37 replies to this topic

#1 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,754 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

Two years ago under O'Brian Hackenberg was a star on the rise and now he looks completely lost. It's clear that Franklin is trying to force his spread system on players that were recruited to play a pro style system and it is failing miserably, 10 sacks ridiculous  . If you get a new coach you should be able to transfer to another school, the players shouldn't be punished for coaching changes and poor system fits. 

#2 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

Mention 17 years and a puppy dies.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,956 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:52 PM

Maybe Hackenberg just is an overrated bum.

BTW, Your boy Connor Cook was meh today.

#3 #BADOL

#BADOL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

Two years ago under O'Brian Hackenberg was a star on the rise and now he looks completely lost. It's clear that Franklin is trying to force his spread system on players that were recruited to play a pro style system and it is failing miserably, 10 sacks ridiculous  . If you get a new coach you should be able to transfer to another school, the players shouldn't be punished for coaching changes and poor system fits. 

I can only hope..... :devil:

Rich and Lori aren't going to like that....... but Paterno progeny Al Golden is doing his best to ruin my Hurricanes and I will never forget that fiasco championship loss to the vastly inferior Penn State team.

Now need to get some Penn State guys infiltrated at Ohio State STAT! :devil:  :thumbsup:

#4 Observer

Observer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:58 PM

Temple stuck it to them. Never a bad thing to see PU lose.

#5 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,884 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:03 PM

I can only hope..... :devil:

Rich and Lori aren't going to like that....... but Paterno progeny Al Golden is doing his best to ruin my Hurricanes and I will never forget that fiasco championship loss to the vastly inferior Penn State team.

Now need to get some Penn State guys infiltrated at Ohio State STAT! :devil:  :thumbsup:

OSU has Larry Johnson, Sr. - DL coach. Came over from Penn St in 2014.

Edited by YoloinOhio, 05 September 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#6 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:07 PM

Hackenburg was horrible today. I am not against him slipping because whilst I am not totally sold I wouldn't at this stage mind the Bills taking him and sitting him for a year or two and developing him. Way he played tonight he might well slip out of the 1st if he comes out (he isn't a senior is he?)

#7 Chandler#81

Chandler#81

All Pro

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,257 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:08 PM

Hack is a hack. Loved seeing Temple win.

Likely no one here was alive the last time this happened.

#8 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

One other thing to add and it maybe goes to the point... Bill O'Brien mught be the guy who bucks the trend of Belichick's Patriots assistants sucking. I think he is a good coach and I am liking what I see of him on Hard Knocks.

#9 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,884 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

One other thing to add and it maybe goes to the point... Bill O'Brien mught be the guy who bucks the trend of Belichick's Patriots assistants sucking. I think he is a good coach and I am liking what I see of him on Hard Knocks.

i don't know, he's marrone's BFF.

#10 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

i don't know, he's marrone's BFF.

Bad at choosing friends, obviously.

#11 #BADOL

#BADOL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

we have Larry Johnson, Sr. - DL coach. Came over 2014.

Yes......he's a mover.......they need to promote him.   Increase his influence.   It's for the best. :devil:

#12 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 52,884 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

Yes......he's a mover.......they need to promote him.   Increase his influence.   It's for the best. :devil:

haha I think he was given one of those assistant head coach titles. The funny thing is that he was hired to replace Mike Vrabel, who left to coach the Texans DL for Bill OBrien.

#13 GunnerBill

GunnerBill

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:22 PM

Vrabel coaches the linebackers.

#14 #BADOL

#BADOL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:25 PM

haha I think he was given one of those assistant head coach titles. The funny thing is that he was hired to replace Mike Vrabel, who left to coach the Texans DL for Bill OBrien.

I haven't been following the C-Bus police blotter to see how much damage his recruits are doing..........is Urban's "heart" issue going to flare up again anytime soon? :devil:

If so I like LJ for HC and Franklin for OC.......if he can't get an 8 year extension at Penn State.   

#15 Agent 91

Agent 91

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

On the bright side Hackenberg has some impressive tape so NFL scouts know what he is. But you lose seasoning. If he has a respectable year. His stock will skyrocket because scouts will see him as a versatile player.

I cant blame Franklin though because he is good with the youngsters. Wait until he gets his system off the ground before you crucify him

#16 #BADOL

#BADOL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,019 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:42 PM

BTW college football fans........Virginia got Rosened today by the "next" great QB prospect.....true freshman Josh Rosen of UCLA.   Looking a bit Peyton-esque out there today.  TRUE FRESHMAN.

#17 Agent 91

Agent 91

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

Maybe Hackenberg just is an overrated bum.

BTW, Your boy Connor Cook was meh today.

Hope he stays an overrated bum next week. lol.

#18 Rico

Rico

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,639 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

:censored: Penn State.

#19 Agent 91

Agent 91

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 09:47 PM

The one rookie that imitated him at the rookie talent show was too funny!

#20 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

See Bufffalo-inspired art at www.inkwellstudios.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,395 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

Guess who plays Penn State next? Here's a hint: They won 51-14 Saturday.