1085 replies to this topic

#1081 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,243 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:32 PM

60 minutes is doing a piece on the tulsa shooting.  they chose to leave out the audio of the clip.  the audio of the clip where the police are telling him to stop walking away, to stop and all of that.  they also briefly only mentioned he was only high on PCP.

they're talking about hands up don't shoot.  ok, that's totally a great idea - but that means you !@#$ing stop and put your hands up and do what the !@#$ police say.  don't be a dumbass and just put your hands up and think it matters.

i'm hoping another year of only the media giving a !@#$ will make this disappear without the DOJ and president blowing it up.

Edited by Boyst62, 02 April 2017 - 06:33 PM.

#1082 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,230 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:53 AM

60 minutes is doing a piece on the tulsa shooting.  they chose to leave out the audio of the clip.  the audio of the clip where the police are telling him to stop walking away, to stop and all of that.  they also briefly only mentioned he was only high on PCP.

they're talking about hands up don't shoot.  ok, that's totally a great idea - but that means you !@#$ing stop and put your hands up and do what the !@#$ police say.  don't be a dumbass and just put your hands up and think it matters.

i'm hoping another year of only the media giving a !@#$ will make this disappear without the DOJ and president blowing it up.

The thing that was pissing me off is that the interviewer was giving the cop the tough questions, and the sister of the deceased softball questions...............Finally, when she mentioned that she would get things on twitter about why didn't he comply, he said Well, what about that.  She gave some total nonsense answer that didn't answer the question whatsoever, and of course he let's her skate with no followup...........And, she's going on about he committed no crime.  His SUV was in the middle of the street, that's all...............Is that legal - to leave a car in the middle of the street running and abandoned?  Blocking traffic.  

This was one of the few where I thought the cop was really in the wrong.  Until tonight.  Now, I'm not so sure.  WTF didn't the guy say a !@#$ing word.  He just keeps heading to his car.............I saw some black guy post over and over on twitter tonight saying how it wasn't the guy's fault - he was high on PCP - and they often can't hear things. 

#1083 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,243 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:10 AM

The thing that was pissing me off is that the interviewer was giving the cop the tough questions, and the sister of the deceased softball questions...............Finally, when she mentioned that she would get things on twitter about why didn't he comply, he said Well, what about that.  She gave some total nonsense answer that didn't answer the question whatsoever, and of course he let's her skate with no followup...........And, she's going on about he committed no crime.  His SUV was in the middle of the street, that's all...............Is that legal - to leave a car in the middle of the street running and abandoned?  Blocking traffic.  

This was one of the few where I thought the cop was really in the wrong.  Until tonight.  Now, I'm not so sure.  WTF didn't the guy say a !@#$ing word.  He just keeps heading to his car.............I saw some black guy post over and over on twitter tonight saying how it wasn't the guy's fault - he was high on PCP - and they often can't hear things. 

the pcp part has me at a pause because addiction is a serious problem. Did she recognize he was high? Did she recognize that he was not only a threat to them but obviously himself? Shooting him to defend herself I am 100% comfortable with if she was in fear for her life and I believe she was; though, she will be found guilty due to public pressure. But, if she said she was worried for his safety after recognizing he was high than I am unsatisfied.

This is not as simple as little tray tray or Michael brown. Those were obvious assaults. This is positioned much more differently and after Al the footage is to be released in the trial we will see.

But, that interview was horrible. Letting her open endedly finish the interview by saying she is a victim is just sloppy. Brushing over details about threats to her and her family, she has been unemployed for a year, etc is important. If they would have simply mentioned she is not guilty of a crime yet or stopped the sister from saying her brother was murdered I'd be much more satisfied with that piece being journalism.

#1084 bbb

bbb

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,230 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

I didn't hear her say she was worried about his safety, only hers. 

#1085 B-Man

B-Man

All Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,694 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

Jeff Sessions Pulls the Plug on an Obama Legacy and There Are Lots of Hurt Feelings

http://www.redstate....-hurt-feelings/

#1086 Boyst62

Boyst62

Hall of Farmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,243 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

Tulsa cop found innocent. This is surprising. But fair. 60minutes piece was brutally bias.