Teeflebees

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

"Pouches"

Who pics up tab?

Our Executive Assistant orders the boxes of pouches.  She probably orders it from the corporate P-Card.

We just have one of those general coffee stations for all the employees.  

It sounds like you are with a smaller company?  I'm in a typical large corporate office and support 40,000 employees.

I was literally just coming to gripe about this. This morning the coffee wasn't even brown, it looked like dirty water. Open up the holder, the pouch is folded against a wall. 

Also, when you leave six drops of coffee in the pot, make a F*()^ new one. we have a three pot maker, so just move one pot and make a new one. F&%$^

Yep...same thing.  I start pouring in my cup, look at how weak it is, roll my eyes, dump it out and start another.

I'm thinking about putting up a sign above it saying "Make sure the coffee pouch is flat so it can be evenly brewed!"

#2382 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,320 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

Our Executive Assistant orders the boxes of pouches.  She probably orders it from the corporate P-Card.

We just have one of those general coffee stations for all the employees.  

It sounds like you are with a smaller company?  I'm in a typical large corporate office and support 40,000 employees.

Yep...same thing.  I start pouring in my cup, look at how weak it is, roll my eyes, dump it out and start another.

I'm thinking about putting up a sign above it saying "Make sure the coffee pouch is flat so it can be evenly brewed!"

40,000 employees in your office?

#2383 shrader

shrader

Pleased but sticky

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:52 AM

The one I was at does also. (Movie Tavern - http://www.movietave...tions/syracuse/) So I knew there were no seats taken around mine when I bought my ticket about 10 minutes before the show. They will show you the layout that includes what seats are already purchased, so when they bought theirs they had to see that mine was taken.

My local theater has the reserved seats too.  It's a minor complaint, but their display for the seating chart is a little screwy.  For whatever reason, what I think is the back row is actually the front row.  I haven't seen it in a while, so I forget exactly what makes me think this, but I make the same mistake every time.  I usually aim for the middle rows, but every so often I wind up  2-3 rows from the front when I wanted to be 2-3 from the back.

#2384 Teeflebees

Teeflebees

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

40,000 employees in your office?

No...we support 40,000 across the US.  We're manufacturing and have 24 mills and about 160 plants.

Our corporate office probably has roughly 500 employees.

Home Depot's Corporate Office is 10 miles from me and they have 7,000 just in their corporate office.  That's the biggest I've seen.

Edited by Teeflebees, 20 July 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#2385 Gugny

Gugny

TACOCAT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,320 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

No...we support 40,000 across the US.  We're manufacturing and have 24 mills and about 160 plants.

Our corporate office probably has roughly 500 employees.

Home Depot's Corporate Office is 10 miles from me and they have 7,000 just in their corporate office.  That's the biggest I've seen.

They should consider getting a few Keurigs.

#2386 Teeflebees

Teeflebees

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

They should consider getting a few Keurigs.

My old company did that but they cut that out because it was too expensive.  Each K-Cup box costs is pretty costly.

We switched to standing coffee machines.  It's more cost effective because you just buy a big bag of beans, pour it in the grinder slot and it gives you about 150 cups before you have to refill.

fa3.jpg

With the Keurigs, our office was spending about $600 a month on coffee.  With the machines, it was $150 a month to lease and generally about $30.00 for a bag of beans.

I think we were around $400 a month after the switch.

My new company....I have no idea how much we spend on coffee.  

I got a Keurig at home and love it.

Edited by Teeflebees, 20 July 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#2387 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,549 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

We all finally griped enough and work brought in actual good coffee. It's a Chicago Dark roast. used to have a Maxwell house  :sick:
Work provides it so i cant complain too much, which is why I am complaining about people not making coffee, it takes 5 seconds to put the pouch in the holder and hit brew. 

Yeah. Personally, I never touched more than a teaspoon of coffee in my life. I never felt obligated to make a pot @ shift change. They can make their own! ;-)

#2388 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,491 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

My local theater has the reserved seats too.  It's a minor complaint, but their display for the seating chart is a little screwy.  For whatever reason, what I think is the back row is actually the front row.  I haven't seen it in a while, so I forget exactly what makes me think this, but I make the same mistake every time.  I usually aim for the middle rows, but every so often I wind up  2-3 rows from the front when I wanted to be 2-3 from the back.

So the one I was at. I forgot how it's displayed on the screen but the employees always point out which way the theater goes so you don't make the same mistake. The first time me and the then girlfriend went, nothing was available towards the back so we were in row C. Never again we said, it was just too close to the screen.

Years ago, high school actually, so around 1987-1988, I was with some friends and we went to a theater that only had one or two screens. Sat in the front row just for the hell of it, but this was an older theater where you still had a good 20 feet or more between the front row and the screen. Can't do that most places now.

#2389 BUFFALOKIE

BUFFALOKIE

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

So the one I was at. I forgot how it's displayed on the screen but the employees always point out which way the theater goes so you don't make the same mistake. The first time me and the then girlfriend went, nothing was available towards the back so we were in row C. Never again we said, it was just too close to the screen.

Years ago, high school actually, so around 1987-1988, I was with some friends and we went to a theater that only had one or two screens. Sat in the front row just for the hell of it, but this was an older theater where you still had a good 20 feet or more between the front row and the screen. Can't do that most places now.

I wound up on the front row for star wars ep. 7. HUGE screen. It sucked at first, but we were enjoying it by the end. The seats were full recliners, so that helped.

#2390 Fan in San Diego

Fan in San Diego

Old Sage from way back when.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,306 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I switched the office to Nespresso. Perfect cup of coffee every time. about $0.70 per cup not including cost of machine ($149)

#2391 /dev/null

/dev/null

All Glory to The Hypnotoad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,444 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:46 PM

Witnessed at a fast food chain this afternoon...

People who eat in their cars and toss the trash out the window

#2392 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,549 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

Witnessed at a fast food chain this afternoon...

People who eat in their cars and toss the trash out the window

Why? Where are you supposed to throw it?

You want me to go where, all the way over there to throw it out?

;-)

#2393 /dev/null

/dev/null

All Glory to The Hypnotoad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,444 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:42 PM

Upside down toilet paper rolls

#2394 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards