66 replies to this topic

#61 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

See Bufffalo-inspired art at www.inkwellstudios.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,437 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:59 AM

Not sure if this is where to post this but I'm still having some days where the Stadium Wall takes forever to load, even on mobile view. I click a link and wait, and wait, and sometimes I get a "can't load page" warning before it suddenly pops in. Is this on your end or due to crappy phone data? (Seems to happen more when on my phone.)

#62 Jobu

Jobu

The real Slim Shady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

This site (both forums and tbd) work great for me everywhere.  From crappy data on my phone to a less than optimal 3mb DSL line to a 100mb pipe at work. When I have experienced a load problem its been due to certain ad networks on the site and not the site itself.  Do you have LTE/4g signal when you have the problem?

Good place to start with slowdowns is to try it in private browsing or incognito mode and see if the problem still occurs. What browser are you using?  

#63 Rocky Landing

Rocky Landing

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:21 PM

I generally fear and resist change. Plus, I'm hypercritical of anything new. I say, leave it the way it is, and stay the hell off my lawn.

#64 Fadingpain

Fadingpain

Senior VP, Robust Analytics Department

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

Less is better.  Keep the framework as simple as possible so as to put the focus on the contributors and their posts.

Agreed, but there needs to be more diversity among posting categories.

Right now it is all "off topic" or "Buffalo Bills football."

The problem is the Wall contains tons of topics that have nothing to do with Bills football and many I would like to be able to ignore by leaving them in a separate sub-forum.

A few examples...

Threads started b/c someone related to the sport of football has died.  That should not be in a Bills forum.

Some player around the league has been arrested for X.  That should not be in a Bills forum.

College related football discussion.  That should not be in a Bills forum.

I would suggest the forum would be benefitted by the following "Sub forums":

Buffalo Bills football discussion

NFL Draft News/Announcement/Rankings/Draft Prospects

Around the NFL

College Football

And then keep "off the wall" for random general stuff having nothing really to do with football.

If nothing else, a "Buffalo Bills Football" forum and a "Around the NFL" forum would are greatly needed.

#65 Just Jack

Just Jack

Lifting things up and putting them down

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,265 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

College related football discussion.  That should not be in a Bills forum.

There already is a college football section

http://forums.twobil...llege-football/

#66 Beef Jerky

Beef Jerky

Jerky Beef

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:35 AM

I would like to be able to skip to the last page of a thread on the mobile part of the site.

Edited by Beef Jerky, 04 December 2016 - 06:51 AM.

#67 Keukasmallies

Keukasmallies

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:21 AM

Not at all sure where my 2₵ belongs, but here goes:  My only recent experience with website redesign  is with a site titled MacRumors.  Pre-redesign I visited the site at least once a day.  Following the redesign (many months ago) I've only checked it once or twice.

My point is that it appears to me that the if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it concept could come into play at any time.  On the other hand, my observation is based on one person - me.  So, if TBD is well and truly broken, have at it with gusto.  If not, tread very lightly.  Change for change sake often just plain sux.