41 replies to this topic

#21 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

Quiet night for Cook against W. Michigan, but he threw some impressive balls.

A little rusty last night but he will get in sync with his new receivers, he was great on 3rd down which is what you want out of your QB. Love the prostyle multiple offense they run, he has the arm and smarts to be a NFL QB and can only hope we get him

#22 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

yep he can make all the throws IMO. He lost his #1 WR from last year but even he would drop passes last year so it's hard to put too much stock in that completion percentage.

I will also be watching Hackenburg vs. Temple at Lincoln Financial. He has a lot to prove.

Hack had a bad yr in the spread he is a much better pro style QB, O'Brian really screwed him over by leaving. If he is bad again he should transfer to a school with a pro system (I think if your HC leaves you should be able to transfer without waiting for a yr to play, if the coach can leave so can the kids)

#23 LeGOATski

LeGOATski

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:42 PM

I will also be watching Hackenburg vs. Temple at Lincoln Financial. He has a lot to prove.

Slow start for him, too, so far. 

Just missed an open TD on a deep post. That's one he's expected to drop in the bucket.

#24 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:44 PM

This Clayton Thorson from Northwestern is a good run pass threat, maybe in a few yrs who knows.

#25 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,264 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Slow start for him, too, so far. 

Just missed an open TD on a deep post. That's one he's expected to drop in the bucket.

Hackenburg has been flat out bad tonight. Good. I am hoping he has an average year and slips to our pick. I think he is the type who would need to sit for a year maybe 2 but then could be a true franchise guy.

#26 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,581 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hackenburg has been flat out bad tonight. Good. I am hoping he has an average year and slips to our pick. I think he is the type who would need to sit for a year maybe 2 but then could be a true franchise guy.

i have a feeling Bill obrien will find a way to draft him next year. His draft stock is going to tumble though if he has more games like that against that level of competition.

Edited by YoloinOhio, 05 September 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#27 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 07:16 PM

Hoepfully

This Penn St Oline is brutal Hack getting killed

Nassib sighting .... :D .... kid is a lot bigger than his brother, maybe a DE for us down the road, I'v got a feeling we will be getting more PSt. players with Pegs here.

i have a feeling Bill obrien will find a way to draft him next year. His draft stock is going to tumble though if he has more games like that against that level of competition.

Can't believe with all your internet skills you haven't answered Gunnners thread B-)

#28 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:55 AM

Love the Mich St. uniforms, I'd trade em for the Bills right now.

#29 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

phew that was a close one, with the Ducks missing that guy wide open in the end zone. Another Solid game by Cook, looked sharper than last week, couple more weeks he will be in full stride, gona be a big game at Ohio St.

"Cook showed just how cool he is under pressure in Saturday’s third quarter when the Spartans faced fourth-and-six from the Oregon 34-yard line. Cook stood tall in the pocket and threaded a 28-yard completion to Aaron Burbridge. On the next play, Scott ran for a six-yard touchdown that broke a 14–14 tie.

Cook completed 20 of 32 passes for 192 yards with two touchdowns and one interception. He also probably helped his draft stock in a game attended by dozens of NFL scouts."

http://www.si.com/co...at-oregon-ducks#

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian, 13 September 2015 - 02:14 AM.

#30 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

"Connor Cook tossed four touchdown passes and the Michigan State defense forced three turnovers to triumph in a physical contest with Air Force.

The Spartans led comfortably throughout most of Saturday's contest on the way to the 35-21 victory, even with the Falcons outgaining them 428 yards to 324 yards.

Cook was 15 of 23 passing for for 247 yards, with three of his four touchdown passes going to senior receiver Aaron Burbridge before a crowd of 74,211 at Spartan Stadium."

http://www.mlive.com..._air_force.html

#31 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,581 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:09 AM

"Connor Cook tossed four touchdown passes and the Michigan State defense forced three turnovers to triumph in a physical contest with Air Force.
The Spartans led comfortably throughout most of Saturday's contest on the way to the 35-21 victory, even with the Falcons outgaining them 428 yards to 324 yards.
Cook was 15 of 23 passing for for 247 yards, with three of his four touchdown passes going to senior receiver Aaron Burbridge before a crowd of 74,211 at Spartan Stadium."

http://www.mlive.com..._air_force.html

74k?? Wth how small is that place?

#32 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:25 PM

74k?? Wth how small is that place?

well its not the Shoe that's for sure  :D

#33 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:18 AM

Don't know what's up with Cook this year, his accuracy is way off. I thought 5 games would be enough to get in sink with the new WRs but he just seems to be throwing behind his guys this yr.

#34 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:29 AM

but he sure is showing some wheels today

#35 4merper4mer

4merper4mer

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,443 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:26 AM

Don't know what's up with Cook this year, his accuracy is way off. I thought 5 games would be enough to get in sink with the new WRs but he just seems to be throwing behind his guys this yr.

Maybe he sucks.

#36 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,581 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:40 AM

He looks ok, but he's not lighting up teams that he should be at this point based upon projections. He's almost like a game manager.

Edited by YoloinOhio, 04 October 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#37 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

He looks ok, but he's not lighting up teams that he should be at this point based upon projections. He's almost like a game manager.

so far, he looked better last yr

#38 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:31 PM

Cook looking a lot better the past two weeks, should be the number 1 QB right now.

#39 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,581 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:53 AM

Cook looking a lot better the past two weeks, should be the number 1 QB right now.

mentioned in other thread but this morning Kiper projecting him in 2nd round

#40 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,821 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:14 PM

mentioned in other thread but this morning Kiper projecting him in 2nd round

well that is good news indeed