989 replies to this topic

#981 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,627 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

Interesting contrast posted today by IowaHawkBlog...one of the more thoughtful social media posters.

DAD2JOsUIAALcXf.jpg    DAD2JzQVwAAPvBP.jpg

I have clients who are from India.  We're doing some college planning. Their son is 8 and has already expressed an interest in Stanford or Berkeley. His father calls him a geek. LOL.   BTW based on current cost and a modest inflation 4 years at Stanford for their 8 will be about $340k.  

#982 /dev/null

/dev/null

All Glory to The Hypnotoad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,060 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Interesting contrast posted today by IowaHawkBlog...one of the more thoughtful social media posters.

Of course Math is inherently Raysis©.  Numbers were culturally appropriated by White people from the Arabs (who themselves 'appropriated' it from India)

#983 DC Tom

DC Tom

Also sniping at retards from the balcony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

The reason.com blog doesn't even do that math course justice.  It is a mammoth pile of looney navel-gazing bull ****.  

#984 Tiberius

Tiberius

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,658 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

http://thehill.com/h...encement-speech

#985 B-Man

B-Man

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,694 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

A group of Notre Dame students walked out at the start of Vice President Pence’s commencement speech Sunday.

The protest had been planned in advance so the walkout was not a surprise.

What may have been a surprise was how few students actually decided to join the walkout. 

The group that organized the protest cited a news report saying 150 people walked out

However, if you read the story it says about half of the 150 were students and the other half were family members.

I’d say that’s about 60-75 students, which is not a very significant turnout in a graduating class of 3,000. 

Protestors.jpeg?resize=403%2C600

#986 B-Man

B-Man

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,694 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:29 PM

Upon seeing dozens of Notre Dame graduates walk out of Vice President Pence’s commencement address, I wondered whether any conservative students have ever walked out on any liberal speaker’s college address? I can’t think of a single instance.

The fact that it is only lefties who feel compelled to demonstrate their self-righteousness ought to tell us something about the asymmetry of manners, among other things, between left and right.

--Steven Hayward

http://www.powerline...ed (Power Line)

#987 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:32 PM

Upon seeing dozens of Notre Dame graduates walk out of Vice President Pence’s commencement address, I wondered whether any conservative students have ever walked out on any liberal speaker’s college address? I can’t think of a single instance.

The fact that it is only lefties who feel compelled to demonstrate their self-righteousness ought to tell us something about the asymmetry of manners, among other things, between left and right.

--Steven Hayward

http://www.powerline...ed (Power Line)

The immature lack of respect is astounding.  

#988 DC Tom

DC Tom

Also sniping at retards from the balcony

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60,757 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:57 PM

The immature lack of respect is astounding.  

Lack of respect?  They're fighting Nazis.  You don't show Hitler respect.

#989 Chef Jim

Chef Jim

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38,627 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

The immature lack of respect understanding history is astounding.  

Better Tom?

#990 Golden*Wheels

Golden*Wheels

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted Today, 08:24 AM

I sometimes wondered why people were wearing bike helmets to these "protests". Well, because you might get hit with a bike lock. Makes perfect sense!

http://www.eastbayti...ssault-suspect/

Super surprising this isn't all over the normal news channels. Cuz man there is some great video of it.

Edited by Golden*Wheels, Today, 08:25 AM.