45 replies to this topic

#41 Canadian Bills Fan

Canadian Bills Fan

When it's too tough for them it's just right for us

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,964 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:38 AM

You do know you're on a Watch List, right?

I would be worried if I wasn't

CBF

#42 YoloinOhio

YoloinOhio

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,986 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:18 AM

Thank you mods for putting up with us

#43 Matt in KC

Matt in KC

I'm a fractal of the man I used to be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:20 AM

Thank you, SDS and all board moderators.  The service you provide is greatly appreciated!  We're far enough along now I think I can say that you have made TBD/TSW the best place to talk about the Bills for decades!

A point to potentially address in this thread is the combining and closing of topics.  I think that often confuses newbies and might rub them the wrong way. (Maybe add to the Q&A?)

Q: Why are topics people start sometimes closed or combined?

#44 JohnC

JohnC

UDFA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,102 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Thank you, SDS and all board moderators.  The service you provide is greatly appreciated!  We're far enough along now I think I can say that you have made TBD/TSW the best place to talk about the Bills for decades!

A point to potentially address in this thread is the combining and closing of topics.  I think that often confuses newbies and might rub them the wrong way. (Maybe add to the Q&A?)

I understand why similar topics are combined. It allows people to respond to a topic without having to choose a number of similar topics to respond to. It creates a cleaner and more efficient board. 

What I would like to see is an asterisk or star added to let people know that this is a combined topic. 

Edited by JohnC, 15 July 2016 - 02:49 PM.

#45 Matt in KC

Matt in KC

I'm a fractal of the man I used to be...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 03:38 PM

I understand why similar topics are combined. It allows people to respond to a topic without having to choose a number of similar topics to respond to. It creates a cleaner and more efficient board. 

What I would like to see is an asterisk or star added to let people know that this is a combined topic. 

Oh yeah, I totally get it too, and usually appreciate the merge/close decisions.  I just thought that this would be a good addition to a "review of board moderation" practices thread since this topic is where I have read the most grief about the moderation.

#46 BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill

Jim K is tough but so is being a Bills fan

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,724 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:39 AM

Matt in KC thanks for the question. Maybe this helps:

http://forums.twobil...plicate-topics/