Photo

Pet peeves thread

• Please log in to reply
2087 replies to this topic

#2081 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

No, this is not a good town for psychedelic drugs.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

Haha...this thread has taken a dark turn.

#2082 Gugny

Gugny

Yeah, I'm a baseball guy at heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,486 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

I stayed at the Prince Kuhio Hilton Hono HA earlier this spring for work. I had a view of the mountains, and the beach, and on one particular morning, one Japanese dude air drying himself naked on his balcony across the street. They ain't shy.

Were his privates blurred out?

#2083 Johnny Hammersticks

Johnny Hammersticks

No, this is not a good town for psychedelic drugs.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:02 PM

Were his privates blurred out?

Oh, this is very funny to me. I literally laughed out loud.

#2084 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,685 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

The most surprising thing about this story is that the old guy did this surreptitiously.

Open old man nudity in a locker room is a classic pet peeve.

I have seen old guys sit around naked on leather couches in a gym club locker room. Just weird.

Old guys gotta learn to "free ball" somewhere. Trained in their youth.

This topic we discussed many years ago.  About guys swimming nude in Jr./Sr. high swim class and where the cut-off birth year was when men started feeling shame about their nudity in a group setting.  I think we decided the birth year was around the mid 1970s or so.  I was born in 1968, reached my teen years right in the middle of the societal transition... So I am on the cusp.

In West Seneca schools, I think it was my 7th grade class that was the first to experience co-ed and/or fully swim suited swim classes @ the Jr. level.  My brother, born in 1964, boys swim classes were in the buff (girls got swim suits provide by the school).  I remember my bro having me so worked up before hitting 7th grade, all for not.  We were also the first class in district to have mandatory IA (Industrial Arts) and HE (Home Economics) for both girls and boys. No choice along gender lines.

There really was a cultural, societal change in the mid 1970's, early 1980s when we moved from the communal, group days of the Great Depression, War and well past the post WWII era generation.  Those old guys you are now talking about are probably just a little older than I am.

FWIW... I see the benefits of both eras.  We are way toooooo uptight about our bodies now!  Yet, there are a lot of weirdos now.  Not saying there weren't weridos back then, maybe people were like Lisa Simpson:

394ec875c7bb6b8243ef5d6120efe357.jpg

BTW... My bro had one guy in his swim class that wore a bathing suit. "His mother made him wear it" as the story goes... He was mercilessly mocked out as being strange. Now, my brother looks back on it and thinks the rest of them were the weird ones! LoL... You think I am weird, @ 53, my brother is still stuck in 7th grade swim class with the antics he and his friends STILL pull. Don't even get me started!

Anywho... Carry on!... Just a little incite from left field... DEEP left field!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois, Yesterday, 10:17 PM.

#2085 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,685 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 PM

I really like that first one. :lol:

The Utah stick family:

stick-figure-decals-utah.jpg

#2086 KD in CA

KD in CA

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,178 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Coworkers with poor hygiene.

New guy at work has some kicking BO :sick:. Several people have commented to each other about him, but nobody is confident enough to raise the issue with him.

There's always the option to leave the deodorant on his desk;  with an anonymous 'it smells like you could use this!' note if you think he's to dumb to get the hint.

#2087 plenzmd1

plenzmd1

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts

Posted Today, 07:57 AM

Oh, this is very funny to me. I literally laughed out loud.

That was funny!

BTW, my pet peeve is kids no longer be able to take a shower in a locker room.

Christ, these kids make my car to stink to high heaven after soccer and lacrosse games/practices. 

#2088 shrader

shrader

Pleased but sticky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts

Posted Today, 08:19 AM

Nails in tires.  I'm approaching the 2 year mark in my house and I just got my third nail during that time.  It's new construction, but nothing is going up anywhere near where we live anymore, so I have no idea why a nail would be anywhere near my car.

Also, here at work (a hospital), they have signs up everywhere in the parking garage that this is a smoke-free campus, both inside and out.  Yet every day there are nurses out there hiding no so subtly in a corner in the garage smoking.  I'd imagine they could be fired for this, right?  The smoke-free campus thing might be a bit over the top, but this building has a cancer center, so I can understand why they might want to enforce that.  When you're risking your job just to get that next smoke, it really time to start trying to kick the habit.