7 replies to this topic

#1 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,220 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

This is my workout plan for the 1st quarter of 2015.

I will be running 4 days a week, at least. Varying speeds and distances, but no less then 1.5 miles.

Every exercise has a link on how to do it if you want to add something to your workout.

Monday – ShouldersTuesday – Back & LegsWednesday – Chest

Thursday – Legs & ShouldersFriday – Arms & Core

#2 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,256 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:52 AM

My workout plan...

Start using those hotel gyms when I'm on the road, even if it's just half an hour on the treadmill.

#3 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,220 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

My workout plan...

Start using those hotel gyms when I'm on the road, even if it's just half an hour on the treadmill.

I read that if all you do is walk 2 miles in the evening it can burn as much as 600 calories.

#4 Wooderson

Wooderson

Alright, alright, alright

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

How are things going guys? 

I had a rough 2014, weight and health wise.  I had 4 weddings last summer/fall, then I got engaged in November, and the amount of food I ate during the holidays was despicable.  Once Valentine's Day rolled around and we finally got a scale in the house I really started to take things seriously for the first time in my life.  I hopped on the scale for the first time in at least a year and saw the highest weight yet, 261.8.  I decided then and there that something needed to be done.  I've had times where I've done really well working out, or really well eating healthy but never have succeeded at both at the same time.

I took pictures of myself that day as a motivational tool.  My goal was to exercise 4-5 days a week, eat extremely healthy during the week and allow myself to cheat on the weekends.  The initial weight loss goal was 25 lbs by my vacation May 31st.  I was life guarding at a local high school when I decided to make a change.  I started swimming every day on my lunch, 500 yards quickly turned into 800, 900, and 1,000 yard days.  I started gaining more energy so I started lifting in the morning along with swimming.  I didn't see much of a drop on the scale because I think I was gaining muscle as I was losing fat.  But I did feel better and looked better.  Eventually my baseball season started(I coach HS baseball) and cut into my routine.  My goal was just exercise 5 days a week, so I would alternate between swimming, running, lifting, etc.  Whatever I could do I would do.  One month in and I was down 8.8 lbs.  I'm now at 7 weeks and I'm down 14 lbs.  Best I've ever done in my life.  I'm so motivated to keep going, and very happy with myself. 

Now I still cheat on the weekends, usually two bad dinners and alcohol both nights but besides that I'm very good throughout the week.  I hope you guys are doing well and keep it up!

#5 Very wide right

Very wide right

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

This is my workout plan for the 1st quarter of 2015.

I will be running 4 days a week, at least. Varying speeds and distances, but no less then 1.5 miles.

Every exercise has a link on how to do it if you want to add something to your workout.

Monday – Shoulders

Tuesday – Back & Legs Wednesday – Chest

Thursday – Legs & Shoulders Friday – Arms & Core

Congrats on the workout,looks pretty demanding. It will suck though if you have to get a job and stop working out.

#6 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,220 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

Congrats on the workout,looks pretty demanding. It will suck though if you have to get a job and stop working out.

Yeah, I know what you mean, a job on top of the farm that I run and 30-40 hours spent doing that plus my full time job taking up 45-50 hours a week...and having a job, too?!  Yikes!

I do all of that and still manage to hike and kayak and all that.

#7 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,726 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:30 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean, a job on top of the farm that I run and 30-40 hours spent doing that plus my full time job taking up 45-50 hours a week...and having a job, too?!  Yikes!

I do all of that and still manage to hike and kayak and all that.

Yep! That's the key!

I just had a big Indian dinner from the tandoor... I feel guilty for the week. This old guy has gotta find a "real" way to burn this cheat off! ;-) ;-)

Arguing with you creeps (J/K... Not you specifically) on this board isn't going to help. ;-P ;-P

#8 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,726 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:05 AM

I am on midnights... I wanna kick back and down a soda!  MUST SAY NO!  MUST SAY NO!  :lol:  :wallbash:

That's not a "work out" plan EIL... That a "get fat again plan" :bag:

My problem is I like to do all my work and not take breaks... Then eat, kick back and/or sleep!  That's not good.  Recently, I have canned that ethic and take breaks in the middle where I can then work things off!