37 replies to this topic

#21 sodbuster

sodbuster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

Guess who plays Penn State next? Here's a hint: They won 51-14 Saturday.

This could be fun.

#22 #BADOL

#BADOL

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

Taysom Hill lost for the season AGAIN for BYU.   Too bad that guy was fun to watch.

Whatever happened to Taterhill and the ezc?  Did eball run those guys off too?

#23 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,862 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Maybe Hackenberg just is an overrated bum.

BTW, Your boy Connor Cook was meh today.

Hack is good just wrong coach, mmm can you say ej

well friday, yeah it wasn't Cook's best but he can play and once he gets his timing down with the new receivers he will be fine. He has the attitude and confidence to play QB and his third down conversion % is great which is a key indicator for success.

Temple stuck it to them. Never a bad thing to see PU lose.

ouch whats with the penn st hate on here?

Hackenburg was horrible today. I am not against him slipping because whilst I am not totally sold I wouldn't at this stage mind the Bills taking him and sitting him for a year or two and developing him. Way he played tonight he might well slip out of the 1st if he comes out (he isn't a senior is he?)

no not a senior and he should totally stay in and transfer

Hack is a hack. Loved seeing Temple win.

Likely no one here was alive the last time this happened.

It was nice to see them break that losing streak but I'm a big ten guy so I root for them and whoever is undefeated at the end of the year.

Got to be some one was alive

On the bright side Hackenberg has some impressive tape so NFL scouts know what he is. But you lose seasoning. If he has a respectable year. His stock will skyrocket because scouts will see him as a versatile player.

I cant blame Franklin though because he is good with the youngsters. Wait until he gets his system off the ground before you crucify him

yeah but he is not smart enough to not force prostyle players into a spread system

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian, 05 September 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#24 Agent 91

Agent 91

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:13 PM

You see what i wrote lol. Leipold had them doing some crazy things out there today. Not to mention the Howitzer after every score

Edited by Agent 91, 05 September 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#25 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,862 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

BTW college football fans........Virginia got Rosened today by the "next" great QB prospect.....true freshman Josh Rosen of UCLA.   Looking a bit Peyton-esque out there today.  TRUE FRESHMAN.

will have to check him out

I think UB has a chance B-)

Taysom Hill lost for the season AGAIN for BYU.   Too bad that guy was fun to watch.

Whatever happened to Taterhill and the ezc?  Did eball run those guys off too?

?

#26 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,862 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

ahh were college football threads go to die.

To mods why can't all football threads be on The Stadium Wall? Very few people come over here, it's not like it would overwhelm the wall.

#27 4BillsintheBurgh

4BillsintheBurgh

Are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 03:46 AM

Two years ago under O'Brian Hackenberg was a star on the rise and now he looks completely lost. It's clear that Franklin is trying to force his spread system on players that were recruited to play a pro style system and it is failing miserably, 10 sacks ridiculous  . If you get a new coach you should be able to transfer to another school, the players shouldn't be punished for coaching changes and poor system fits. 

I couldn't agree more with the bolded.  Might cause AD's to think before flushing coaches frequently too.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of these areas like college football and fantasy football get moved to be subforums of the stadium wall, like off the wall.  If you see a title you like it could draw your click.

#28 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,862 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:12 AM

I haven't been following the C-Bus police blotter to see how much damage his recruits are doing..........is Urban's "heart" issue going to flare up again anytime soon? :devil:

If so I like LJ for HC and Franklin for OC.......if he can't get an 8 year extension at Penn State.   

no damage yet. Knock on wood. If urban ever left, IMO Tom Herman would be back as the next HC.

#29 Willyville Guy

Willyville Guy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

Two years ago under O'Brian Hackenberg was a star on the rise and now he looks completely lost. It's clear that Franklin is trying to force his spread system on players that were recruited to play a pro style system and it is failing miserably, 10 sacks ridiculous  . If you get a new coach you should be able to transfer to another school, the players shouldn't be punished for coaching changes and poor system fits. 

This reminds me of when Rich Rodriguez took over at Michigan.  He wanted to modernize Michigan’s offense with a spread-option system, but his QB – Ryan Mallet – was better suited for a pro-style offense.  Rodriguez showed no interest in Mallet, who promptly transferred to Arkansas.  It was an arrogant move, in my opinion, to cast off a heavily recruited and highly touted QB like Mallet.  You can’t take good talent for granted, and Rich Rod might have done better at Michigan had he made better use of the talent on his roster rather than force a new system into place on day one. 

I’m a Buckeye, so that situation was all good comedy for me.  But I actually like Penn St. (most of the time), so I hope Franklin makes better choices.

#30 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,862 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 07:11 PM

This reminds me of when Rich Rodriguez took over at Michigan.  He wanted to modernize Michigans offense with a spread-option system, but his QB Ryan Mallet was better suited for a pro-style offense.  Rodriguez showed no interest in Mallet, who promptly transferred to Arkansas.  It was an arrogant move, in my opinion, to cast off a heavily recruited and highly touted QB like Mallet.  You cant take good talent for granted, and Rich Rod might have done better at Michigan had he made better use of the talent on his roster rather than force a new system into place on day one. 

Im a Buckeye, so that situation was all good comedy for me.  But I actually like Penn St. (most of the time), so I hope Franklin makes better choices.

I'm sure you remember how RichRod had recruited Terrell Pryor hard to WVU because of that offense before he took the UM job and for a minute it looked like TP might follow him to M. In hindsight can you imagine TP in that scheme? Really glad it didn't happen for our sake... Might have changed a lot.

#31 Buffalo Barbarian

Buffalo Barbarian

Kyle Williams 95

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,862 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 02:26 AM

I couldn't agree more with the bolded.  Might cause AD's to think before flushing coaches frequently too.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of these areas like college football and fantasy football get moved to be subforums of the stadium wall, like off the wall.  If you see a title you like it could draw your click.

I would be good with that too

#32 Cynical

Cynical

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:24 PM

ahh were college football threads go to die.

To mods why can't all football threads be on The Stadium Wall? Very few people come over here, it's not like it would overwhelm the wall.

Because college football is not the same as pro football. Why is that so hard to understand?

There basically 2 reasons people do not come here.

1. WNY is not a college football area. Interest in college ball is far lower than in other parts of the country.
  2. Laziness. PPP has no problem attracting posters.

Quite frankly, I prefer it the way it is. Less mouth breathers. Discussions here, while limited, are far more informative and civil than I see on the Stadium Wall.

#33 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

Ladies' Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,074 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

ANother BB classic!!! Maybe give a coach more than a year before you fire them!

Just another reason not to like Hackenburg. Clearly it was James Franklin holding him back!

#34 Cynical

Cynical

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:53 AM

ANother BB classic!!! Maybe give a coach more than a year before you fire them!

Just another reason not to like Hackenburg. Clearly it was James Franklin holding him back!

Yeah, I didn't quite get the hate with Franklin. What he did at Vanderbilt was incredible.

#35 /dev/null

/dev/null

All Glory to The Hypnotoad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,408 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:49 PM

We Are 2016 B1G Champs :beer:

Probably gonna get screwed out of the Playoffs.  But still B1G champs

#36 C.Biscuit97

C.Biscuit97

Ladies' Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,074 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

BB, given your track record on predictions, why don't you do us all a favor and start a Bills will never win a SB thread? We would win a SB next year. :)

And judging any coach, unless there is a giant scandal, before 3 years is stupid.

#37 Willyville Guy

Willyville Guy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:00 PM

Got to hand it to Franklin -- what a season.  USC is a tough draw, especially in Southern California.  Should be a good one.

#38 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,862 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

Got to hand it to Franklin -- what a season.  USC is a tough draw, especially in Southern California.  Should be a good one.

7 point dogs