3 replies to this topic

#1 Adam

Adam

Another burned out Wannabe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,215 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

I am looking for a smartwatch to compliment my iphone, but I can't afford an apple watch (who can!). I like the fitness features of the fitbit, and the smartwatch functions of the pebble. I've been told to get both, but if I could afford that I'd be better off with an apple watch.

Any thoughts?

#2 DC Tom

DC Tom

Also sniping at retards from the balcony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,768 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

I just bought the Martian Notifier a few weeks ago.  All it really does is tell time and receive notifications from your phone...but that's quite a bit of functionality for around $40.

I like the Pebble, and the Samsumg watch, but could never justify buying them.  Because really, how much do you need from a smart watch?  I don't use a fitness tracker, so I really just need it to tell me "Something's happening.  If it looks important, check your phone for more details."

#3 Chilly

Chilly

Formerly Known as BlueFire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,172 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

I've got the Garmin Vivoactive and I love it, combination smartwatch and fitness watch.  They just announced the Vivoactive HR, I'll probably pick it up.

http://www.dcrainmak...r-vivofit3.html

Edited by BlueFire, 22 February 2016 - 10:44 PM.

#4 Very wide right

Very wide right

RFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

I am looking for a smartwatch to compliment my iphone, but I can't afford an apple watch (who can!). I like the fitness features of the fitbit, and the smartwatch functions of the pebble. I've been told to get both, but if I could afford that I'd be better off with an apple watch.

Any thoughts?

Yes, if you are a woman that uses an Iphone and you need a smart watch to "compliment" it, why are you using a mans name on your account?