting conservative every time they get a big lead lets the other team get back into the game and now Purdue only needs a TD to tie with 2:20 to go :doh:

need to have killer instinct

fwew, pick 6 game over

#3 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:19 AM

Whole team played like crap first quarter until they realized they actually had to play a game and took over Indiana from there.

Cook looked great once he got going. The one play that stood was in the second half when it was 3rd and 9 deep in their own zone and he kept the play alive with defenders in pursuit, directed WR Tony Lippett, who made a spectacular catch, down field for a huge play. that is one of the attributes of great QBs; being able convert third downs under pressure.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian, 19 October 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#4 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

Looks like we have to wait till 2016, which is good because we no shot at him this year without a 1st rounder.

"On The Dan Patrick Show this week, Michigan State junior QB Connor Cook said he intends to bypass the 2015 NFL Draft and return to the Spartans for his senior season.

"That's the main goal," Cook said in response to possibly going pro early. "I've always talked about it with my parents and stuff, and you want to use up your eligibility. Michigan State's a great place, and I've had a lot of fun here and I had a lot of great relationships."

http://www.cbssports...o-return-to-msu

#5 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:03 PM

Well, I'll be watching him closely on Sat. Night. Go Bucks.

Yeah, I'm more than a little nervous. Not expecting a W. Really young team. Next year is our year.

Edited by YoloinOhio, 04 November 2014 - 10:03 PM.

#6 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:09 AM

Well, I'll be watching him closely on Sat. Night. Go Bucks.

Yeah, I'm more than a little nervous. Not expecting a W. Really young team. Next year is our year.

You spoke too soon

#7 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:21 AM

Even though they lost, I love Cook. This kid has it all, big arm, good size, tough runner and smarts. What I really like is his gunslinger attitude with out being overly reckless. He fires it right in there when a WR is covered by 3 guys and still completes the pass. Also he stand in the pocket til the last second and fires a strike the open receiver usually for a 3rd down conversion or TD. I'm glad he is probably staying in because we would have no shot at him this yr with no 1st rd pick.

#8 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:24 PM

Even though they lost, I love Cook. This kid has it all, big arm, good size, tough runner and smarts. What I really like is his gunslinger attitude with out being overly reckless. He fires it right in there when a WR is covered by 3 guys and still completes the pass. Also he stand in the pocket til the last second and fires a strike the open receiver usually for a 3rd down conversion or TD. I'm glad he is probably staying in because we would have no shot at him this yr with no 1st rd pick.

he was good. He made tough throws under pressure and his main WR was on lockdown all night.

I'm on cloud nine!!! Bucks came to win! I'm still drunk I think.

#9 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

Cook looking sharp again against Baylor, I hope somehow someway he ends up in Buffalo 0:) 0:) 0:)

#10 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:06 PM

Cook looking sharp again against Baylor, I hope somehow someway he ends up in Buffalo 0:) 0:) 0:)

sure soon as I say that he starts throwing grounders, it would also help if the WRs would catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

#11 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,764 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

sure soon as I say that he starts throwing grounders, it would also help if the WRs would catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

But comes up clutch in the end, which is all you can ask for in a QB !!!!!!!!!!

#12 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

#connorcook2016

#13 poblano

poblano

Practice Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:50 AM

Its a shame that the bills will not get a top5 pick ib 2016
as always if they suck is not enough

#14 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

Its a shame that the bills will not get a top5 pick ib 2016
as always if they suck is not enough

trade up!!

#15 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

Interesting he was not voted a captain by his teammates... Red flag?

#16 Blokestradamus

Blokestradamus

Respected Vice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:09 AM

Interesting he was not voted a captain by his teammates... Red flag?

He seemed pissed off by it, hopefully that's a good thing. It's not like he missed out to awful candidates either.

Connor needs to just worry about himself this year. Footwork and decision making really have to improve, he's got everything else.

Edited by Blokestradamus, 02 September 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#17 LeGOATski

LeGOATski

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Quiet night for Cook against W. Michigan, but he threw some impressive balls.

#18 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:56 PM

Quiet night for Cook against W. Michigan, but he threw some impressive balls.

he is getting raked over the coals on Twitter. That's what high expectations will get you.

I think he was 15-31. Next week will be interesting v Oregon. Ducks have a rebuilt DL but could score a lot of points so if they get in a shoutout..

#19 LeGOATski

LeGOATski

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

he is getting raked over the coals on Twitter. That's what high expectations will get you.

I think he was 15-31. Next week will be interesting v Oregon. Ducks have a rebuilt DL but could score a lot of points so if they get in a shoutout..

Yeah. I'd like to see his completion % up. I didn't watch the whole game, but I saw two great throws where one was dropped and the other WR failed to tap his foot in. Could've been a TD. Both were tight windows and well-placed. 

The Oregon game will be really good. 

#20 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,990 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:22 AM

Yeah. I'd like to see his completion % up. I didn't watch the whole game, but I saw two great throws where one was dropped and the other WR failed to tap his foot in. Could've been a TD. Both were tight windows and well-placed. 

The Oregon game will be really good. 

yep he can make all the throws IMO. He lost his #1 WR from last year but even he would drop passes last year so it's hard to put too much stock in that completion percentage.

I will also be watching Hackenburg vs. Temple at Lincoln Financial. He has a lot to prove.