6 replies to this topic

#1 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,489 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

Mine, as usual, is to be at or under 200lbs by the home opener.

#2 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,295 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

No Mtn Dew.

No Taco Bell.

Run 6 miles a day.

Mine, as usual, is to be at or under 200lbs by the home opener.

Anything I can do to help, I want to do that.

does Kelly ever read this?  I noticed a not so subtle facebook message I meant to ask you about.  You had posted about rings...

#3 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,489 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:07 AM

does Kelly ever read this?  I noticed a not so subtle facebook message I meant to ask you about.  You had posted about rings...

She doesn't read this. It's more to get a rise out of her family. When we went to London for the Bills game, it just happened to be the same weekend as our 1st date anniversary. They all expected me to pop the question, even though we both said it wasn't going to happen. So on the flight back we were talking and decided to get a picture of an engagement ring and text it to her sisters, right before we boarded the plane. Well, sure enough, they all assumed it happened. So, in conclusion, we've talked about it, but I've already said its not going to happen for a while.

#4 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,295 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:31 AM

She doesn't read this. It's more to get a rise out of her family. When we went to London for the Bills game, it just happened to be the same weekend as our 1st date anniversary. They all expected me to pop the question, even though we both said it wasn't going to happen. So on the flight back we were talking and decided to get a picture of an engagement ring and text it to her sisters, right before we boarded the plane. Well, sure enough, they all assumed it happened. So, in conclusion, we've talked about it, but I've already said its not going to happen for a while.

i hope it happens. You two are a great couple, she is amazing. You're kind of alright.

#5 Blokestradamus

Blokestradamus

Respected Vice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

I started a health kick in July and really stuck to it for 2-3 months but my depression flared up badly. Combined with working nights, I went off track. I started July at 229 and I was 207.4 this morning. All things considered, not a horrible outcome.

This year, I really want to get down to that 175-180 range by the summer. I'm not a big drinker but no alcohol until I hit my goal, no junk food.

#6 ExiledInIllinois

ExiledInIllinois

Making It Flow Backwards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,541 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

Firmly hit the 190's now! Only took me a year and 2 months to lose 110 pounds...Feel GR8... I am like a 47 year old back to my high school football/ski team weight!

Spent the part of last month in SanFran... Palo Alto and all points between Squaw Valley/Lake Tahoe... Never skied as good in the last 10 years as I did this year being not a fatty!

It makes a difference! Do not let them tell you otherwise!

My 2016 goal? LoL... My plan for life... KEEP IT OFF!!!

All is well!

#7 Blokestradamus

Blokestradamus

Respected Vice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 July 2016 - 01:49 AM

Today marks the one year anniversary of me embarking on a journey to get healthier. The top end of my ideal weight is 175 pounds and that seemed like a sensible long term goal. I used to box at that weight when I left school. I started off at 229 a year ago and I'm 187 this morning.

I've found a diet that seems to work for me. The right balance of enjoyable food took a while to find but, for the purposes of weight loss, it's working rather well for me at the moment. Biggest thing was dropping my carb intake. It was around 200g a day and has been cut to average nearer 100g a day.

The biggest impact has been on my mental wellbeing. I'm much happier in myself and I'm much more positive about my future. I still have bad days but now I just hit the bike, get some music on and forget about my troubles. I've never been the most disciplined person but I've really stuck with this for the past 6 months.

I've still got a way to go to get down to 175 but this past year has given me the confidence that I will get there.